Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
70,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
But hey at least the senior NT isn't wasting time, right?

We will miss pot 2 and have no chance to reach the WC...
There isn't an abysmal difference between pot 2 and 3. While pot 2 has some quality teams more, all depends of the luck of the draw at the end.

·
General Iordanescu
29,332 Posts
There isn't an abysmal difference between pot 2 and 3. While pot 2 has some quality teams more, all depends of the luck of the draw at the end.
Well that's true, and if NIR dominates us, we can even be in Pot 0 and not qualify

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
It's incredible what happens at the NT. We regress from Radoi's first games. We are capable of being dominated by anyone, of looking bad against Liga 3 players...

It seems no coach is able to solve this mess. It broke Radoi in 5 games

·
Registered
25,533 Posts
But hey at least the senior NT isn't wasting time, right?
In football you have to be brave and take your chances. That's what resulted in Bicfalvi's goal. I can understand the players and the coach being afraid. What I can't understand are fans that are total cowards. Fans who are OK with anti-football, with parking the bus in the net and wasting time. These same cowards put pressure on the players and the result is well known. We have to stop being afraid. We either play football or we don't.

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
In football you have to be brave and take your chances. That's what resulted in Bicfalvi's goal. I can understand the players and the coach being afraid. What I can't understand are fans that are total cowards. Fans who are OK with anti-football, with parking the bus in the net and wasting time. These same cowards put pressure on the players and the result is well known. We have to stop being afraid. We either play football or we don't.

I'm not sure what's your point. Our problems are way beyond being offensive or not. Our coaches seem to loose their mind on the NT. Radoi was offensive when he needed to be cautious and was defensive when he needed to attack. Today he decided to attack on the last 20 minutes, but his choices were so bad that we could have lost, even when a draw was enough.

·
Registered
70,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We wasted 70% of the match playing with a stupid tactic against these guys.

If we have to learn something from these November matches is that the system with 5 defenders (because they are 5 defenders, not 3) is not really useful. You defend more, but not better. And you attack less and worse.

Tosca off and Eric in (in THAT position) was a good move. But it had to be the first change.

·
General Iordanescu
29,332 Posts
There's a difference in being cowardly and being smart. If only a win gets you to your goals, not attacking is being cowardly. If there's no difference between a draw and a win, why bother? The fans and media will only attack you anyway.

And if you're referring to yesterday (maybe you're talking in general, in which case ignore this comment)... We did not park the bus at all. Have you watched the match?

·
General Iordanescu
29,332 Posts
We wasted 70% of the match playing with a stupid tactic against these guys.

If we have to learn something from these November matches is that the system with 5 defenders (because they are 5 defenders, not 3) is not really useful. You defend more, but not better. And you attack less and worse.
5-4-1 an epic failure, indeed.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts