Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 14605 Posts

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure we should make a thread where we can put all the friendlies, therefore not to interfere with the WC thread. This thread doesn't have to be sticky, that way Andrija doesn't have to complain about there be too many threads ;)

Anyways, Macedonia is the first game with Djukic in charge. Couple new faces in the squad that he announced. Deki won't be playing because of injury, so, lets see what our midfield can do without him. I'm also guessing Vidic will be named captain?

I'm curious to see who gets a chance. I'd like to see Kahriman, Kacar, Smiljanic, Sulejmani and Lazovic all get some time. I'm also curious to see what Rnic, Ninkov, Babovic and Despotovic can do.

Here's my starting-11 keeping in mind that it's a friendly:

- KAHRIMAN -
RUKAVINA - RNIC - VIDIC - DRAGUTINOVIC
- SMILJANIC - KOVACEVIC - KUZMANOVIC -
- JANKOVIC/KRASIC -
- LAZOVIC - ZIGIC -​

2ND HALF:

- KAHRIMAN -
NINKOV - RNIC - KACAR - D.TOSIC -
- JANKOVIC/KRASIC - SMILJANIC - KUZMANOVIC - Z.TOSIC
- SULEJMANI -
- JOVANOVIC -​

I figure we rest Ivanovic as he's not entirely fit yet, same goes with one of Jankovic or Krasic.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Djukic goes with the strongest line-up:

- KAHRIMAN -
RUKAVINA - IVANOVIC - VIDIC - DRAGUTINOVIC
JANKOVIC/KRASIC - KOVACEVIC - KUZMANOVIC - KRASIC/Z.TOSIC
- LAZOVIC - ZIGIC -​

2ND HALF:

- KAHRIMAN -
NINKOV - RNIC - KACAR - DRAGUTINOVIC
JANKOVIC/KRASIC - SMILJANIC - KOVACEVIC - KUZMANOVIC - SULEJMANI
- ZIGIC -​

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
First test in Macedonia

Serbia friendly match debut for boss Djukic

Serbia’s first match under new manager Miroslav Djukic will be a friendly international played in Skopje against hosts Macedonia on Wednesday, 5pm CET. The recently-appointed former Partizan coach is to begin a new era of Serbian football and try and assemble a generation of players, whose main goal will be to try and ensure Serbia’s place at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The Eagles will be without Branislav Ivanovic for the friendly at Macedonia (thigh muscle strain) and skipper Dejan Stankovic.

Miroslav Djukic claims the nation’s first game of 2008 will come as something more than a mere friendly international.

“We’ll need to give our best in order to beat Macedonia, as this is surely one of our major goals and a first step. Serbia will need to learn how to play a smart and calculated game regardless of the importance of a given match. Our goal is to start forming the team’s shape and then work on it along the way. I already know the starting XI, but they don’t make up the entire team. I’m well aware of the abilities of the majority of players and I still want to test the others some more that’s why it’s good to have this early game in February,” says Djukic.

In his preparation for his debut as the national team coach, Djukic has reviewed the tapes of Macedonia’s games against Croatia and England and confirms the team’s greatest strength is a tight collective game.

“Macedonia are entering a second campaign under the same coach – Srecko Katanec – and they look like a well-balanced side. Goran Pandev is a terrific left-footed individual, but is only one of the links in Macedonia’s chain. On the other hand, my players and myself have begun a positive cooperation and I believe we’ll get to the style of play I’ve been asking of my players,” says Djukic. Djukic then confirms he has been in contact with his predecessor – Spaniard Javier Clemente.

“He helped me a lot with his advising. You could also see that the team I named doesn’t significantly differ from the one he opted for and I’m surely going to continue his own approach to football.”
Nemanja Vidic, one of Serbia’s most experienced players, says it will be of great use for his team to utilize all available international friendly matches in order to put together the team’s game.

“Serbia made a number of mistakes throughout the previous qualifying campaigns, but we were also short of luck and failed to qualify for the Euro 2008. Now we need to set things straight and eradicate the shortcomings this national team used to have and try to reach the South Africa World Cup. We’re still getting to know each other and that’s why every game is crucial in this period of team-forming. Serbia are a young team and the fact that Dejan Stankovic, Ivica Dragutinovic and myself are the oldest players on the team speaks volumes about it.”

http://www.blic.co.yu/sports.php?id=1524

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I hope Djukic doesn't give N. Kovacevic a big role. He's an average player and I'd much rather see Smiljanic there.

Has anyone here seen Kovacevic take a strong shot on goal (not flying over the goal or weak shit an elderly women could catch) or make a great pass to open things up? The guy has been getting progressively worse with the NT, where he started off brightly, but has been amongst our worst players in the last few qualifying games.

I don't like playing a box to box midfielder like Kuzmanovic with a offensively incapable player like Kovacevic. Play Smiljanic who can help Kuzmanovic build up play. Smiljanic may be injured but I'd rather play Kuzmanovic as a DM in that case than Kovacevic.

First Half
Kahriman
Rukavina-Vidic-Dragutinovic-D.Tosic
Smiljanic-Kuzmanovic
Krasic------------Sulejmani
Zigic-Lazovic

Second Half
R. Ilic
Ninkov-Vidic-Dragutinovic-D. Tosic
Kacar-Kuzmanovic
Babovic-Jankovic-Z. Tosic
Zigic
I don't care about playing players like Rnic, Jovanovic, Despotovic, I already know they shouldn't be on the NT.​

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
My starting line-up:​
KAHRIMAN
RUKAVINA - IVANOVIC - VIDIC - DRAGO (C)
JANKOVIC - LOLA - KUZMANOVIC - SULEJMANI
LAZOVIC - ZIGIC​

I would use Gojko Kačar in central midfield if Milan Smiljanić isn't fit enough to play.

Branislav Ivanović has to get into shape because he's soon to make his debut for Chelsea, this is a very good chance for him to use some time and play.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Well Smiljanic is obviously no mystery to Djukic after coaching him in the U21s and at Partizan. He played a major role on both squads, and I don't see why Djukic will leave him out of a starting spot. I just hope that Sulejmani gets a chance to showcase his talent.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
The game will be available on RTS 2 and BWIN's website for everyone besides US and Italian residents.

So, for everyone who's from the USA, tune in early if you want to see this game as the stream to RTS 2 often gets overcrowded fast.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Zoric what is happening with that Oaza link, will that be working when the game kicks off?

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
I've got no clue to be honest.

Just wait and tune in a couple of minutes before the game, or try all the time so you're guaranteed a spot.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I'm not taking the chance with the Oaza feed. I've had RTS2 running since 7:00am (EST) just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Can anyone give me the RTS2 stream link?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Thanks Sarma :)

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Just over an hour away now momci, what are you hoping for from the game?

All I want to see is us play some good football for a change and create chances rather then scrape through like always.

I think we will win 2-1

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
I want the team to play some decent football.

Also, I'm curious about how Sulejmani will fit in if he gets a chance to play.

I don't really care about the result, but I guess it's important to start of well for Djuka.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
vuceeh said:
Just over an hour away now momci, what are you hoping for from the game?

All I want to see is us play some good football for a change and create chances rather then scrape through like always.

I think we will win 2-1

As long as we're playing good football and win. Personally, I think having two up front is important - I'm tired of seeing Zigic as a lone striker.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This is the reason I'm watching this game. I'm curious to see how we will perform with Djukic as coach. That being said, i don't have high expectations at all because after all this is the first game under him so i wouldn't get too excited guys or get too pissed off if we don't play well. We will get a better picture of where we stand after 2 or 3 friendlies under our belt. Players are going to be coming and going and tactics are going to change so we'll see how all that works out but for now i wouldn't expect too much from this game.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Babovic hmmm.. I'd like to see what he can do actually, Sulejmani to come in the second half to replace him. Good to see Zigic and Lazovic.

1 - 20 of 14605 Posts