Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Spain there is a popular tendency in the supporters,which is the preponderance of the clubs over the spanish national team.I mean that for a Spanish supporter a victory of his favourite team is preferable to a victory of Spain.The journalists here are always saying and writing that while this "feeling" don´t change,Spain won´t win any championship.
My point of view is very clear.The main reason of this tendency is political.Many people in Pais Vasco(Ath.Bilbao,R.Sociedad...) and Catalonia(Barcelona,Espanyol...) has ideas of independence,and this "philosofy of life" has been extended to other clubs like R.Madrid,Deportivo,Valencia or Betis for example.So there is a common sensation that the national unity don´t exist.You can visit the spanish forums in Xtratime and you will verify that the majority of fans haven´t the national team of Spain in their favourite teams...I could say that everyone.

In Romania,and in my humble opinion,the things are different.I can read your posts and I have the sensation that your first team is always Romania.Maybe I am wrong,so I would like to know your opinions about this subject.
I can propose this question:
-Do you prefer a victory of your favourite team(Steaua,Dinamo,Rapid...) against Real Madrid or a victory of Romania against France in a World Cup???

I don´t know if the authentic intention of this thread is clear(my English is :fero: ) but your opinions will be interesting for me ;)

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
personaly I prefer Romania above any other team in Romania (Steau is my favo, but I am not that close to the team)

In Belgium, my homecountry, it's the opposite: Anderlecht above the Red Devils (Belgian NT) ... without any doubt !!!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I would rather have Romania get to theWorld Cup finals or even semi-finals rather then seeing a Romanian team win the Champion's league. Don't get me wrong, when Steaua won it in 96 it was fantastic, but when Romania got to the quarterfinals in 94, the whole nation was on their feet. Imagine what would happen if they get to the finals or if they ever win it. I don't think you'll see anyone sleeping in Romania for 30 days straight...

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
hahaha good one David, but you know damn well that Farul doesn't even have the chance to make the CL. While Romania can atleast play in the same tournment as France ;)

·
Registered
70,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the things are very clear.The Romanian supporters prefer Romania to their favourites clubs...:D Why??? Because Romania is more competitive than the clubs.I mean,it´s easier that Romania win against France than Steaua(for example) win Real Madrid or Bayern Munich...

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
GICA said:
So the things are very clear.The Romanian supporters prefer Romania to their favourites clubs...:D Why??? Because Romania is more competitive than the clubs.I mean,it´s easier that Romania win against France than Steaua(for example) win Real Madrid or Bayern Munich...

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's true, but it's more then simple probability. I would say that the NT unites all Romanians across the country (and all Romanians across the world!).

·
Registered
17,040 Posts
I prefer a victory of Romania, specially if it is important, to a victory of My club, River Plate. It just makes me happy to see Romania win. If it was a world cup even more, because a lot of injustice would compensated(all the time Romania has been underestimated)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Romania is a a more united country than Spain, from many points of view, starting from the language. In Spain, there are people speaking Catalan, some Basque, and of course Spanish, while in Romania we have the same culture and language.
Actually, Romanian is the most unitary Latin language. It only has 3 dialects,Aromanian which is maybe a language of its own, and two more dialects, spoken outside the country, one is in Yugoslavia and the other one in Croatia, i think. Even from an ethnic point of view we are united, because there are only Romanians, Hungaryans, Gypsies but only the Hungaryans might pretend some independence or autonomy, while in Spain there are many groups. For example, the Basque, which claim not to be Indo-European, but previous inhabitants of Europe.

Maybe there is a bit of nationalist feeling in soccer, for example "Oltenia vs. the rest", "Transilvania vs. the rest", "Bucharest is the best" etc. But in the moment their favourite players cannot do a 5 meter pass, when they miss from 3 meters away from the goal, or when they make a nice, relaxed BLAT, the supporters can only realise that there is one team: ROMANIA.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
One victory for Romania even against a small team means more to me then my beloved Dortmund winning the German championship. Keep in mind that I really love Dortmund and am extatic about the championship.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts