1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
69,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, 7 September. 21:45.

Worthersee stadium, Klagenfurt.

Squad:

Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (Lyon, 68/0), Florin Niță (Sparta Praga, 2/0), David Lazar (Astra, 0/0)

Fundași: Ionuț Nedelcearu (FC Ufa, 10/0), Vlad Chiricheș (Sassuolo, 58/0), Alin Toșca (Gaziantep FK, 19/0), Dragoș Grigore (Ludogorets, 37/0), Andrei Burcă (CFR Cluj, 0/0), Sergiu Hanca (KS Cracovia, 5/0), Nicușor Bancu (Universitatea Craiova, 14/0), Florin Ștefan (Sepsi OSK, 1/0)

Mijlocași: Alexandru Crețu (NK Maribor, 1/0), Dan Nistor (Universitatea Craiova, 4/0), Alexandru Maxim (Gaziantep FK, 38/3), Nicolae Stanciu (Slavia Praga, 38/10), Alexandru Cicâldău (Universitatea Craiova, 7/0), Ianis Hagi (Rangers, 11/0), Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj, 23/4)

Atacanți: Gabriel Iancu (FC Viitorul, 0/0), Florinel Coman (FCSB, 3/0), Denis Alibec (Astra, 11/1), George Pușcaș (Reading, 15/7), Sergiu Buș (FCSB, 0/0)

Head to Head: 3 Romanian wins, 5 draws, 2 Austrian wins.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
It's the same stadium where we lost 2:1 against them. They are clearly favourites but I'm looking forward how we'll do on a proper field and against a strong team with Radoi.

·
General Iordanescu
28,953 Posts
It'll be interesting to see. I don't think we'll be a very strong opposition to Austria but I'd like to see three things: determination, good collaboration, passing and... a positive result, too, if possible.

I don't know what system Radoi wants to use. We have no one on the right wing except Deac... But since I only got one player wrong last time, let me try.

Tata -- Burca, Nedelcearu, Chiriches, Stefan -- Stanciu, Cretu, Maxim -- Deac, Puscas, Coman

Alibec, Hagi and Cicaldau to come in as subs.

Personally I wouldn't mind sticking to the 4-4-2 diamond. It's kinda retro... and I like retro from a time when we were more than decent.

·
Registered
16,594 Posts
It'll be interesting to see. I don't think we'll be a very strong opposition to Austria but I'd like to see three things: determination, good collaboration, passing and... a positive result, too, if possible.

I don't know what system Radoi wants to use. We have no one on the right wing except Deac... But since I only got one player wrong last time, let me try.

Tata -- Burca, Nedelcearu, Chiriches, Stefan -- Stanciu, Cretu, Maxim -- Deac, Puscas, Coman

Alibec, Hagi and Cicaldau to come in as subs.

Personally I wouldn't mind sticking to the 4-4-2 diamond. It's kinda retro... and I like retro from a time when we were more than decent.

I'd like Coman to get his chance. Ianis could play more to the right and it would work. Or Maxim, and Cicaldau in mifield. No Deac please. He is too old and slow to face a team of Bundesliga players

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
I read in the austrian media that Marica criticized Radoi for playing too offensively...I don't see how that was a problem against NIR considering they created like 1,5 chances in the whole game....

·
Registered
69,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read in the austrian media that Marica criticized Radoi for playing too offensively...I don't see how that was a problem against NIR considering they created like 1,5 chances in the whole game....
Not only Marica. Part of the press and public opinion are already against him. Pressure and negativity will grow with a defeat in Austria.
At least Gica Popescu said we played well and that the pitch damaged us. It's important that big names show a bit of support too.

In this COVID period (with closed doors), the NT should play in good pitchs and not necessarily in big stadiums. For example the Viitorul stadium uses to have a good pitch; that would have been a good place. Spain is gonna play against Ukraine in Real Madrid training ground lol. It doesn't really matter since fans can't enter.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Yeah very good point with the fields, i thought the same....there have to be some good football fields in Romania, it can't be that hard...

The stupidity of media and people who have no clue whatsoever shows everyday in the world....it's especially sad from an ex player like Marica who should know better but I wouldn't be surprised if he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when i think about his career decisions...

·
Registered
923 Posts
It's the same stadium where we lost 2:1 against them. They are clearly favourites but I'm looking forward how we'll do on a proper field and against a strong team with Radoi.
I believe Cristi Tanase scored in that match , was his first NT goal

·
Registered
16,594 Posts
Not only Marica. Part of the press and public opinion are already against him. Pressure and negativity will grow with a defeat in Austria.
At least Gica Popescu said we played well and that the pitch damaged us. It's important that big names show a bit of support too.
Same old, same old. If he wins, everything is fantastic, if he looses, he is the worst

Sadly it's hard without results on the NT. And the adversity is huge even if you do well. Clearly Radoi know how to be a good coach, but that doesn't mean he'll do great from the beginning. We got some new players that can get us to a better level but they are still young and we still have some weak spots

If there isn't patience, things are gonna get ugly, cause after Radoi, I think it'll be Petrescu's time...

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Would be weird to me not starting with Alibec after his performance. Puscas is a lot less involved in the game (he's more or less just there to finish chances) and we gonna have the ball less than against NIR.

·
General Iordanescu
28,953 Posts
ROMÂNIA (4-4-1-1): Tătărușanu - Hanca, Chiricheș, Toșca, Bancu - Deac, Stanciu, Cicâldău, Fl. Coman - Alibec - Pușcaș

This is GSP's team

·
Registered
69,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd buy the Digi one, but with Coman starter as LW and Maxim on the right.

·
General Iordanescu
28,953 Posts
Telekomsport: România: Tătăruşanu - Hanca, Chiricheş, Dr. Grigore, Bancu - Cicâldău, Creţu - Deac, Stanciu, Maxim - Puşcaş

No one knows

·
General Iordanescu
28,953 Posts
Tata - Burca, Chiri, Grigore, Bancu -- Maxim, Cretu, Stanciu -- Deac, Alibec, Coman

4-3-3 as I thought, with Deac...

1 - 20 of 100 Posts