Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

any interest in a draft game?

I was think of doing it like this: everybody picks a current NBA franchise and protects two players from the roster who they want to keep (example: you pick Lakers and protect Kobe and Clarkson).

then, when we have enough participants, we start to draft players from the unprotected player pool. the draft order will be based on the regular season win-loss record of 14/15 season (reverse order with the weakest franchise picking first)...2nd round is the reverse of the 1st round order etc (basically the snake draft format).

so we have 10 rounds and after this we will vote to give out three awards:

best overall team

most improved team (compared to the current state of the franchise in the real world)

team with the brightest future (which team might be the best in around 18/19 season or so)

maybe also additional awards like the best defense and the best offense.

to sign up, simply post in this thread and pick a team and the two players you want to protect.

I will play too; I'll wait a bit with picking my team.

Trades are allowed. Both parties have to post confirmation in the thread for the trade to be official. Picks can be included too. In case somebody trades several picks for one higher pick, a supplemental round in the end of the game might be necessary, so everybody could complete their 12 man rosters.

picks, draft order and team lists: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=19594770&postcount=28

·
Registered
12,718 Posts

any interest in a draft game?

I was think of doing it like this: everybody picks a current NBA franchise and protects two players from the roster who they want to keep (example: you pick Lakers and protect Kobe and Clarkson).

then, when we have enough participants, we start to draft players from the unprotected player pool. the draft order will be based on the regular season win-loss record of 14/15 season (reverse order with the weakest franchise picking first)...2nd round is the reverse of the 1st round order etc (basically the snake draft format).

so we have 10 rounds and after this we will vote to give out three awards:

best overall team

most improved team (compared to the current state of the franchise in the real world)

team with the brightest future (which team might be the best in around 18/19 season or so)

maybe also additional awards like the best defense and the best offense.

to sign up, simply post in this thread and pick a team and the two players you want to protect.

I will play too; I'll wait a bit with picking my team.

I'll write up more precise rules if we get this game going; and we can also decide if we want player trading to be an option.
In.

Blake Griffin and Chris Paul from the Clips.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
OKC

Westbrook and Durant.

·
D10S
2,209 Posts
In, claiming for the Spurs :D
Protecting Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Duncan, Parker and Ginobili could pack their baggage :D

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
I take it that Ronaldwho will be barred from playing :D

Going with Lakers: Clarkson & Randle
Russell is chopped liver over Clarkson?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
At the moment, yes. Russell still needs about 2 years of development and Clarkson in the first 4 games average about 18 points on 54% shooting (47% from 3P). Definitely the steal of last year's draft

Well the sample is small and the Lakers have a weak roster, but I believe Clarkson's season ending stats won't be too far off from his current numbers.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so it's 11 participants at the moment. let's give it a few more days...would be nice to have around 15-16.

·
D10S
2,209 Posts
Yeah, disqualify cumi2got too! Sorry pal, never seen you around & got my team & picks...
WTF, dude... You're the one who hasn't been around.
AndyChrist and me often havin' great banter in football and girls section.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts