Who will get the CL spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Napoli will host Lazio in the last matchday in a game which decides the 3rd place and CL preliminary round participant. By the looks of it Benitez last game in charge.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
I have the feeling Napoli will get it.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Napoli. Lazio are drained mentally and physically. But they play with two chances so who knows. Should be an exciting game.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
even if Lazio do win/draw they won't qualify for the CL anyway, they choked away 2nd place. With their better coefficient, at least Napoli will have something of a more manageable task in the playoff

Only team Lazio could beat in the playoff is probably Ajax and maybe Bayer Leverkusen

Napoli would face Sporting CP, CSKA, Brugge, Monaco type teams

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes HS and we saw what good job they did this season in the same situation (talking about Napoli who were beaten by Bilbao in playoff).

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
To be fair, Athletic Bilbao was an awful draw for Napoli. The way Napoli have played even the likes of Monaco or Sporting won't be easy but Lazio have little to no chances against Manchester United, Valencia or even Shakhtar

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only Man utd could be difficult draw if they get their act together and they will buy in summer anyway. Not saying others are easy. But with good tactics which the current Lazio coach possesses you never know.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
You are overrating Lazio. They have only ONE point playing against the top 3-4 in the league (obviously with one game in hand against Napoli still). Everything is possible especially early in August when teams are not at full fitness but the likes of Valencia, Leverkusen, Sporting..etc should theoretically walk over them with ease.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
It's a tough choice.

Lazio has that contemptible scum Lotito while Napoli are just scum in general, particularly after all their whining about Parma not letting them win.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Lazio has been outchoking both Roma and Napoli past months, and thats a tough task. I dont think they are built mentally for these king of decisive moments, so its impropable for me they will beat Napoli away for a CL spot they should have secured long time ago with how awful Napoli was for some time. Not to mention tons of missed opportunities to get 2nd place.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
It's a tough choice.

Lazio has that contemptible scum Lotito while Napoli are just scum in general, particularly after all their whining about Parma not letting them win.
I'd think it's rather easy for us Juventini. Lazio is more likely to not get past the CL preliminaries, hence Lazio. I generally support Italian clubs in Europe, but the financial gains that generate from there being one less Italian CL participant is too big to ignore.

-----------

As for prediction, it's a tough one. Both teams are choking big time. Napoli will have the home-field and superior fitness advantages. Lazio has one huge advantage in that two out of three possible outcomes are in their favor. Onus is on Napoli to attack and score.

It'll probably be decided by luck and/or an individual episode/error, but if I'd to pick a #3, I'd go with Lazio.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I'd favour Napoli to win just because it's at home & they would want to end on a real high,Lazio will push very hard & will count themselves very unlucky if they miss out on 3rd after the season they've had:).

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
It's a shame for me that this game will be played at the same time as Inter-Empoli. I know, Inter-Empoli is pretty much useless for both clubs but it's Inter's last match of the season so I plan on watching it regardless. :stuckup: :heart:

I'm hoping Napoli win. I don't dislike Lazio but I was annoyed with how they lost the Coppa final. Moreover, Rafa won 2 trophies in his short stint at Inter, then there's Istanbul...

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Lazio has been outchoking both Roma and Napoli past months, and thats a tough task. I dont think they are built mentally for these king of decisive moments, so its impropable for me they will beat Napoli away for a CL spot they should have secured long time ago with how awful Napoli was for some time. Not to mention tons of missed opportunities to get 2nd place.
I disagree with calling Lazio chokers. Because they do not have as good of squad as us , or Napoli. If Napoli dont finish 3rd that would be choking, but if lazio dont it wouldnt be.

They overachieved this year I feel, 66 points is above expectation for them i think.

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3 point gap between Lazio and Napoli in standings. Draw is enough for Lazio. Napoli won the reverse fixture in Rome 1:0.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts