Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42,712 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
The whinebowl seems to be over though, Warriors up 2-0. Good luck beating this GSW team 4 out of 5 games.

Anyways the whining and crying about the officiating has been ridiculous, kind of how neutrals must have felt during the Pep-Mou clasicos I suppose. I used to really like watching both teams play, and now I not sure I do anymore. The series has brought out the ugly from both teams. I'm legit convinced that GSW are deliberately trying to put slide into the shooting area of Harden just to hurt him. They did with Kawhi in 2017 and got him out of that series against the Spurs, and they tried to do it to Harden atleast 4 times in game 1.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Bucks destroyed Boston in Game 2.

Some dope in the media wrote off the Bucks after the first game :facepalm: Paul Pierce.

http://thebiglead.com/2019/04/28/paul-pierce-thinks-the-celtics-bucks-series-is-over/

Sixers somehow won in Toronto despite limited offensive output from Simmons and Embiid, the latter having problems with gastro. Butler had a big game for them.
It wasn't somehow, James Buttler showed up finally. If this version of Buttler keeps showing up in the playoffs, Sixers could be going to the finals.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
How bad is the quality of the NBA atm lol.

Just watched the 4th quarter of Bucks vs Raptors thinking it was some random play-off game but it's the Conference finals?

Some of the shot selections and decisions.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
How bad is the quality of the NBA atm lol.

Just watched the 4th quarter of Bucks vs Raptors thinking it was some random play-off game but it's the Conference finals?

Some of the shot selections and decisions.
The West disappointed for the most part. The East had more interesting series this year.

I really hope though that Leonard can help the Raptors overcome the Warriors. They have home court advantage which gives some advantage at least. It seems they've corrected Kyle Lowry. He can be dangerously erratic but they've made him stick to defending and passing the ball more, only shooting when he's wide open, not pulling up on terrible shots or contested ones. If they can avoid shooting contests with the Warriors and stick to Leonard/Siakam/Gasol/Ibaka working in the paint, they'll have plenty of opportunities to hurt them. Lowry and VanVleet need to continue with above average performances. Portland and Houston shot themselves in the foot via shooting contests with the NBA's best. I wonder if Kevin Durant calling Leonard a "system player" will come back to bite him. Anyways, the finals should be much more exciting than the Warriors-Cavs garbage.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The Splash Brothers with a pair of clutch treys to force Game 6. Lol

Klay deserves a max contract this summer, either with GSW or some other team.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
I hope this loss tonight doesn't come back to bite Toronto. Now they have to go back to Golden State, all of a sudden you could find yourself in a game 7 situation. Durant or no Durant, this team has always been tough as nails. Toronto actually played better tonight on offense, they were more aggressive in the paint. They need to be. With that said, Marc Gasol has been disappointing in this series. Not the same player he was in Memphis. Not sure if fatigue, nerves or poor coaching. He's been passive on the boards.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With that said, Marc Gasol has been disappointing in this series. Not the same player he was in Memphis. Not sure if fatigue, nerves or poor coaching. He's been passive on the boards.
Naah he's been great. Super solid defense as usual and has shot well too. He actually has a better +/- in this series than Kawhi.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I concur with Andy. Gasol is not as influential like in his heyday, but he brings smarts to this Raptor side. His role with Memphis was different. It was him and Conley running things. I think this may be more comfortable for him being like the 4th option on the team and just setting picks, moving the ball, and taking his shots when left wide open. Off the bench they always have Ibaka who is a defensive force.

Stylistically this is a wrap imo. GS turns the ball over far to much (nothing new over the years). It often kills their momentum even if the teams are not capitalizing on their turnovers as they should. It'll be hard to choke this away for Toronto given the situation they find themselves in. I'd honestly have Bogut receive more minutes than Cousins. He's like their Gasol minus the shooting.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
That was one wacky ending. Congratulations to Toronto and Leonard. He knows how to lead by example. That was a slap to San Antonio's face. It is crazy how he doesn't have a MVP yet. He does have two Finals MVP though which proves his worth. Kyle Lowry actually showed up offensively for tonight. He gave them an excellent start. It was a shame that Klay Thompson became injured late in the game, it is what it is. Toronto nearly choked it away in the final minutes, especially with that horrendous Danny Green pass that almost gave the Warriors a final chance to push it to a game 7, regardless with Thompson injured they'd probably lose game 7 anyway. Anyways, it feels nice to see that dynasty end. Kevin Durant is crazy for risking his body in the game before. He was questionable after being gone for a month. Well, he'll still be in demand the year after assuming he opts in his final year with the Warriors.

Expect Leonard to join the Clippers after the summer. He'll return home, get some decent endorsements for once, the Clippers have some good players and Jerry West has done an amazing job. It would be awesome if he wins a 3rd championship with a third team. It will happen eventually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts