Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When does the new season start? Anyone knows?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The newcomers are MTK and Budafok - with Csaba Csizmadia as head coach. How will they fair?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some analysis on recent results.

Judging by how Vidi and Puskás play, we still only have 1 decent European team, which is highly distressing. I guess we can say goodbye to an automatic CL spot for the foreseeable future. Even if Fradi keep achieving upsets there is no way we can do it with only 1 team in the group stages. But at least we have one every season, I guess you can call that progress.

(What we would have done to say that 5 years ago eh? :ROFLMAO: )

Vidi may have won yesterday but they are still pretty shit. Puskás are in ruins (the Academy, not the Magical's memory). Budafok reaching 3rd place!! Who would have sunk they'd do better than MTK!

MTK are becoming a standard NB1 team again which is great to see. "Mészáros, ez nem a teeendeeer!" :D

It is ironic to see how no problem every match is for Ferencváros. Next up: Vidi-Fradi...

Only 4 points between last and 4th place, so a very balanced alsóház.

Honvéd are still shit! What has Bódog been doing, can someone please let me know?

Egycsapatos bajnokság all the way. Which I would normally not have a problem with if the second, third and fourth teams would be able to play the kind of passing football @Pista always demands, and with good reason. Right now all I see is kapkodás and széthúzás, the kind of things that make these clubs go out in EL QR 1 and 2, soon to be ECL QR 1 and 2.

·
Registered
58,559 Posts
I like it how Budafock, Paks and MTK have hardly any légiós or none at all :)

Kisvárda on the other hand who regularly play with 11 foreigners as starters :(

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I like it how Budafock, Paks and MTK have hardly any légiós or none at all :)
No doubt. If you're going to have a crap league, at least have your own players improving and gaining experience in it. Rather have that across all of NB1 than a single team full of légiósok crushed by Barca in the CL.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No doubt. If you're going to have a crap league, at least have your own players improving and gaining experience in it. Rather have that across all of NB1 than a single team full of légiósok crushed by Barca in the CL.
Ferencváros owner's and director's reasoning is that Fradi have a responsibility to represent Hungary in Europe, so they have to use the best players they can afford. A good example for that is Roland Varga who is not even in the CL squad, there are so many better players (Mak, Boli, Isael etc.).

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Yeah, know that is the reasoning, but it seems rather shortsighted to me. Think the approach I mentioned would be better for magyar foci in the long run. Also probably more fun for fans throughout the season.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
22-year-old Zelena and 20-year-old Kovácsréti came in for Kisvárda in the second half, they were amazing. Assist by Kovácsréti, goal by Zelena. Zelena almost got a second in the end. They both could be considered for the U21 at least.

Hope they will start in the future.

This was Zelena's very first NB1 game! What a start.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, guys.

We have fútbol.

Újpest-Paks. It's awesome. Helyzet itt, helyzet ott.

Hegedűs mekkora kapus.

Bognár Gyuri egy zseni. Az idősebbik.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts