Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03/10/2004. Juventus star Pavel Nedved maintains that he wants to stay at the club, despite the Bianconeri being knocked out of the Champions League at the hands of Deportivo.

The Czech midfielder was once again denied the chance to play in the final, after missing last year's clash with Milan through suspension.

"I wanted it so much and so I am in pieces," he told Tuttosport, "But I am tough and I will try again with even more effort."

And can Nedved envisage reaching a future final with Juve?: "For me yes, but if the club decides otherwise then I will try with another club."
SA Italy

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Garrincha said:
Why?? :confused: Until yesterday he was the team's MVP. And now he's expendable? :wth:
Juve's MVP? Hardly, Garrincha. Pavel hasn't been anywhere near his best ever since he was awarded that Golden Ball. Honestly, at this point any decent offer should be seriously pondered.

There's not a single untouchable player at the moment -bar Buffon. NOT ONE !

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Steph! said:
Juve's MVP? Hardly, Garrincha. Pavel hasn't been anywhere near his best ever since he was awarded that Golden Ball. Honestly, at this point any decent offer should be seriously pondered.

There's not a single untouchable player at the moment -bar Buffon. NOT ONE !
The only reason Pavel is not untouchable is our financial situation and the fact that he's not 25. We should also consider that Pavel's declining form might have to do with Juventus not considering him a certainty for next season. There were many, many rumours about Juve agreeing on a fee with Chelsea already in January with Nedved rejecting the move. That kind of thing, after such a season as Nedved had enjoyed, could have an impact on anyone.

Futhermore- I think, apart from Buffon, Maresca and Zambrotta should be ASOLUTELY unsellable. Ther are many more I'd like to keep, but looking at finances... for a big time overall there might be a point in selling even players like Trez and especially Thuram, and DP- if anyone wants to pay an honest sum- because of the latter two's wages.

But Trez for sure would have to command a bizarre fee (as should Nedved), since he's in a prime age.

It remains crux for me however, that IF we were to sell our MVP's then we're talking complete change. We should certainly not hold on to Di Vaio either if we're selling Trez.

What is more- while we might not have the finances to go for stars even if we sell our stars... we should definately get the most TALENTED prospects. Long term I mean. We need to always be top4 no matter what.

But I DO hope Nedved stays.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Roby said:
but it doesn't help when it happens to all players of a certain team, at the same time... that's beside the point.
probably was wrong the pre-season?
This summer was the first time that they have changed place of the pre-season and programm!

·
Registered
780 Posts
i really doubt that juve will sell nedved, DP, thuram, Trezequet at the same time. these guys are the core of the team. you can't just replace the heart of the team. juve certainly doesn't work like this. We will see changes surely, but slowly.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Roby said:
i really doubt that juve will sell nedved, DP, thuram, Trezequet at the same time. these guys are the core of the team. you can't just replace the heart of the team. juve certainly doesn't work like this. We will see changes surely, but slowly.
exactly

expect 2 names to leave in the summer, and then another in the winter....

thuram and trez will be first to go, i expect ADP to be sold next year sometime, barring a bid in the summer

the fact is no club wants ADP, he is overpaid and under talented for his exorbant fee and wages.....as for nedved, he can be sold within minutes of being put up for sale.

though if u list neddie its not as easy as trez to replace, aimar or rosicky must come in, if not expect juve to struggle.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Glen said:
The only reason Pavel is not untouchable is our financial situation and the fact that he's not 25. We should also consider that Pavel's declining form might have to do with Juventus not considering him a certainty for next season. There were many, many rumours about Juve agreeing on a fee with Chelsea already in January with Nedved rejecting the move. That kind of thing, after such a season as Nedved had enjoyed, could have an impact on anyone.

Futhermore- I think, apart from Buffon, Maresca and Zambrotta should be ASOLUTELY unsellable. Ther are many more I'd like to keep, but looking at finances... for a big time overall there might be a point in selling even players like Trez and especially Thuram, and DP- if anyone wants to pay an honest sum- because of the latter two's wages.

But Trez for sure would have to command a bizarre fee (as should Nedved), since he's in a prime age.

It remains crux for me however, that IF we were to sell our MVP's then we're talking complete change. We should certainly not hold on to Di Vaio either if we're selling Trez.

What is more- while we might not have the finances to go for stars even if we sell our stars... we should definately get the most TALENTED prospects. Long term I mean. We need to always be top4 no matter what.

But I DO hope Nedved stays.
Question: if Chelsea offered 20m quids, would you turn them down?

Btw, I didn't mean to write down the players I personally would never agree to sell -in which case we think alike... my point was to see things from the management's perspective. When it's not functioning wondrous well collectively, the pundits start looking down on individuals I figure.

Making abstraction of a not-so-distant past, only Buffon does instantly give the impression he couldn't be replaced for the better. Not even Del Piero, Thuram nor Zambrotta, with the kind of form he's in, are 100% sure to be there next season if the offer is right. As for Maresca, we both know his soft berth is all but guaranteed.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lav said:
the fact is no club wants ADP, he is overpaid and under talented for his exorbant fee and wages.....as for nedved, he can be sold within minutes of being put up for sale.
how can you be certain this is a fact? sure, he's not playing well now, but who is on this team? there is a reason why he is a leader of this team.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
he is not your leader.

its clear nedved ahs been the leader last season and this one.....he is the one that steps up and takes charge.

alex stopped being a juve leader when he got injured in 99, since then he has been an icon at the club, because no one else would take him off your hands.

juve need to get his wage of the books to get some money and give miccoli a real chance.

name me one club that could use adp....none in italy, none in england, and none in spain.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Lav said:
exactly

expect 2 names to leave in the summer, and then another in the winter....

thuram and trez will be first to go, i expect ADP to be sold next year sometime, barring a bid in the summer

though if u list neddie its not as easy as trez to replace, aimar or rosicky must come in, if not expect juve to struggle.
If Madrid have too much money and intend to throw some out the window, they're very welcome to do so and buy Thuram. It's always our pleasure to do business with them.

Having said that, I doubt the Frenchman is on his way out.

As for Del Piero, a select few clubs would agree to hire him, yes -none is a wrong figure obviously - Manchester, Chelsea and Barcelona. His image is still very positive despite his decline and he remains a wise bet for marketing purposes -even abroad, but less so obviously.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lav said:
since then he has been an icon at the club, because no one else would take him off your hands.
this is a strange thought. How can a team consider a player an icon just because they couldn’t find someone to buy that player.

As for last season. In the beginning of the season, before he got injured, DP was clearly carrying the team.

as for which clubs may want him, see steph's post.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Steph! said:
If Madrid have too much money and intend to throw some out the window, they're very welcome to do so and buy Thuram. It's always our pleasure to do business with them.

Having said that, I doubt the Frenchman is on his way out.

As for Del Piero, a select few clubs would agree to hire him, yes -none is a wrong figure obviously - Manchester, Chelsea and Barcelona. His image is still very positive despite his decline and he remains a wise bet for marketing purposes -even abroad, but less so obviously.
dep piero in barca?
they have saviola and ronaldhino....and kulivert the last thing they need is another segunda punta, ronaldhino does that perfectly and better then alex

chealsea....umm steph lisen to this list: hasselbank, eidur, mutu, crespo, forsell, c. cole, arjen robber.....adn tehy need a striker?

man u....not bloody likely, for one they want a young player who will submit to the feed RVN tactic, and they jsut bought saha for an overpiced fee, i dont see them bringing in alex.

as for real
they buy WORLD CLASS players.....and Alex certanly isnt of that caliber any more, nor could he displace raul as the segunda punta.

there is no market for him that is why he is still on your books

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Roby said:
this is a strange thought. How can a team consider a player an icon just because they couldn’t find someone to buy that player.

As for last season. In the beginning of the season, before he got injured, DP was clearly carrying the team.

as for which clubs may want him, see steph's post.
he is your icon cause u sold BAGGIO to give adp a chance.

he is to juve what maldini and totti are to milan and roma, he is the flag bearer.

however he is no longer the best player in the team, nor is he even of much use to the team save for ad promotions, the only reason he is still here is that you cannot get him off the nooks

as for WHY those clubs DONT WANT HIM see my above post.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts