Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what friendlies we will be playing this year. I know Isreal is coming up but when is that?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My birthday was also close to the Dinamo - Heerenveen game and the Stuttgart game. :scream:

As for the national team, I just don't see a future using this 3-5-2. I think it has too many weaknesses and although the new formation failed against Ireland, it is time to change something.

The results so far have been better than the play!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
the play hasn't been bad at all. The Hungary game we killed them, the Sweden game was also very good as were long stretches of the Bulgaria game...

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We played against a 10 man Hungary and created a handful of chances. Two of the goals were lucky.

Against Sweden we had one shot on target and against Bulgaria we fell apart and the formation got totally exposed.

Not to mention that the friendlies have been disasters which don't mean anything but still.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Against Hungary we beat them 3-0 fair and square, we kept midfield possesion, were dangerous on the attack and kept control throughout. It's difficult to beat a team 3-0 when they are playing a bunker like that. They had 10 men behind the ball at all times. Lucky? heck, if they didn't get a red card the score would have been the same, or bigger.

Against Sweden we came away playing compact, neat football. For the most part we defended well as a team, took care of their attacks and struck when it counted. Have you seen this game? It was one of the better away performances from our team since 1993, and I've got the Denmark-Cro game where Boban and co got played off the park.

why so negative?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
He's negative because most BBB are these days....:D

A lot of Croats here in Vancouver are predicting we fcuk up against Iceland in qualifiers.... When they start talking like that it makes me nervous.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
against Bulgaria we did get hammered in the second, but in the first we could have gone 3-0 up because we created the better chances, kept them away from the ball and kept them far from goal for the most part.

I don't like the negativity surrounding our good games. There's no way you can say the 3 qualifiers fo far were bad...no way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The game against Israel doesnt even count for ranking points, i recall reading we were going to play against Albania?

Also, my birthday was the day before Croatia-Switzerland at Euro :wth:

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ero said:
against Bulgaria we did get hammered in the second, but in the first we could have gone 3-0 up because we created the better chances, kept them away from the ball and kept them far from goal for the most part.
In the first half they hit the post, had a goal wrongly dissallowed and had another chance basically cleared off the line.

I am not saying the games so far were all bad, I just think they were not as great as people are making out and that the results are better than the play.. I suppose it is better like that than the other way around.

However, Cico seems like he doesn't know what he wants. After Ireland he said he will stick to the new formation and then two months later out of nowhere says that he will go back to the old one. What is all that about?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts