Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Napoli v Fiorentina

The hideously large Stadio San Paulo will be full tonight as Napoli attempt to take away our 'name'. This game is live on ESPN UK who have shown a lot of Fiorentina games, none of which we have won.

We have also lost our home game to them and now that we are out of the Champions League the players might wake up to realise that we must win a game or two. We are 11 points off 4th spot. Boy do I wish Serie A played with 18 teams. More time and less injuries. Prandelli is once more unable to call on his Azzurri centre-back Alessandro Gamberini, who is sidelined until the end of April with a shoulder problem. The mercurial Peruvian Juan Manuel Vargas, who also looks likely to make a summer switch from the Artemio Franchi, may miss out through injury again.

Napoli haven't won in five games but are more likely at this time to make 4th. I know it looks bleak at the moment but we all know what happens when you put a string of results together. You shoot very far up the table.

We can do it. 7:45pm tonight.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Jova :jester:, tell you what, that Babacar kid that came on changed the tide of the match.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
JoJo, Man of the Match :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damn good feeling after long time :proud:

·
Terzino sinistro
230 Posts
Really nice game. Congrats to La Viola. That teenager, number 21 was really good. Some nice defending and Gilardino was on as was man of the match, Jovetic. What is up with his hair btw? Is he trying to bring the 1970's back, all by himself? =)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Good feelings after a while. We needed this result. We have only difficult matches till the end of season. Next week Genoa I think.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Congratulations to Viola finally luck their way, but I gotta say that was a penalty on Lavezzi when it was 1-0 for Napoli, but I guess its karma as you guys were on the wrong end of referee descions against Milan and Bayern so i guess this restores some balance.

I also hope you guys AT LEAST make the Europa league if not the CL this season.... Italy needs to be represented by the best next season for European coefficients and I have no doubt that you will do very well if you play in the EL.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not really the subs that changed the match - it was the formation. Prandelli is no fool he knows we play our best when we play 4-3-3.

Jovetic----Gilardino----Al Babacar

We are so used to playing this formation that Prandelli must implement this. He knows what he has to do. As soon as he made the changes, I knew we'd dominate and win the match.

PS that goal from Jovetic is goal of the season. Easily.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Congratulations to Viola finally luck their way, but I gotta say that was a penalty on Lavezzi when it was 1-0 for Napoli
I was surprised by the ref's decision not to award that penalty, but I can't say that we were lucky there as the ref didn't award us a penalty for that handball in the first half.

I think Babacar took his time until he started to play well during the match. Early on he was losing his balance too easily for no reason.

Our defense still needs a lot of work when it comes to dealing with crosses. Dainelli used to be our clearance guy, but now none of our players have the advantage when it comes to aerial play. I think yesterday we lost 90% of the aerial play on our area.

This is Napoli's first home defeat this season. ;)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Our defense still needs a lot of work when it comes to dealing with crosses. Dainelli used to be our clearance guy, but now none of our players have the advantage when it comes to aerial play. I think yesterday we lost 90% of the aerial play on our area.

:thumbsup: 100% agree Yacoob. The way Lavezzi (Lavezzi!!!!!) scored his header is unforgivable. Hopefully Corvino puts this right in the Summer. Also a LB please :kiss:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Oh and Babacar!:proud:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts