Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a strong feeling in my heart it will be Los Angeles Clippers vs New Jersey Nets. I think this is the NBA dream final. Perhaps the NBA would like it this way as well.

Both teams are near-complete, full of dangerous shooters, strong benches, fairly decent coaches. Top tier markets.

Miami and Golden State IMHO are the only teams that can interfere with things.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Clippers frontline has too much questions to make them near complete.

If they made the KG trade over DeAndre Jordan I'd be much more welcoming of them reaching the final.

Anyways - repeat of the last finals, as things currently stand.

Although Indiana looks tough.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Whatever, just omit Heat and Spurs win it all.

But I agree, Clipps vs Nets would be an immense showdown. But watch out for Indiana, the addition of Luis Scola is extremely under-rated.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
I'd be pretty shocked if the Clippers as presently constructed make the NBA Finals. No good wing stopper and no D on the low block.

East conference will be between Miami, Indiana and Chicago. Outside shot for Brooklyn if they manage to keep the minutes of Pierce and Garnett in check

West I believe will be between Spurs, OKC and Grizzlies. Houston, I have no idea about as to what Dwight Howard shows up, even with a 2009 Dwight I dont see them being contenders. GSW and LAC will be pretenders.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Houston are my boys..

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I am goinn with Kiyan's Toronto...They're headed all the way (To Lake Ontario that is ) :dielaugh:

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be pretty shocked if the Clippers as presently constructed make the NBA Finals. No good wing stopper and no D on the low block.

East conference will be between Miami, Indiana and Chicago. Outside shot for Brooklyn if they manage to keep the minutes of Pierce and Garnett in check

West I believe will be between Spurs, OKC and Grizzlies. Houston, I have no idea about as to what Dwight Howard shows up, even with a 2009 Dwight I dont see them being contenders. GSW and LAC will be pretenders.
Only DeAndre Jordan needs to get his shit together. We'll see if Doc can manage him at all.

I have no idea about Dudley's defense, I know he's a hard working player, but Barnes is among one of the NBA's top defenders at his position so to say there's no wing stopper is utter BS.

Indiana will be back in the playoffs probably around the 2nd round but even with Scola I don't see how they can do damage when they have no play makers. No point guard, no LeBron James/Dirk type forwards. Whose going to pass the ball and make the plays? CJ Watson? I can't rate him at the moment, I do know he's an offguard and history has shown us that offguards more times than not tend to be failures. Derek Fisher was better than most of the garbage offguards of today, if the Pacers want to use their bigs, they need Watson to pass the ball. I'm sure he'll be better than George Hill and Augustin who were horrendous.

OKC ****ed up the draft by getting some obscure New Zealander. They could have had the guy from Gonzaga, no idea why they picked some obscure 19 year old. With an old aging and decaying Perkins, an Ibaka who needs someone to feed it to him to jump shoot, they don't have any true offensive weapons outside of Durant and Westbrook. Shutdown Westbrook and it is pretty much all over.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am goinn with Kiyan's Toronto...They're headed all the way (To Lake Ontario that is ) :dielaugh:
Canada and basketball don't sit well together lol. They need a strong management. Toronto is a nice city but the team keeps going in the wrong direction.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Toronto is magnificent, their PRO Teams all suck, including soccer

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Have a strong feeling in my heart it will be Los Angeles Clippers vs New Jersey Nets. I think this is the NBA dream final. Perhaps the NBA would like it this way as well.

Both teams are near-complete, full of dangerous shooters, strong benches, fairly decent coaches. Top tier markets.

Miami and Golden State IMHO are the only teams that can interfere with things.
This Final will never happen for a single reason: New Jersey Nets don't exist :D

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I think it will be OKC vs. Indiana.

I don't see Oden pulling through for the Heat and playing minutes (even if he does, he'll play 5-10 minutes a game max, ) so he won't make much of a difference. meanwhile, Indiana have added a nice piece in Luis Scola with the heat letting Miller... I see it going to seven games again, with the pacers coming out on top.

In the West, I think OKC will either battle out the Clippers or the Rockets in the Western Finals, and I can see Durant taking over the series in either of those two matchups due to the lack of the superstar SF on either the Clippers or the Rockets.

In the end, I see the Thunder coming out with their first NBA title in OKC, and Durant/Westbrook's first rings, as well.

Either way, completely excited about this upcoming NBA season.

·
Registered
437 Posts
In my opinion the conteders are OKC and Spurs in the west and Chicago, Indiana and Miami in the East. Though one injury can totaly ruin a team chances.

There some interesting teams the west that could also be contenders like Golden State and Memphis, maybe Houston. The Clippers are the most overated team in the NBA. I don't see anyone else in the east appart from the three I mentioned.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Clippers are in a DO or DIE mode. Anything short of a championship is a failure for them. I don't think Doc Rivers would be fired. For sure though DeAndre Jordan will be the first victim if they lose a potential championship. They'll get rid of him through any means necessary. Then the Chris Paul and Blake Griffin show will have to come to a permanent end. Either the source of the problem will be Paul or Griffin. Honestly with the shooters they have in their arsenal 4-5 outside deadly shooters, Paul and Griffin, should both find them. They would be stupid not to. They shouldn't rely too much on their athletic plays, look for more passing opportunities whenever they're doubled.

Interesting you guys are all sold on the Pacers. They still lack a true point guard, but who knows, maybe they can get away with it this year. I'm not sold but I guess people feel very good about their chances after upgrading the bench big time with 3 offensive minded players in Watson, Scola, and Copeland.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Too tough to say because injuries play a big factor. Thunder would have at least made the Conference Finals had Westbrook not been injured.

No injuries? A repeat of this years finals.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
No one can count on Oden as anything as of now, though.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
If your talking favorites, its definetly Miami ..and close call between OKC/Spurs. I'll side more with OKC though, I think if westbrook didnt get injured they would have beat the spurs.

Favorites for title is defo miami. Jordan-Bulls, Shaq-Lakers all 3peated..And I think Lebron-Miami will do so as well. Despite losing mike miller, when wade was healthy last year they went on 27 game winning streak.Its not just any championship team, but its one of the all time great teams.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
OKC would lose to Spurs the year before if not for Harden saving their asses.

Last year they had Kevin Martin instead.

Now they have neither.

All while Spurs remain the same and probably better team.

I don't get why OKC are picked ahead of Spurs so much.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Serge Ibaka has to improve and become a legit offensive threat and the pressure should be put on him to improve because the Thunder organisation chose to pay him instead of Harden.

Right now I cannot see them beating the Spurs in a seven game series.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts