Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after many years of frustration, Napoli fans can smile again. To begin with, we welcome our new president, Giorgio Corbelli, with open arms. Finally someone has arrived to free us from the tyranny of Corrado Ferlaino. I guess Ferlaino finally realized that his debts could not be paid off if he held on to total control of the team.

Two long and grueling years in Serie B. It felt like two decades. However, now that we have been promoted, I am very excited with the moves that Napoli has made this off-season.

To begin with, let's look at the acquisition of Nicola Amoruso. He will play with a team in which he will play every match, and a team that has built a class midfield. The final piece of the midfield puzzle was found with the acquiring of Vidigal from Sporting Lisbon. He, along with Moriero, Matuzalem and Pecchia will create opportunities for Amoruso and for Benito Carbone, who I have no doubt will end up with Napoli.

What Napoli is lacking right now are two strong defenders and a goalkeeper. However, if Corbelli hunts for these players with the intensity that he has shown up till now, there is no doubt in my mind that Napoli will field a truly competent team in Serie A this year.

Also, as of January 1, 2001, Juninho is the property of Napoli.

I do not have any dreams of a Scudetto or a Champions' League berth this season or even next season. This will take time and careful planning and of course, a little luck. However, I do not rule out the possibility of qualifying for the Intertoto or perhaps even the UEFA Cup.

As a supporter of the squad, I am pleased for Napoli's return to Serie A. But the promotion to Serie A is also important for the league as well. Southern Italy needs a strong presence in Serie A. For economic reasons, this is extremely difficult. The only hope is FC Napoli. If the championship every year is just a tournament between Juve, Inter, Milan and Lazio, then they may as well create the European Superleague like UEFA wants.

To all my fellow Napoli supporters, we have been patient in waiting, but good times are ahead of us!

Forza Napoli!! Tanti saluti dalla Curva B!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Michele,

With a bit of luck you could get Juan Pablo Angel on loan from Parma too. Dino Baggio and Lassissi is also a possibility for Napoli I think. I also think Tanzi is trying to get Roby Baggio for you. Rumour has it that he has offered Roby a 5 billion a year contract running for 2 years. You have Galetti on loan from Parma too, don't you? Is he any good BTW?

Could you please tell me more about Matuzalem? He's also a Parma property... :) What type of player is he? How old?

Forza Parma e Napoli!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
And also Mora,Parma property last year at Napoli now given at Torino.Is he good?

We would love to hear information about Matuzalem and Galletti...but maybe this should be in the Parma forum. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Verdi, thank you for the moral support for Napoli. Parma is a squad that I have always respected and admired. I was heartbroken to see Inter win the spareggio for the last Champions League spot.

Anyway, both Matuzalem and Galletti have recently reached 20 years of age. Matuzalem is a very durable midfielder who can pass the long ball very well, and seems to be made to play more of a lateral midfielder rather than a central midfielder. This is more of Vidigal's specialty. I believe he can be quite a formidable player in the serie A with a little more experience.

As far as Galletti goes, I did not have a chance to see as much of him this past season as I would have liked. He came to Napoli late in the season, and also RAI International has limited their transmissions of the serie B here in the United States. However, from what little I did see of Galletti, he scored an imprtant goal against Cosenza for a 1-0 victory. He was on the right side of the net and was able to be in position to put in a rebound. He will need more work in serie A to determine if he has a future.

Nicola Mora turned 21 yesterday, from what little I saw of him, his lack of experience did show, even in the serie B. I believe that perhaps with some veteran players to play alongside with him, he can profit through that type of experience.

I was wondering if perhaps you or anyone else on this site could provide me with information on a terzino that Napoli is about to acquire from Rosario Central Club of Argentina. The player's name is Rivarola and I do not know much about him.

Also, I have heard that they are looking at Lama, France's second goalkeeper. I know that he is 34 years old. But can anyone give me more information on him? Thank you.

Forza Napoli!!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It is good to see Napoli back in the Serie A, and it is good for southern Italy as you said Michele. Reggina have also helped the south to get some attention, but I can't see Reggina lasting another season in the serie a as they have lost most of their greats(Pirlo, Baronio, etc). I'm hoping one day Messina might get into the Serie a(oh yeh) as I am half Sicilian and that would really help southern Italy get recognised as more than just serie b and c material.
Great to see someone come in the Lazio forum and cheer on Napoli, takes abit of guts, but I still just can't understand the dialetto napolitano hehe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Il Toro, thank you for your response. I don't think it took a lot of guts to cheer for Napoli in the Lazio forum. What it did take was a bit of ignorance on my part, being that it was my first post and I did not realize I was in the Lazio forum.

However, I just want the Lazio supporters out there to realize that I supported Lazio this past season to catch Juventus. I am strictly anti-juventino and it made me very happy to see Lazio win the Scudetto.

As far as the teams in Sicily, who many years ago were very strong in serie A, I really wish them and all southern teams the best. Southern teams must bring equilibriun to the serie A. Unfortunately, it seems that Reggina has only acquired players from serie B and C, and lost their best players. I hope that they can survive one more season in serie A.

Forza Napoli!!

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Lazio won't go anywhere this upcoming season, that is unless they get Careca, Carnevale and Maradona back.
:D :D :D :D :D

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 15-07-2000 at 09:08]

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,599 Posts
napoli? we're back with napoli, eh???
Oh, I'm tempted.... but I'll keep cool.

I'll just say, it will be an easy victory for our team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts