Xtratime Community banner

Who will be the best player of 2015 draft?

• Justise Winslow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willie Cauley-Stein

• Myles Turner

• somebody else

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now the positions of the weak/tanking teams are clear...but the lottery awaits and this can change much

you can try out the lottery simulator here: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2015/mockdraft

the result I got was pretty lol:

it shows how much the lottery might matter...in this scenario Sixers have THREE first round picks as you can see. If two teams jump ahead of Lakers it means they lose their 1-5 protected pick to Philly. If only one team jumps ahead of Heat they lose their 1-10 protected pick to Philly too.

Anyway, lots of possible scenarios there but I guess Towns will go first no matter who picks. Even teams which already have a good young center (like Kings, Pistons, Magic) would pick and trade him.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've seen some lists having Kaminsky in top 10...pure madness, he'll never be more than a role player in NBA. let's see if some naive GM will buy into the college player of the year hype like it went with McDermott.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NBA draft lottery scenarios:

1. Minnesota -- 25% for No. 1 pick, 64.3% for top-3 pick

2. New York -- 19.9% for No. 1 pick, 55.8% for top-3 pick

3. Philadelphia -- 15.6% for No. 1 pick, 46.9% for top-3 pick

4. L.A. Lakers -- 11.9% for No. 1 pick, 37.8% for top-3 pick

5. Orlando -- 8.8% for No. 1 pick, 29.1% for top-3 pick

6. Sacramento -- 6.3% for No. 1 pick, 21.5% for top-3 pick

7. Denver -- 4.3% for No. 1 pick, 15.0% for top-3 pick

8. Detroit -- 2.8% for No. 1 pick, 9.9% for top-3 pick

9. Charlotte -- 1.7% for No. 1 pick, 6.1% for top-3 pick

10. Miami -- 1.1% for No. 1 pick, 4.0% for top-3 pick

11. Utah* -- 0.8% for No. 1 pick, 2.9% for top-3 pick

12. Indiana* -- 0.7% for No. 1 pick, 2.5% for top-3 pick

13. Phoenix -- 0.6% for No. 1 pick, 2.2% for top-3 pick

14. Oklahoma City -- 0.5% for No. 1 pick, 1.8% for top-3 pick

* Utah and Indiana will split the average of the available lottery balls and then hold a tiebreaker to determine who gets the leftover.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I've seen some lists having Kaminsky in top 10...pure madness, he'll never be more than a role player in NBA. let's see if some naive GM will buy into the college player of the year hype like it went with McDermott.
white guys never get any love. if frank was black, he'd be a top 10 pick. lol

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well most of the American whites tend to be pretty bad...college stars who won't make it big in NBA.

eurowhites tend to perform better.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
The good thing about Towns is his free throw shooting, great asset to have. Dude could easily be a 15 ppg player in the first year. Okafor will end up first more than likely.

Dekker is a skilled white dude imo. Reminds me a lot of Van Horn, except that Keith was a significantly better shooter. Hyped for Hezonja though

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The good thing about Towns is his free throw shooting, great asset to have. Dude could easily be a 15 ppg player in the first year. Okafor will end up first more than likely.

Dekker is a skilled white dude imo. Reminds me a lot of Van Horn, except that Keith was a significantly better shooter. Hyped for Hezonja though
nope, his stock has dropped significantly because people say he can't protect the rim and has no range so he needs a rim protecting stretch PF to complement him and there's not that many of those. Towns will go first and Russell and/or Mudiay might go before Okafor too, depending of the needs of those teams which pick 2nd and 3rd.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anybody seen Russell? is he really as good as some people say?

I'm also wondering what will become of Latvian prospect Porzingis who is projected around 5tht-7th spot...I wish Estonia could produce a player like him. He seems like a taller version of Kirilenko, a hustle player who also has decent shooting touch. Skinny guy but hopefully makes a decent NBA pf/sf.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Who cares about your GARBAGE AC ?????

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
Has anybody seen Russell? is he really as good as some people say?

I'm also wondering what will become of Latvian prospect Porzingis who is projected around 5tht-7th spot...I wish Estonia could produce a player like him. He seems like a taller version of Kirilenko, a hustle player who also has decent shooting touch. Skinny guy but hopefully makes a decent NBA pf/sf.
Russell is going to be a fringe All-Star players for years and years to come. His handles will need work next year, and needs some more upper body strength to drive, but his jumper should translate well. His defense will always be average, but can be good, never great though.

I'd take him over Mudiay without hesitation.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Draft Lottery is today.

There are 1,001 combinations, with one unassigned. If that one comes up, it is discarded and four more numbers are drawn.

The NBA uses a representative from the accounting firm Ernst and Young to oversee the process, which is conducted just before the TV broadcast of the event.

The ping-pong selection is done in a separate room, and inside the room are NBA officials, reporters, Denise Pelli from Ernst and Young, representatives from each of the 14 lottery teams, a ping-pong machine operator and timekeeper. The people in the room are sequestered without communication devices until the No. 1 pick is revealed on the TV broadcast.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
How deep is this draft. I have a feeling everything after the top 3 is a crap chute here.

Okafor, Towns and Russell look legit NBA players though.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knicks ends up 4th...lol that franchise is doomed

no other surprises yet, Lakers in top 3 obviously :rollani:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Wolves
2. Lakers
3. 76rs

amazing...the worst team in NBA actually won the draft, which doesn't happen often, only 5th time since the system started since 1985. and first ever top pick for Minnesota.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
How deep is this draft. I have a feeling everything after the top 3 is a crap chute here.

Okafor, Towns and Russell look legit NBA players though.

This year's draft is pretty good. Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja can all contribute instantly to whichever teams who drafted them. And with the Lakers drafting at #2, that means they will end up with either Okafor or Towns :happy:

·
10,888 Posts
This year's draft is pretty good. Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja can all contribute instantly to whichever teams who drafted them. And with the Lakers drafting at #2, that means they will end up with either Okafor or Towns :happy:
Ah, the 'luck' of the Lakers.

Seriously though, with Randle and Okafor/Towns, the Lakers could be back among the contenders in 2-3 years. Obviously if they don't swing a trade for Cousins or Davis before that.

How long does Scott last here?

EDIT: About Hezonja, Mudiay and Winslow. Not sold at all. Hezonja looks like the biggest red flag of all. He was hardly getting playtime for Barcelona and Barcelona's team isn't very good.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Willie Cauley-Stein would perhaps be the most NBA-ready top 10 pick.

Seriously though, with Randle and Okafor/Towns, the Lakers could be back among the contenders in 2-3 years. Obviously if they don't swing a trade for Cousins or Davis before that.

EDIT: About Hezonja, Mudiay and Winslow. Not sold at all. Hezonja looks like the biggest red flag of all. He was hardly getting playtime for Barcelona and Barcelona's team isn't very good.
:nono:

·
Registered
12,798 Posts

After how the Lakers were screwed by Stern on the CP3 trade, and the lucky rim bounces which cost them 2 championships to Boston in the 60s, it's about time the basketball gods repay their debts to the Lakers.

For youngsters, you can throw in Jordan Clarkson as well. In Clarkson, Randle, Towns/Okafor, LA now has a group of young talents to build a contending team around. This core group might even be tempting enough to lure Durant to LA when he becomes a free agent next year.

Scott has 3 years left on his contract.

On Hezonja, there is no question on his fundamental skills and athletic gifts. He's not getting playing time due to his arrogance, which is not going down well with his teammates and coaching staff. He even claimed to be better than Messi if he's playing football :howler:

·
10,888 Posts
After how the Lakers were screwed by Stern on the CP3 trade, and the lucky rim bounces which cost them 2 championships to Boston in the 60s, it's about time the basketball gods repay their debts to the Lakers.

For youngsters, you can throw in Jordan Clarkson as well. In Clarkson, Randle, Towns/Okafor, LA now has a group of young talents to build a contending team around. This core group might even be tempting enough to lure Durant to LA when he becomes a free agent next year.

Scott has 3 years left on his contract.

On Hezonja, there is no question on his fundamental skills and athletic gifts. He's not getting playing time due to his arrogance, which is not going down well with his teammates and coaching staff. He even claimed to be better than Messi if he's playing football :howler:
I really doubt Durant leave to go for another project. If he leaves, he is going to a ready to win now situation like LeBron did. I think Houston.

Scott won't possibly last all three years with this crappy basketball, will he?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts