Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although i hate Al Hilal cos of the special favours they get from the refs under the orders of Emir sultan. I have to admit they have some top quality players such as Al Daeya and Suliman but the person who is grabbing people's attention left,right and centre is nawaf-I can understand it.

He has great dribbling ability, vision, distribution and shoots. Some people say he does not have the tricks of Sami or Al Theyan but he is still a beauty.

I think if saudi have the chance to impress in the WC it is mainly rooted on him.

another think, Al johar said he had six first choice players missing during uraguay match up. Can any body tell me the six names.
I think it is Nawaf, Al daeya, ?,?,? and ?.

·
Registered
775 Posts
He will be Very Famous and he is very Powerful good luck to al Temyat

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
SALIH said:
another think, Al johar said he had six first choice players missing during uraguay match up. Can any body tell me the six names. I think it is Nawaf, Al daeya, ?,?,? and ?.
hmmm.. I think these are the names that Al Johar thought about:

1. Nawaf
2. Al Doayea
3. Al Dookhi
4. Suleiman
5. Sami Al Jaber
6. choose your pick between Ahmed Khalil/Al Jam3aan/Shalhoub or even Omar Al Ghamdi..

From the 6.. the forst 2 are the ones who I'd consider as certainties for the starting eleven.. with Sami MAYBE qualifying as a third.. Sheliyah recently has been in excellent form that should not be overseen.. Tokar has been OUTSTANDING!! (Ahmed Khalil & Abdulla Suleiman... astareeee7oo!!!! :)).. As for Al Jam3aan.. No comment :)

·
International
6,724 Posts
Al Temyat given green light for historic transfer to Roda JC

Here is an article I found at Dailysoccer.com. I don't know if it's true, coz I read yesterday that Al Hilal have rejected a US$8 million bid :confused:
------------------------------------------------------
AMSTERDAM, April 15 (DS) Roda JC Kerkrade's path towards the historic signing of Saudi Arabian star player, Nawaf Al Temyat has been given the green light by the most influential princes and oil barons in the country. The 2000 Asian player of the year will become the first ever Saudi Arabian player to be sold to a foreign club. 25-year-old Al Temyat said, "a dream has come true. A new phase in my life can begin. Holland is the ideal step up to the absolute European top. Look at the amount of Nigerian players, Romario and Ronaldo and how many Dutch players play at world-class level. Personally I feel that the step from Saudi-Arabian football to a European top-club is too big. That's why Roda JC is the ideal option".

The club who surprised many with their UEFA Cup adventure, but are struggling in the Dutch League are adding some flair to their selection with the expected arrival of Brazilians Sergio and Cristiano from NAC Breda and now the imminent multi-million signing of midfielder, Al Temyat. Roda will have to make some special allowances for the player who is likely to join after the World Cup. Al Temyat wants a bigger car and needs a house with four bedrooms. He will be marrying this summer, and according to Arab culture it is the norm that his wife, mother and mother-in-law move in with him. He must also be able to shower seperately at the stadium, because of his beliefs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oil Barons, customary for the mother-in-law to move in with them,
who the hell wrote this article!!

I also read that Hilal rejected the offer in footballasia.co site. However, they claim their source is Al-Riyadh newspaper. I read the paper, they did not say they rejected.

Personally, I think Hilal management are wrong if they refuse to let him go. $8 million is way too much for any Saudi player (at least for now). Moreover, Nawaf has made it clear that he wants the fame in Europe even if it is at the expense of finances, which is not even the case here. I wonder if he will be well motivated to play for Hilal next season. I don't blame him if he isn't.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Dossary said:
Oil Barons, customary for the mother-in-law to move in with them,
who the hell wrote this article!!

I also read that Hilal rejected the offer in footballasia.co site. However, they claim their source is Al-Riyadh newspaper. I read the paper, they did not say they rejected.

Personally, I think Hilal management are wrong if they refuse to let him go. $8 million is way too much for any Saudi player (at least for now). Moreover, Nawaf has made it clear that he wants the fame in Europe even if it is at the expense of finances, which is not even the case here. I wonder if he will be well motivated to play for Hilal next season. I don't blame him if he isn't.
looooool

I can imagine it now. Him asking for a big house with two entrances two reception rooms a mul7ag tent and a GMC Suburban :dielaugh:

I wouldn't blame Roda if they just packed up and left. They made a VERY generous offer and in return the Hilalis and Nawaf are asking this and that and delaying and fudging. Of course there should be negotiation, but it seems the Hilalis must make a circus out of the whole thing and make a big deal out of it as if they're selling Ronaldo. They're at risk of putting off potential buyers from buying Saudi players from any of the clubs, not just Hilal, with their record in the transfer market (Jaber and wolves, Temyat and Roda).

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Re: Al Temyat given green light for historic transfer to Roda JC

Jose luis pirri said:
He will be marrying this summer, and according to Arab culture it is the norm that his wife, mother and mother-in-law move in with him. He must also be able to shower seperately at the stadium, because of his beliefs.
LOOOOOOOOOL :D :dazed:

If I was him.. and had to do that.. I'd get the house.. then get me another apartment for me to stay in!!!! :D Just the thought of it is too much for me :)

Anyway.. if Al Hilal reject it.. then they are really acting stupidly.. we (as a calibre of players) will never improve and reach ANYTHING unless we start selling our players (especially young ones) to European teams.. why? easy.. better competition day in day out.. better training.. better development.. and to actually be able to get some of our players to think instead of acting like robots on the pitch!!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Hilal didn't reject the offer, they just decided to make "a3dha2 al sharaf" decide on the situation and there is going to be a meeting between them on Saturday to decide yes or no.. and I also read that the 8 million $ fee isn't true as the offer is less than that... I also read that Hilal are thinking of selling him but on the condition that he stays with them until July so that he could play in the Super compeition or game..

There are also rumours about Roda loaning him out to an italian team after signing him but Roda denied it..

And that article is indeed a classic one! :D:dielaugh:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Who the f*ck does this guy think he is to demand these things? Did Roda sign some proven World Cup star from Real Madrid? Different shower because of his beliefs??? There are hundreds of muslim players in europe who dont make such fuss over that!

If I was Roda, I'd take my money and go elsewhere. This guy sounds like a cancer for the team. :irritate:

Are these things true?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Amo..

Well I actually think that most of this is a big load of BS.. especially the house thing and the mom and mother in law thing.. that is pure bull.. I'm married and if my mother and mother in law spent one night at home with me.. I'd leave the country :)

But I would have to say that the shower thing might be valid.. I just pictured my self in Nawaf's place.. and if I was at any team.. I wouldn't want to shower naked with all my team mates.. if not cuz it's against our religion to do so then it's cuz of shyness or something.. But the point is that as a Muslim.. there are certain parts of the body that should not be shown to another man.. and I think it's good that Nawaf is sticking by that..

Yes, if these were his demands.. I'd call Roda right now and tell them go look for another guy from France or Spain or even Africa.. he'd cost you much less!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Sorry Yasir, but there are many muslim players in Europe and noone is complaining about showers. Do you think Zidane has a separate shower in Real Madrid? Or do you think Roberto Baggio had a separate shower when he was travelling with the Italian national team? Down there this guy might be a semi-god or maybe your teams are rich enough to have separate showers for every player, but in europe if ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE (be that Zidane, Baggio, Mido or Naybet) demanded a separate shower I can assure you the team would tell him to shut up and take shower in bathsuit if he doesn't like it.

Sorry, but thats an unreasonable demand. And if he insists on them I can very well see him making a wonderfull career in his country's league with only taste of international football the first round of the World Cup every 4 years.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Baggio ? Muslim ?

The last I heard was he was a Buddhist... Not Muslim :rolleyes:

As for Zidane, he is not a practicing Muslim, and the rest of the guys we dont even know if Deportivo or Ajax have separate showers or not !

But I do respect Tamyat for requesting the shower thing, if he did. Soccer = Game.. Religion = Much important ! As for the other demans, ah well its too much I think.

Maybe they can build him a closed shower with a star on the glass door and "Tamyat" written in the star just like actors ;) ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Or, they can let him earn his money and do his separate showers in Saudi Arabia and buy someone more sensible. And this is what they'll do if he has these demands... :rolleyes:

Still Sab, there are many Muslim players in Europe, some of them SHOULD be practising Muslims and no team has separate showers, thats 100% sure.

Yes, sorry, Baggio is buddhist. Who cares anyway... :tongue:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Indeed, if Nawaf doesn't go to Holland, the chances of other Saudi players will be severely blown. I mean this is the first time such a delegation from a European club came to KSA to finalize things. In the past, just faxes were sent but no one actually came to Riyadh or Jeddah to sign things. Nawaf has said in every interview in the past two or three years that he badly wants to go to Europe. I really think that its the management who are holding up not him.

Hilal is one of the worst managed clubs in the region. There are way too many "cooks" who often ruin things. There are so many important "a3dhaa sharaf" with big names who have to agree on everything otherwise all hell breaks loose. Moreover, Saud bin Turki is very young and doesn't have enough authority. If he gives the green light to NAwaf without the consensus of the "big names" it's going to be off with Saud's head the next time Hilal loses a competition. My theory: "Arabs + Democracy = Confusion"

The demands look rediculous. I mean is there even a four bedroom house in Europe (except for Royal Palaces)?:D :D I know Saudi families with 6+ children in Eurpoe crammed in Apts. or duplexes. As for the shower thing, I was in such a situation many times in the past. We used to either shower alone (after or before everyone) or shower with swimming trunks. It's not like you can't wash the private areas with the trunks on:D :D I think that's how practicing Muslim players in Europe do. Besides, a Muslim is supposed to shower right after you know what. Being a newlywed, Nawaf can do the serious cleaning at home quite often!

Amoroso forced me to write the previous paragraph. I didn't think I would ever discuss shower arrangements with any one!:D :D

Ahmad, loooooooool

You never know. He is originally from Rafha (a small town near Iraq) and his granfather was a chieftan of a Shammar clan!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings to all, this is a most interesting forum and I am enjoying reading these posts especially about Nawaf who is the player we most fear in Ireland,. If he is like Ali Karimi then Irish defenders will have nightmares before they play in Japan.

I hope Nawaf finally goes to Europe and shows the world what he can do there.

ps Is it true they call him The Hawk.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Yeah, he wouldn't be endearing himself to the supporters and players of Roda by kicking up a fuss over this. He should just sort out the satr al 3awra issue with the club and the players when he gets there.They will respect and understand it more if it's done like that. But I can understand Nawaf's position. It's shocking and incomprehensable to most Saudis who haven't lived overseas. I remember when I first came to England, I had a similar reaction the first time I went to the gym or the sports club. But many muslims have learnt to get by in western sports clubs. You wear swimming shorts, wait for the others to finish and have the place to yourself, or have your shower somewhere else, or... etc.. Not ideal, but it'll do.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Amo..

I can understand your thoughts.. but the fact that other muslims don't mind showering naked in front of other men is their opinion.. Or.. as Dossary said.. showering with a trunk on would really end this whole (rather unimportant) dilemma!!

As for the other requests.. these are impossible.. I can bet my .... (censored) :) that NO ONE would like to live in the same place as his mom and mom-in-law at the same time!! That's a war zone!! Guy's it's typical media techniques to add a few words here.. a few words there...

Anyway.. I have a rule.. I don't like to talk much about a transfer (especially in Saudi) until it's a certain deal.. cuz we know that there have been SO many loads of false deals just conjured up by the media...

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Meanwhile, leading Saudi club Al-Hilal have said they are not willing to sell Al-Temyat to Roda JC.

The Dutch side were reportedly set to offer £5 million for the attacking midfielder but Al-Hilal have pre-empted any offer by insisting he is not for sale.

"The leading honorary members of the club have strongly rejected the possible transfer of Nawaf Al-Temyat to Holland," said a spokesman.

-Onefootball

I thought they were going to decide on Saturday... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts