Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dream participants would be...

Vince Carter
Michael Jordan (don't think he still can jump high though)
Tracy McGrady
Kobe Bryant
Steve Francis
Jason Richardson

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
the dunk contests just are not exciting anymore, i would love to see vince, kobe and tracy go at it but instead were gonna see some 18 year old scrubs just like last year which must of been one of the worst dunk offs in history.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
it's just not the same.......

Marek said:
the dunk contests just are not exciting anymore, i would love to see vince, kobe and tracy go at it but instead were gonna see some 18 year old scrubs just like last year which must of been one of the worst dunk offs in history.
I agree instead of seeing great dunkers like Vince,Kobe,T-Mac and Steve Franchise and KG we will see dumb ass SUBS who really harly anyone knows?

MJ23 has no hops but i wouldent mind seeing him instead of what they show us.:depress:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
since the dunk contest right know is really for unknown or up and coming players, i would love to see keon clark enter the competition this guy is a vicious dunker at 7 feet tall this guy has some serious hops.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Gerald Wallace :)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
The dunk contest has run its course and is nothing now. You've already pretty much see every kind of dunk there is and it just looks dumb now with guys jumping over chairs...woopie...

What I think they should do is rather than have the dunk contest....they should go to an alley-oop contest where a a player entered can use his point guard to lob alley oops to them. That would bring back alot of excitement to the competition.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like that idea Jure ... and you are right about the dunk contest, even though last year's dunk contest seemed dull, it was very comparable to the dunk contests in the past...I guess Carter ruined it for us eh ?!? :)

Anyway ... alley-oop contest sounds great to me.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
LOL, after Carter 2 seasons ago. I think we dont have any dunks left.... Even the elbow hang is taken..:D

Anyway, I heard that there was some speculation that Vince is going to do 2 dnuks in one.. He dunks it, and before the ball hits the ground, he grabs it in the air and dunks it in the again. hmmmmmmmmmm:devil:

Also it'd be nice to see some nice windmill alley-oops.. 520 dunks.....:tongue: ;) :D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Actually I heard that Carter is flying in Fredrick Weiss from France and will try to duplicate the dunk he had against him in Sydney when he jumped over him to dunk the ball. ;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
:D :D :D

So does anyone know who the participants are this year?
I heard Desmond Mason will be back, but otherwise, I have no clue.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Deniz said:
So does anyone know who the participants are this year?
I heard Desmond Mason will be back, but otherwise, I have no clue.
They didn't announce the paticipants yet. Should be known in the next couple of days :)

·
International
6,724 Posts
I would choose these 6:

1) K. Bryant (LAL)
2) V. Carter (Tor)
3) S. Francis (Hou)
4) D. Miles (LAC
5) G. Wallace (Sac)
6) J. Richardson (GS)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Carter won't participate ... he already said that :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Either will T-Mac and Koby is very doubtful. They need to change some things to motivate the top players to enter. The dunk contest is only viable with the very best dunkers. Because only the very top dunkers are creative enough to show us something we havn't seen before.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Either will T-Mac and Koby is very doubtful. They need to change some things to motivate the top players to enter. The dunk contest is only viable with the very best dunkers. Because only the very top dunkers are creative enough to show us something we havn't seen before.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not attractive at all...i think either Francis or Jason Richardson will win it...francis is the shortest among those 4 guys but his vertical jump is incredible.. :dazed:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
CARTER should try this dunk contest !!!!
AGAIN !
I think he got some trick on his sleeve !

Furthermore seeing JORDAN in the dunk contest isnt' a bad idea
I want to see his moves ! I think he still got it

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Jose luis pirri said:
They announced the particpants for the Dunk Contest today. Only 4 of them :confused:
Steve Francis, Houston
Desmond Mason, Seattle
Jason Richardson, Golden St.
Gerald Wallace, Sacramento
hehe you'll see out of no where Carter, Kobe, T-Mac and Miles will come out in Philly and enter the competition..;) No seriously the dunk contest this year will be very borring (again !)..:rolleyes: I am now finding 2 ball more exciting..:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts