Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... involving how poor young-gun Jason Cloke's Grand Final dreams will be in tatters if he is rubbed out on Tuesday night.

So they f*cken should be! I know I've been harping on it but he took Tyson Edwards out, plain and simple - not only was Tyson's Grand Final dreams in tatters, but his Prelim was ruined and his nose is broken and he was left concussed.

Rub the thug out and we'll see him next year ...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Do you think this is a disturbing trend in that IMO star players are being targeted more than ever so that if you can't stop their game then you knock them out of the game

For example (and i have no idea how much coverage of Rugby league you get in the southern states) but RL's star player Andrew Johns of the Newcastle Knights was injured last week when he got knee'd in the back as part of a three man tackle when two men had already halted him momentum and put him on the ground (in other words it was totally unnecessary for the 3rd man to come in and help make the tackle, even if it was apparently accidental)

Ironically in the Sharks-St George Illawarra game on Saturday night, the same St George player who injured Andrew Johns also injured his brother Matthew and again the knees were involved IMO as he was lifting them as he went into the tackle and they impacted with Matty's shoulder. Matthew too is probably out for the rest of the season and that maybe the end of his career

BTW how come the AFL doesn't seem to have any kind of "sin bin" and "send off" system (or a card system although this sounds unpopular by the sounds of things). Doesn't that give players the license to get away with more than they wood in both Rugby codes and Soccer?

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
I dont think thats prevalent in the AFL andreas,

star players get targeted week in week out, or the wording is 'worked over' by the opposition but usually his teammates keep an eye on things and look out for him.......I dont really recall star players getting taken out with dirty tactics

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tigerTUFF said:
I dont think it was intentional and hes not a thug
He was never going to reach the ball and went for a roundhouse punch/spoil that was always swinging in towards Edwards - if he was aiming to purely spoil he wouldve chopped the arm.

The fact that he was smirking and smiling at Kane Johnson when he came in to remonstrate was a little bit tasteless considering ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts