Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow 7 people! Thats a lot of help!

bear in mind I am sure-Jardel, and maybe Laureano- will want to help so we can have 9 people workign together as a team.
ok..now lets see...how should we divide up the chores....

first I would like us to have the following sections for the site:

1. Plantel-Duh!--Me and Slb or Paulo
2. News--Slb-Paulo-RedEagle
3. History--Ola, Razor
4. Statistics--B4EVA, Ola
5. Youth/B Squad-Razor,RedEagle
6. Links-Me, Ola, Razor
7. Schedule-Slb/B4EVA
8. Pics--Me
9. Downloads--I'll see what I can do
10. About (bio's on all of us)--Everyone submits
11. Polls--Me

if you could think of anything else..tell me

I will buy a .com address for us.
The rules are simple.
1. no bickering. Lets not forget that this is a NATIONAL TEAM effort, not a club effort. So stuff may not be written to irk others.
2. I will be putting a button linking the national team site to mine, Razors and portuguessoccer.com, if anyone knows or is willing to create a Sporting site I will put as well.
3. No mention of the league throughout the site.
4. Work together as a team.
5. Download ICQ (www.icq.com) it makes everything a lot easier communication wise via the net. my ICQ # is 27772062 and my handle is Tripeiro.

sounds good? Remember I will get cracking on this only after May 1st (final exam).

Questions?Problems? lemme know!

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more thing. If you are okay with the way I delegated the chores....the important thing here is for us to work together. That means we have to exchange emails with each other. and if and when (I hope) you get ICQ to contact each other.

mine is:
[email protected]fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Great job pulling this all together, Marco!

Ola - if you haven't gotten an e-mail from Marco yet, I'm looking for your e-mail address. I've got RedEagle's already. Thanks!

To all: you can reach me at [email protected]

PS - daeone - how's the Sporting site coming along?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have OLA's email anymore.....I had to format my hard disk because my PC got a virus.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be the news section :)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
type the colon key, then the right parenthesees key.

:)

FORCA BENFICA!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
That's a great question. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the site would be in English. Is that wrong? I just figured that if people wanted a Portuguese site, that they would go to www.fpf.pt.

Speaking of websites, a quick check shows the following domain names available as .com, .net or .org:

portugalnationalteam.com
nationalseleccao.com
portuguesefutebol.com
forcaportugal.com
portuguesenationalteam.com

..and portuguesesoccer.net or .org (.com is taken). I know we all hate "soccer" as a term for futebol, but if the site is in English, it would be the most likely domain people would try if they were looking for a site on the Portuguese National Futebol Team.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Sorry guys its not my business but can I make 2 points ? (as I will be for sure visiting this site, like I visit tons of other sites )

1. Please make it in English, it will serve more people and besides portuguese people know English and if not then there are other sites with portuguese lang., I already have trouble navigating through the official Benfica site.. I go there click on the most likely option or report and translate the paragraphs using Altavista or dictionary.com , Its a pain in the neck.. Please guys I am not forcing it, its up to you but consider this option..

2. Its not my biz too but I like forcaportugal.com, the others are long and people can easily mistype them..

Thanks again guys and hope you put together the best site on the web.. :)

Good luck..

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read and speak portuguese well but my writing is terrible, awful horrible etc...if anyone wants to make it in Portuguese no prob..I have no problem with that...but the site will launch in english. We can add Portuguese later and then I was thinking of French ( I live in French Canada). As for the domain name...we can vote for the name from the list Razor gave us but add the name SEMPREPORTUGAL.COM.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Great Idea and Good luck putting this site together.

I vote for "forcaportugal.com" myself.

Also, I suggest maybe have a question of the week, and have 2 people write opposing arguments on the subject, i.e. "Should Sa Pinto be starting?"

Though I am not that knowledgable when it comes to building websites, I would love to submit any sort of written articles if you need any.

If so, you can reach me at [email protected]

L

·
0 Posts
Well if you want to make it in Portuguese, which i don't recommend, although maybe a section , or something on the homepage that you can choose from, like Portuguese, English, French, etc.
As far as the Portuguese I am a Portuguese language major at Rutgers University, so I might be of some help.
OK, yeah really whaT DID HAPPEN TO THAT PORTUGueSE fans site ? , i used to thing it was great, but the guy never updated it.

J

·
0 Posts
Well i was wondering that we could also have a forum or an Mirc room.just an idea.or even a mailing list,i liked that idea of a discussion,sorry i am only posting now i was on holidays.XxmasterxXwould also like 2 help trust me.How bout a forum (just a idea)

Forca portugal is my vote.

VIVA PORTUGAL WOULDN'T B BAD.

PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL

------------------
VIVA O PORTO
VIVA O JARDEL
VIVA O DECO
VIVA O BAIA
VIVA O P.D.C.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Seems I also missed a lot while disconnected.
It's a great idea! If you need help with some Portuguese texts I can also lend a hand.
As for the name forcaportugal it seems good, although forca in Portuguese means hang... :)
But no Ç's in the net, so maybe it's the best. Short and simple.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts