Xtratime Community banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Mitritia (except when he begs for PKs)
I think I disagree with you here, at least for his performance today. He definitely tried, but he didn't do well. It could be Radoi's or his teammates' fault but very few achievements... if any.

Did Radoi give him a free role? And why was he our target man receiving high balls (that's not his fault, technically)? Missed a couple of easy passes.

Marin seemed to do alright, nothing special.

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
We have many half-players. Do some things well, and other terribly bad, even amateurish. That results in us being weak and vulnerable in all areas. Bancu is an example. He does some very good runs, has good technique, but finishes actions in a pathetic way.

Ianis and Puscas have regressed since the Euro. They look average right now, when they were our stars last summer
My god, Bancu's finishing... and his 'crossing' (3 Romos and 2 Austros and he passes to the Austro defender...). And his defending... Maybe that's why Mitrita was often behind Bancu even in more 'static' actions...

Ianis showed nothing in the past 2 games but he was the only guy who did anything vs Iceland.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Yeah, we give up too easily after a goal. The Iceland game wrecked us mentally and the Norway one didn't help. We didn't do too badly in the first half but then everything went against us...

Every opposing attack seemed like it could end in a goal in these 3 games. We have no safety. We desperately missed Chiriches, and the experience of Grigore.

The defensive midfield is a mess aswell. There's no way of playing at this level if you can't defend

·
Registered
70,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm not that pessimistic. Solutions are very clear, and will come. We'll probably built a good team but I don't know how deep it will be. We need a good squad of 20 players and not only 12 or 13.

Marin was a win tonight. Balasa did better than expected as RB. The attack failed totally. Austrians gave enough space to do something and we did nothing.

We're at the point that I'm starting to think that Ovidiu Popescu and Florin Tanase can help this team. We are at that point [facepalm]

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
I think we need to work on our tactical discipline, too. Today was a mess. None of Alibec, Mitrita and Maxim were where I'd expect. Sure it can destabilize their defense to play like this but given we hardly reached their box it mostly destabilized ours.

I think this was down to Bancu always pushing forward and Balasa never doing so but we didn't seem to have any chance in attacking positionally. Hence the clusterfuck after the goal.

·
General Iordanescu
29,125 Posts
Marin was a win tonight. Balasa did better than expected as RB. The attack failed totally. Austrians gave enough space to do something and we did nothing.
Honestly I think Balasa was our best player. Which isn't saying much...

·
Registered
70,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
With Coman on the left (in the form he was when he got injured) and Man on the right (in the form he is this year)...I don't know if we would have won tonight, but we would make the Austrians to suffer much more. I'm completely sure.
And they have something we lacked tonight: chemistry, 'debordare' capacity, speed and enough skills to create and score.

We have to recover Chiriches and Nedelcearu. Play with Marin as DM while there isn't something better (he needs help, Cicaldau is a man that can help him). Find a goalscorer (or two). And obviously play with our best wingers.

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
I think we need to work on our tactical discipline, too. Today was a mess. None of Alibec, Mitrita and Maxim were where I'd expect. Sure it can destabilize their defense to play like this but given we hardly reached their box it mostly destabilized ours.

I think this was down to Bancu always pushing forward and Balasa never doing so but we didn't seem to have any chance in attacking positionally. Hence the clusterfuck after the goal.
You cannot have tactical discipline when every game you change 6-7 players.

Marin wasn't outstanding, but was reliable and gave good passes.

I'm not pessimistic either, we can improve. The only position that worries me is the forwards. We don't have many solutions there.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Have we ever lost 3 games in a row? Ive never felt so depressed and ashamed, even if we are a bit unlucky with the whole situation for selections & the Alibec offside, etc..

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Have we ever lost 3 games in a row? Ive never felt so depressed and ashamed, even if we are a bit unlucky with the whole situation for selections & the Alibec offside, etc..

The problem with Nations league is that every game is demanding. Let alone the Euro playoff. Radoi's team would beat the kind of teams we used to have trouble with, and those kind of games would have helped the confidence. Against NIR we were unlucky, on top of the horrible pitch

These row of games were deadly to us. I hope there is a way to recover

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
With Coman on the left (in the form he was when he got injured) and Man on the right (in the form he is this year)...I don't know if we would have won tonight, but we would make the Austrians to suffer much more. I'm completely sure.
And they have something we lacked tonight: chemistry, 'debordare' capacity, speed and enough skills to create and score.

We have to recover Chiriches and Nedelcearu. Play with Marin as DM while there isn't something better (he needs help, Cicaldau is a man that can help him). Find a goalscorer (or two). And obviously play with our best wingers.
If Both Coman and Man are fit, what will we do in November?

We have a choice to make regarding the U21 and as things are looking we might end up empty handed. Nothing from NL and missing the U21 Euro

If Coman is fit, he won't have many games on him

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
I'd definitely favor the U21 because they need it and they can qualify to a major tournament.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I wish there was this sort of buzz in the Hungarian thread after 3 defeats.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Radoi won't give up:

"Ce să facem? Să uităm fotbalul modern și să ne întoarcem în timp? Tu vrei să sacrific spectacolul pentru puncte? Eu nu sunt de părerea asta."

I'm glad he doesn't give up. It gives me hope we can improve. I still trust him, I'm doubting if we have enough quality tough

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
Radoi won't give up:

"Ce să facem? Să uităm fotbalul modern și să ne întoarcem în timp? Tu vrei să sacrific spectacolul pentru puncte? Eu nu sunt de părerea asta."
That's the spirit. We must continue with him. Our NT will be built slowly but I'm confident we will have a good team in the future.

Depth will always be a problem for us but if we maintain the U21 rule and if we manage to improve Liga I, we'll certainly do better.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts