Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with Narentino being barred ? hes a real fun character to have around.....I hope the admins have a good enough reason to bar him coz this really looks shocking....all Naren does is jibe people but its all in good humour isint it ? :confused:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
I second that.
I had a couple of dispute with the guy but i have to admit
he is funny and a good guy ineed.
Every forum needs ppl like him around
its makes it more unique, if everybody just
measures their words before posting
it will become
a damn boring place.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Well the guy is just a fun poster, guys get this forum too serious, as I said before I had no problems with him at the inter forum, and sure if real madrid fans dont like him barred him from the real madrid forum, but not from the whole XT

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
He got a post reported at the Inter forum but when I saw the post I thought that it was not a big deal if you can take it lightly. Someone must have taken it too serious. I did warn him, but I dont know the rest of the story on how he got barred.

He's a good to have around poster, he jokes around but never too excessive. So I just think that we should give the guy a chance? I mean why not? Everybody makes mistakes right?

Please think the decision of barring him because he is one of the almost extinct Fiorentina supporter in this forum, we dont want Fio forum becomes a dead forum :tongue: . Anyway it's up to the upper eccheleon of XT management to decide, he got my recommendation to post again though ;)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
He has gotten several warnings about several of his posts and actions during the last months. He just kept on breaking the rules, and in the end we had no other option but to bar him from Xtratime.

He is barred for one week, and will be allowed to return after that.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
It's about respect

we all have our opinions and even though we might not agree the simple principal of respect must exist!

any derogotorty remarks to one's race, religion or creed can not and should not ever be tolerated.

As Orange has out line he has been given every opportunity and has been afforded every opportunity to police his own behavior.

The guidlines of XT are very explicit to the conduct of it's members and no one is above those simple rules. So people regardless of your affection for narentino, remember this he is not a martyr but a victim of his own misguided adventures.

I might also point out that his ban is only a week which is a very lenient suspension for behavior that is disruptive.

and finally, maybe those of you who claim him as a friend have a greater responsibility to keep such a lose cannon as Narentino in check with the rules of XT. If not, than do not blame administration team for doing the dirty work that goes along with their responsibility.

If these simple rules are not to be govern than I will resign my post as FM because at that point XT will lose that which has made us a family.

Che

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
A weeks fair enough if he crossed the line...I liked the fella...:D

Rules are rules I guess...lets hope he tones down a bit after his return...I'm sure he loves XT too much to cross the line again. :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yes, the action was to bar him because he was already warned several times during a rather short period of time (within 2 months, at least 3 incidents in specific forums). And the bar is meant for him to be instropective about his posts in the forums concerned :)

He can be a very nice guy and also friendly in several forums, or just mildy provocative in others, so those who only come across him in those forums may feel surprised and puzzled. However, if you try to take a look at the forums in which his behavior was derigatory and insulting, you may understand the reasons better. We hope he can be better-behaved after the short period of barring (which is meant for instropection), and I think it's very much possible to still be someone fun, perhaps a bit provocative at times (rather than just being a docile fella that's not really him) - but at the same time, he shouldn't cross the line as well between frank and honest and blunt, to insulting and stimulating or fuelling fights. We're all looking forward to him returning as a better poster :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
With all respect Che (and don't take this too personal) but IMO you blow the things up.He started discussing and if you check threads at the RF he wasn't the first to start those so called "fights"...

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can someone please post the links to the pages where he did all his crazy stuff that was enough to get him barred ?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
With all due respect, I don’t feel that I need to justify my actions regarding recent events.
But since you do make a statement in a public forum than I feel that I need to clear the air.

The actions of Narentino was not caused by one single event, but rather accumulations.

You as a FM know the rules as well as narentino (especially since he was a former FM)

leading up to recent event I had received complaint for members regarding his offensive post.
So as a FM, what would you have me do? I gave warnings to all sides involved but to little avail.

So If you feel I acted too abruptly than you are entitled to that opinion ,

I ask you, what would you have me do? My request was to have him barred from the
Madrid form. However, his punishment of being barred for the whole of XT must be indicative to
his offenses.

Again, he is only given a weeks penalty and I personally hold no ill will towards him
or any member at XT, all I request is that any member posting in the Madrid forum be respectful
to the forum and it members and regardless of who they are will be treated equally and openly.

I think anyone who has visit this forum would vouch for my credentials.

Che

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Che said:

I think anyone who has visit this forum would vouch for my credentials.
Che
Che s you ve got my full support from the time I know you even before becoming a FM you have always been a fair and respectfull guy towards all the members of xtratime even the barca ones, I wish Narentino just relax for this week and come back more calm, this will help him to mature a bit remember this forum has people from different ages and sometimes they will not restrain themselves.
This is part of their mind growing.
Keep up the good work Che,
:)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Che, you're getting defensive and there's really no reason. The following quote from the RM forum will let people judge for themselves:

Originally posted by Narentino
The biggest joke will be when you take your mom shit and wipe it all over your face...you fat dutch retard..
I don't dislike Narentino (although I'm not too sure about his Rui Costa fixation :) ), but this is over the top. I would have been the first to report a post like that and to complain about any FM who didn't take action, even in a forum as loosely moderated as the Milan forum. Narentino can use the time to cool down a little.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Well Che,I guess you're right as a well respected FM anyways let's hope these things won't happen in the future.Give Naren again some credit after his comeback.

Greets

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Ruffian said:
Che, you're getting defensive and there's really no reason.
sorry that was not my intentions, probable came off that way since I was at work when I wrote that reply.

Gianluca, believe me when I tell you that Narentino would be welcome in the madrid forum. I neither like him nor dislike him, so this is not a personal thing from my stand point but only doing my job by trying to keep the peace in my forum.

and I do believe in redemption, I just hope for Narentino's sake that the time away will make him a bit reflective and that his behavior needs adjusted.

Alter/Azael, as always your my amigo! I understand that he is young since I was once in his foot steps and with age comes patience as well as wisdom. for our part I hope this is the end of this distasteful chapter in XT history

Che.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Che, now I'm thinking perhaps my comment about being "defensive" sounded like I was blaming you or something. Well, that wasn't my intention either. :) I just didn't see why you bothered explaining your decision when you had part of an offensive post right there to do your explaining for you. Hey, maybe I'm just too direct and don't understand the subtleties of moderating a forum. :D

D

·
0 Posts
This is the over-bearing censorship i spoke about when i handed in my resignation as an FM. People here are too highly strung and can't take a bit of a slagging. Narentino is harmless, he justs wants to have a laugh and gets banned for a week.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
This is the over-bearing censorship i spoke about when i handed in my resignation as an FM. People here are too highly strung and can't take a bit of a slagging. Narentino is harmless, he justs wants to have a laugh and gets banned for a week.
Well Doc, I believe Narentino has had enough warnings about his behaviour before the decision to ban him was fair IMO. Also, he has not been banned, so he gets a fair chance to improve his behaviour in the future.

D

·
0 Posts
People here give out warnings for no reason at all. I got one for winding up the anti-football brigade, referring to the Italian Championship as Seria Snore, and questioning why 90% of the people here who support Italian teams aren't Italian and most of them have never been to Italy(i'd also bet there are a few who don't even know where Italy is!).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.