• Da!

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Hai!

Votes: 4 25.0%
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I personally hope we have at least Chiellini back to have some pace in our own third. Lavezzi is a terror. Napoli has been 100% at home so far, and I fear that it will remain that way irrespective of what lineup we send out there. Its a very difficult game regardless.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Problem is that even Chiellini isn't in good form. But I agree, even off-form he is better then anyone else we have.

My biggest concern is Camo and his lacking of form and match-fitness. That's probably the biggest reason for our losses of points lately, we've always played this bad before under Ranieri but at least our superstars saved us back then. Now, they haven't and we're suddenly drawing and loosing in stead of winning.

We need the real Camo back!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Actually, I can see Ranieri getting the sack if we loose this. Loosing to Real is certain, and if we loose this it will be 3 losses in row (assuming we also loose against Real, of couse), and before that 2 or 3 draws.

I don't think Ranieri would survive that.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
How is that the worst case scenario? Us losing, and losing like 4-1 or such is the worst case scenario. Barely anyone gets 1 pt in their home, let alone win. Just look at this:

2007/08 (against the top 7 teams)
- Juventus 3:1
- Inter 1:0 (Inter's first defeat in serie A last year)
- Roma 0:2
- Milan 3:1 (the match where Milan lost the CL spot)
- Fiorentina 2:0
- Udinese 3:1
- Sampdoria 2:0

2008/09 (all their home matches)
- Panionios 1:0
- Vllaznia 5:0
- Fiorentina 2:1
- Benfica 3:2
- Palermo 2:1

Aside from one Roma loss, no one even gets a draw, they all lose. Its a mericless away game, a draw is a good turnout, not worst case scenario.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
How is that the worst case scenario? Us losing, and losing like 4-1 or such is the worst case scenario. Barely anyone gets 1 pt in their home, let alone win. Just look at this:

2007/08 (against the top 7 teams)
- Juventus 3:1
- Inter 1:0 (Inter's first defeat in serie A last year)
- Roma 0:2
- Milan 3:1 (the match where Milan lost the CL spot)
- Fiorentina 2:0
- Udinese 3:1
- Sampdoria 2:0

2008/09 (all their home matches)
- Panionios 1:0
- Vllaznia 5:0
- Fiorentina 2:1
- Benfica 3:2
- Palermo 2:1

Aside from one Roma loss, no one even gets a draw, they all lose. Its a mericless away game, a draw is a good turnout, not worst case scenario.
osman, osman, it's the worst case because a loss is unthinkable. the napoli match is a MUST-WIN if there ever was one within the first 10 games of the campaign. fact is, regardless of the adversity THIS is when teams need to fear us most. i'm talking traditionally, historically, last year. it's in our fabric, so, therefore, i'm done talking especially if it's a juventino i am disputing this with.

we can resume this conversation after the match and if i'm wrong then i may have to start to question my confidence in this group. hopefully napoli don't need 2 rigore and a dozen VERY GENEROUS calls this time in their favour to beat us though. just a FYI there :rollani:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
oh what a match. I can't wait.

I think by the laws of probability, or more simply said, by the fact that we have been like **** lately in serie A, its about time that we win a game and solely based on this i think we will win.
There are some factors such as the fact that we will play against Real Madrid afterwords, but none the less, i don't think this will reserve any of the players.
I am expecting a very decisive Camo and a determined Giovinco.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
camo will certainly be available for real madrid.

as for this game i cannot believe it's on saturday at 20:30. i've got the TFC playing their season finale at home at 21:30 italian time. i guess it's safe to say i'm not too impressed. FCUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

based on my 1-2 prediction in favore della juve, i guess it's better that i'm not watching it.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts