1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 16 - 13/12/08 (19.30 UK)
Napoli - Lecce
Stadio San Paolo

Napoli are mounting a real challenge for Champions League places and will be confident of continuing their run against a Lecce side that does not travel well.

Edy Reja is trying to keep his feet on the ground, but his team’s enthusiasm and hunger is contaminating the Stadio San Paolo faithful. Although there was a hiccup last month in which they picked up one point from three games against Atalanta, Cagliari and Inter, they seem to be right back on track after sweeping Siena aside 2-0.

“I would be a fool if I said having two consecutive home games against Siena and Lecce did not give us a great opportunity to improve our position,” confessed the Coach. With Juventus and Milan going head-to-head in the battle for second place, it is entirely possible Napoli could be level with one of these sides by Sunday night. Much as they may dream, the truth is the Partenopei must look over their shoulders, where Fiorentina are just one point away and Genoa two.

Lecce are one of those sides that can do real damage to an over-confident opponent, though. It took Amauri’s last-gasp header to snatch victory for Juventus last week and they grabbed prestigious draws away to Lazio, Atalanta and Catania. It is true the Salentini are without a win since Week 5, when they defeated Cagliari 2-0, but a point at the San Paolo would be worth a victory. Napoli have only dropped points on home turf once this season in all competition, but showed when they got complacent against Cagliari that they are not invincible.

Goalkeeper Gennaro Iezzo is still suffering from lumbago, so 23-year-old Nicolas Navarro maintains the gloves. Marcelo Zalayeta may well make way for German Denis to form an all-Argentine strike partnership with Ezequiel Lavezzi. Luigi Vitale is also an alternative for Daniele Mannini wide left in Reja’s 3-5-2 system. Curiously, Napoli have won every evening kick-off at the San Paolo this term.

Lecce are still missing Andrea Ardito (back) and Andrea Zanchetta (muscular), while Daniele Cacia is set to start after scoring a sensational volley against Juve last week. The former Fiorentina and Piacenza starlet gets the chance because Jose Castillo is in doubt with a muscular problem.

Keep an eye on: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli) – El Pocho comes alive at the San Paolo and, after a disappointing show against Siena, will want to prove himself all over again.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Napoli (W L D L W) Lecce (D L L D L)
Napoli (probable): Navarro; Santacroce, Cannavaro, Contini; Maggio, Blasi, Gargano, Hamsik, Vitale; Denis, Lavezzi

Lecce (probable): Benussi; Schiavi, Stendardo, Fabiano, Esposito; Munari, Giacomazzi, Vives, Ariatti; Cacia, Tiribocchi

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0809/nap-lec.html

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Cheaters :yuck:
When was the last time you won from dubious penalty, a week ago ?

Some of your players spending more time on their knees than Jenna Jameson. Their dizziness accompanied with loosing of balance in the box is already a legendary :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
about me being gay:

I´m happy married guy and proud father of two georgeous daughters. If this is gay, they hell yea I´m proud to be gay :D

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts