Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've been on here (made evident by the fact there doesn't appear to be a lower league thread for this season yet!). Life gets busy sometimes, but just had a friend over for a groundhop weekend in Budapest, so seemed appropriate to jump back in again with a few pics. Hit up 10 games from Friday-Sunday, taking in all 7 divisions.

Friday 3rd October 2014

Vizafogo FC 0-5 Hidegkuti SC, Nepfurdo Utcai Stadion (6th tier)

Hegyvidek 4-0 Kelen FC, Siketek SC Sporttelep (4th tier)

Saturday 4th October 2014

Csepel Youth v UPSE, Csepel FC Stadion Auxiliary Pitch (Youth League)

Tokol 0-3 Csepel, Sport Utcai Stadion (3rd tier)

Mini tifo display at the Csepel Island derby.

Vasas 0-1 Szigetszentmiklos (2nd tier)

Sunday 5th October 2014

Maccabi Vac Hungary 3-8 Hercules, Merkapt Sporttelep (7th tier)

Interestingly what appeared to be a Jewish club in Budapest, with a big star of David on their crest. (http://www.pestifoci.hu/index.php/bmc ) Ground was possibly my favourite of the whole weekend. An absolute nightmare to find and had to hop a fence in the end to get in, but a beautiful natural bowl carved into the land in the middle of nowhere with...

...a couple of logs for a main stand. Suberb!

2011 Champion FC 4-9 FC Pifu, Siketek SC Sporttelep (7th tier)

Inter CDF SE 10-0 Nagytetenyi SE, Siketek SC Sporttelep (5th tier)

Another interesting team comprised solely of Africans. Very exciting to watch. Not sure the story behind it. Needs investigating.

BKV Előre SC 1-1 Gyori ETO II, BKV Előre SC Sporttelep (3rd tier)

MTK 2-0 Nyíregyháza Spartacus FC, Bozsik József Stadion (1st tier)

And took the hop into double figures and completed the set of divisions in one weekend with a visit to MTK's new temporary home. Given the state of the old one is still perfect, with a beautifully kept pitch and goals still there, seems odd that they would be renting somewhere else.

Hilarious hoolie flags at MTK. I presume they must be tongue in cheek. I can't think of another club I've come across less inclined towards hooliganism! One of the calmest, friendliest places I've been to see football ever.

·
Registered
59,928 Posts
Maccabi Vac Hungary 3-8 Hercules, Merkapt Sporttelep (7th tier)

Interestingly what appeared to be a Jewish club in Budapest, with a big star of David on their crest.
MTK 2-0 Nyíregyháza Spartacus FC, Bozsik József Stadion (1st tier)

Hilarious hoolie flags at MTK. I presume they must be tongue in cheek. I can't think of another club I've come across less inclined towards hooliganism! One of the calmest, friendliest places I've been to see football ever.

Maccabi VAC football team was founded some years ago by MTK supporters

and yeah, MTK "hooligans" :proud:

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Thanks for the rundown, sjc_three...really enjoyed it, especially the logs:):thumbsup:

No one likes us we don't care:D If only there were more of em:(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the rundown, sjc_three...really enjoyed it, especially the logs:):thumbsup:
Yes, me too.

The weekend really was a timely reminder of what a deep love of football there is in Hungary. Given there are 4 amateur division alone in the capital, the bottom two containing 3 and 4 leagues each, there is clearly no shortage of demand for the sport. Which again begs the questions, where did it all go wrong for Hungarian football?

·
Registered
59,928 Posts
people in charge, coaches, politics, MLSZ, this over many decades. plus not coping with the combo of capitalism + footie after 1989.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
So the wankers found a way to support Fradi in a way without having to be searched and scanned when entering a ground :yawn:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
lol we don't have a general lower leagues thread? :)
Most likely Vasas and Loki are going to clinch promotion. Juju started the hiszti last weekend complaining about the Loki defenders, very politically correct (not). The usual Balázs stuff.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Ha amazing if we don't with all the threads. There is a Loki thread though. Both of those teams really should be NBI. In Loki's case if for nothing else than for their stadium.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts