Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone a follower of the NBL? Who do you support? The Wildcats are trying for their 21st consecutive play-off series this season. The NBL is not what it used to be but there is still some decent basketball around at times. When it lost it's free to air coverage it was a blow.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
yeah i stopped following it then, but after the tigers won last season, im back on, plus now i have foxtel in my room!hehe
I play, and have since ive been 8-9, Soccer and Basketball my two loves

Dragon play NZ tonight

GO TIGERS!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Not a huge basketball fan myself, but i like to see the 36'ers do well. They're just about broke these days, there was rumour that a consortium led by a lot of the AUFC big-wigs was going to try and buy them out and fly the two teams under the same banner but that never went anywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the NBL it really needs Free To Air Games, i mean why doesnt one of the FTA stations pick it up?, i mean how bad is the sport, to me its still very exciting and i'm a Sydney Kid through and through so go the KINGS.

I remember during the 90's when i was in school the NBL was going very well Sydney Kings had average crowds of like 10,000 at games what has happened:(.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I remember those days too BossBray! As far as i recall it was the second best league in the World back then, i was a massive Giants fan (D-Mac was a legend). I watched the extended highlights of the Wollongong (do they still play at "the snakepit"?) Dragons game and it looked ok. I just couldn't believe Stephanie was the host

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Why did she leave SBS? Btw I heard they are throwing out Toyota World Sports after the WC yet I see its still going on..

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Wasn't she going out with Simon Hill? Maybe after he left there was a bit of tension around SBS, that crew seem to be really juvenile so it wouldn't surprise me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts