1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
70,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, 14 October. 21:45.
Ilie Oana stadium, Ploiesti

Can we get something from this?

Head to Head: 11 matches, 4 Romanian wins, 5 draws, 2 Austrian wins.

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
Radoi seemed afected after the game. I hope he can recover his confidence or else it's serious

Of course we could get something, we beat them away one month ago. But mentality is very important and we are missing that. IDK how is our physical shape either

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
Hanca and Grigore are out for the Austria game. More problems in defence...
I don't think Manea can play 3 games in one week

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
So, what big difference would everyone like to see in this game compared to our previous two matches?
Until Norway scored the team looked well, maybe if we resisted a bit things could have improved. Against NIR and Austria we saw good combinations, we need to recover that.

And be careful in defence. There's no point in having a good attack if we concede so easily

·
General Iordanescu
29,145 Posts
I think Austria won't be so dangerous in attack as Norway was. But our defense is basically without experience at this level... It will be a slog and we don't even know who's in a decent shape now. I'd take a draw right now.

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
I think Austria won't be so dangerous in attack as Norway was. But our defense is basically without experience at this level... It will be a slog and we don't even know who's in a decent shape now. I'd take a draw right now.
Yeah, even when it doesn't help for the standings, in this state a draw is ok

·
Registered
70,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Until Norway scored the team looked well
Actually the game ended there. Big defeats sometimes come for the moment when the first goal is scored. Norway improved a lot once they were up in the score, and we did the opposite.

We conceded that goal in a stupid way btw. Puscas had the ball and it was a promising attack for us. He went to the flag in the corner (why?) and he lost easily the ball, Norway launched a fast attack and everything was over.
Puscas, if you don't know what to do with ball: shoot. Don't let such a rival to catch us in a counter.

That first goal was absolutely KEY.

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
Actually the game ended there. Big defeats sometimes come for the moment when the first goal is scored. Norway improved a lot once they were up in the score, and we did the opposite.

We conceded that goal in a stupid way btw. Puscas had the ball and it was a promising attack for us. He went to the flag in the corner (why?) and he lost easily the ball, Norway launched a fast attack and everything was over.
Puscas, if you don't know what to do with ball: shoot. Don't let such a rival to catch us in a counter.

That first goal was absolutely KEY.

That is a great observation. I think Radoi worked hard on the confidence of the players, had a plan, looked well, but after that goal the Iceland defeat came back and the players lost a fragile confidence

Having Haaland as rival and not trusting your own defence has a psychological impact aswell

·
Registered
705 Posts
In a 4231 tactics, Radoi could play on the left flank with Camora and Bancu (basically a midfielder).. But he want 433, so...Im not very confident if we could draw at least :(

·
General Iordanescu
29,145 Posts
Tatarusanu -- Balasa, Burca, Tosca, Bancu -- Maxim, Marin, Stanciu -- Deac, Alibec, Mitrita

Radoi goes on the offensive.

Good call with Balasa RB, Rumaniac

One of Austria's back-up goalies is Siebenhandl. Definitely wouldn't want to play against a 7-handed goalkeeper myself.

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
Haha seven hands 😁. Might come handy for Tata...

I guess Radoi tries to repeat the team that played last time against Austria. Mitrita similar role to Coman, Marin replacing Cretu.

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
Much better first half. We created many chances, we should have scored from one of those. When we create them, our problems to finish show up..

They had clear chances aswell. If they score it will be a big blow for the players motivation...

·
Registered
16,753 Posts
If Radoi calls Deac again (let alone start him) he'll be Radoi's Florescu/Cocis.

Man we know must be called. We can't know if Radoi planned to call him this time. But I'm sure he'd make a difference.

Other options are less encouraging. Maybe Sorescu, Hanca and Ivan

1 - 20 of 58 Posts