Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see the game but it sounds serious.

Although this is tragic for our season, we have to look ahead and see what can be done in replacement.

The obvious subs are Kapo, Olivera and Del Piero. Del Piero may find space afterall.

Juventus have to show that they can perform well without our best player.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
perfect replacementer Olivera.......He has every tool being world class attacking midfielder

his all shooting go to "shots on target"

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I hate to say it but this injury looks to be a reoccurance of Nedved's injury in Euro 2004 that kept him out of action for months. The fact that Pavel was crying while being stretchered off tells me that he was in serious pain and also knew that his season could be in doubt. :depress:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i think they should play like this if nedved was to be injured the whole season
buffon
zebina,canna,thuram,zambrotta
camo,emerson,?(rosicky=)?),Olivera
trez,ibra

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what the hell happened? how long is Nevded out now? back for the games against Real no?

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
While attempting a full power volley, his left leg collided with an opponents studs!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
it wasn't the studs but rather just on his thigh, still painful considering that Nedved went all out on that kick

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Good news :

Possible Serious Knee Injury For Nedved
1/23/2005 4:34:00 PM
Pavel Nedved was strechered off the Delle Alpi pitch in tears midway through the second half of Juve's match against Brescia, on Sunday.
Television images revealed the Czech star twisted his knee after a tackle by Brescia's Domizzi.

"We are worried for Nedved. He feels great pain, let's hope it is not something serious. It would be a tremendous loss for us," said Juve coach Capello after the game.

At first it appeared Nedved's season might have been over, but the latest news coming from Turin indicate things might be much less dramatic as initally thought.

Juventus doctor Riccardo Agricola said an official diagnosis will be handed out tomorrow.

Juventus won the match over struggling Brescia 2-0, and now hold a five point lead over second placed AC Milan.

Thank God...

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Zambro on the left wing fits perfectly, but still nedved only finishes off the games with a poewrfull shot :(

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
We need Pavel for the game vs. "Galacticos" :boxing:

I saw today game vs. Mallorca and Real Madrid seems very fragile in the defense...also the midfield isn´t big thing, Emerson could handle it....and that Gravensen is only a fighter, nothing more, Blasi seems better...also Raul is playing crap, and Zizou isn´t playing great either....but still we need Nedved to beat them...

Another news is that Albertini will be sold to Barcelona, so, Atalanta, our next opponent, lost a good player...Barcelona also bought Maxi Lopez...but nobody says nothing about Mascherano...

I will pray for Nedved tonight... :scared:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good News For Nedved And Juve
1/24/2005 1:55:00 PM
Juventus fans can breathe a sigh of relief as their Czech star Pavel Nedved’s injury is less serious than first thought.
The Juventus medical staff announced Nedved just has a bruised knee.

His rehabilitation time will take a little over two weeks.

Nedved injured his left knee during Juve’s 2-0 victory over Brescia yesterday, and initially it was thought he might have suffered a season-ending injury.
Related Information:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Good :).

Solution: Kapo on the left, or a tridente with DP. I don't think the latter is a very harmonious choice given the charachters of the players, but seing the lack of creativity from central midfield, perhaps having three guys up there will yield some interesting plays?

Such a formation could create a real problem for Zebina though, as Camo would have to cover more ground.

Regardless of the formation, with the starters, we should beat Atalanta away next week, so it's the right time for some experiments if we need it.
Would be good to have answers before the next runds of serieA which look tough (high flying Samp at home, and Palermo away).

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Andr3w said:
Good news :
Possible Serious Knee Injury For Nedved
I had to look under your avatar again before I read the full news :D

Anyway, good news, indeed. In the meantime we can have Kapo or Zambrotta on the left and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good news...but....we have a little problem for our next game (Atalanta): Nedved is injured, i dont know about Zambro, and Emo is injured also...and more, Blasi is suspended...so.....we´ll have an experiment in the midfield vs. Atalanta...probably Appiah will play :googly:

or

---------------Buffon-------------
Zebina---Thuram--Canna-----Pessotto--
Camo---Tach----Emo/Appiah---Olivera
----Zlatan---------Trez-----------

or

--------------Buffon------------------
Zebina---Thuram--Canna----Pessotto---
Camo-------Emo/Tach/Appiah----Olivera
------------Del Piero-----------------
-----Zlatan----------Trez-------------

I like last one a lot!!! :cool: