Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was supposed to be the championship game in my agenda, but after the ****ups from the last two weeks we need the help of RBC tonight (as you can also see in my signature) in order to have a party tomorrow in Mokum. We have already experienced two more titles in Nijmegen in the recent past, so it would be a perfect scenario still if PSV can't win tonight, but more of all for me personally, cause I don't want a party when I'm in Turkey for my holiday. Although better having a party when I am away, than none.... Only such a screwup is at the bottom of my list with possible endings of this season.

Anyway forget about the result from PSV and simply take this game as main target. In the recent past we have never won that big in Nijmegen, but their current form this season should make it possible to win it easy. As long as we start sharp and not as soft as we did against RBC. Surprisingly they have Baretto back from his injury, according to their official website. I thought he would miss the rest of the season. :confused: Their best defender Wielaert on the other hand is suspended, so that makes up the return of Baretto at least. Since Edgar has showed a few glimpses of his class, but he hasnt shined for real yet.

I hope that we will start with Zlatan back in the line-up and Victor at the bench (at home,watching Canal +), but that doesn't that likely. Although NEC's website (again) has him out of our probable line-up. They have Pienaar and De Ridder up the wings. Which is a possibility too, since a rightfooter as leftwinger isn't that odd. See Sikora, Overmars and Gronkjaer from our recent past. Not all with greatest effect of course, but at least the majority did well.

The line-up

Lobont - De Jong, Heitinga, Escudé, Maxwell - Galasek, Sneijder, Van der Vaart - Pienaar, Zlatan, De Ridder

The score

NEC - Ajax 0 - 2

VdV
Sonck

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Do you guys still pick Mitea despite his 'sentimental issues.' We didn't. :groan:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicky is currently injured so that's why he hasn't been in the line-up for Ajax or he hasn't he been called up for Romania. I think you're the only one here who believed that Jackass story if that it was you're refering too with the sentimental shit.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About the game: a 0-0 that doesn't bother me that much as a draw normally would, although the boys must remember that they at least need to win one more game, cause we can't rely on AZ the last day against PSV, since the cheesefarmers have already achieved their goal after the 7 goal frenzy against RKC.

Certainly with Mitea out at the moment I think we should forget about a 4-3-3 system, since both Soetaers and Sikora are still useless. Yesterday Sikora was even outpaced by someone from NEC, so even his speed his gone down the drain. He was lucky that the chance wasn't converted by NEC otherwise I would have bought one of his mugs and trown it to his head.

Also Raf and Zlatan weren't exactly sharp. Both got a good set of chances, but nothing seems to go in anymore. Only a lucky header from Raf last week when he didn't have to think much, but for the rest. He's still nowhere near the Raf of previous season.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
chivu said:
Nicky is currently injured so that's why he hasn't been in the line-up for Ajax or he hasn't he been called up for Romania. I think you're the only one here who believed that Jackass story if that it was you're refering too with the sentimental shit.
No that's not the story Raven is referring to. Apparently Iordanescu (Romania's coach) wanted to leave Mitea out of this game because he tought Nicky was too "in love"....and wanted to teach him a lesson.

Before playing against Scotland Nicky was on the phone all the time - before and after training, even on the way to the stadium right before the game, and our coach got annoyed with him.

He announced Mitea will be out of the next friendly for "sentimental" reasons. But now that Nicky got injured he changed the story and said that he won't play because he is injured.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts