Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this on the sky sports page! :(

Aston Villa are planning an audacious £10 million bid for Manchester United striker Andy Cole.

John Gregory is reported to have asked chairman Doug Ellis for the funds to finance the move, which would test Alex Ferguson's vow to keep his squad together to the limit.

Cole, 28, is expected to be the first big name out of Old Trafford following the Red Devils record breaking purchase of Ruud van Nistelrooy Gregory wants to have a go at luring him to Villa Park having failed in a £15M bid for van Nistelrooy himself.

The forward-thinking Villa manager has admired Cole for a long time and made a move for him during the £12.6 million sale of Dwight Yorke to Old Trafford two seasons ago.

Cole has been dissatisfied with his recent demotions to the substitute's bench and a row with Alex Ferguson after the Real Madrid game has fuelled speculation that his United future could be in doubt .

------------------
WESF

E

·
0 Posts
I have also heard that rumour....

Stay away Cole...

He needs about 20 chances before scoring one.

Lets go for someone younger......

A TALENT...something Villa seem to be afraid to go for. If he isnt proven, then we wont pay (remember Keane)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Cole is a good player and some of his goals this season show this. He wouldn't perform in Villa though and the linking of Dublin, Merson, Carbone and......Vassell should be the plan next year.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Vassell was getting really good before he broke his ankle!!

As for Andy Cole, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

I still cry when I see Keane scoring so many for Coventry!! Why oh Why JG?????? Imagine how good we would be with him leading the line!

------------------
WESF

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Guess he didn't want another striker - he rates Joachim very highly (I don't think you share his sentiments though).
Abour Darius, I saw him when he got Villa through in the Uefa cup and thought he would be the next Paul McGregor, you know score a few simple goals and then fade in to obscurity. Then I saw him play in the England U21 and he really impressed me.
Have you found out about Gomes cos he is really good?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I checked the sky sports website...normally good for news but nothing...where did you hear about this???

Yeah, I've Vassell a few times....he's good...I hope he can come back from injury!

As for JJ the less said the better :(

------------------
WESF

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It was in the papers about two weeks ago. Probably nonsence but the way they were talking about it it was a done deal!!
Excellent player if you can get him.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess it is nonsense...as all rumours are that connect Villa to a good player....I'm in a pessimistic mood tonight!

As for Gomes, I don't anything about him! So if he does sign, info would be a nice thing! :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Here is another rumor: Belgian striker Toni Brogo is coming to Villa Park.

He plays at a some club called Westerlo and has already scored 26 goals.

Is he good? He's a sub in the Belgian national team an makes a good impression, but I don't thing you can compare him with Luc Nilis.

The rumor says there already have been meetings between his agent and Aston Villa.

He won't be expensive ( 3.000.000 US$).

Source Belgian TV.(VRT)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well sounds like Villa...buy someone who isn't going to shake the EPL up too much or cost a lot money! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts