Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday 7th May 2002

Czech Republic international Pavel Nedved had admitted his second Serie A winners medal, picked up with Juventus at the weekend, was more of an achievement than his first with Lazio. "This one was much more difficult," he said.

Nedved endured a torrid first few months at the Delle Alpi after joining from the Rome giants for £26 million in June, failing to meet the high standards he had set the previous campaign.

However, following a settling in period and a change of tactics, the attacking midfielder found his feet.

"The start to the season wasn't good, which makes this victory all the more precious," he declared after Juve's win at Udinese had clinched the championship ahead of Internazionale and Roma.

"After my transfer from Lazio I had to get used to a new style. It took a long time to sort out the right formation. But the end of the season was thrilling. We didn't concede a single goal in our last five league games."

And Nedved is clear about when the turning point in Juve's season occurred. "It was on December 23 at Brescia, when we first tried out the 4-3-1-2 system," he explained. "We won and realised that the system worked."

Nedved did not take part in the title celebrations and very nearly missed the game against Udinese.

"I've had a virus since I played for the Czech Republic against Greece," he revealed. "I feel weak and I get out of breath quickly.

"The doctor didn't want to let me play last Sunday, but since it was the last game he consented.

"But I'll probably miss the replay of the final of the Italian Cup. I just hope I'll be fine by the Czech Republic's friendly with Italy on May 18."

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nedved should be embarassed of saying this things, no one can be proud of winning thropies with rubentus!

The scudetto he won with Lazio was the only honest and decent one because the scudetto he just won with rubentus was dirty, stained and dishonest.

·
Registered
600 Posts
So that's why I did find any glimpse of the blonde hair in any of the celebrations pics at Juventus.com.

I didn't found any Zenoni, Ferrara, and Iuliano in those pics either, where are these guys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.