Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sochaux entertain Nantes on Saturday night, with the hopes of clinching at last their first French League Cup. They were beaten 4-1 by Monaco last year at the same stage of the competition, and needless to say Sochaux will be looking for the right performance to make this year’s final a memorable one.

Guy Lacombe and his men qualified for the final after beating St Etienne 3-2 at the Geoffroy Guichard stadium last February while Nantes ended Auxerre’s cup campaign during a cruel penalty shoot-out session won 5-4.

Having won 2 French cups since 1999, Nantes will definitely bring their cup experience to the capital, but Loïc Amisse and his men still remain underdogs against Guy Lacombe’s side. Sochaux are currently 4th in the French league and have been playing some attractive football, the combination of a skilful passing in the midfield area and an efficient attacking system having caused some concerns to most of the French sides during this term.

Nantes will be without their influential midfielder Stephane Ziani, unable to take part in this year’s final after picking up an injury. Meanwhile, Sochaux will have to do without Omar Daf still recovering from a bug and Jaouad Zaïri through suspension.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i see a 3-2 win for sochaux
santos, frau,oruma against moldovan x2 :D

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The Sochaux team looks great, Frau & Santos on top is really dangerous! Pédretti & Mathieu in midfield is superb. Mikaël Pagis the attacker on the bench is a man that can come on and score anytime.

T. Richert
I. Tall (Sén)
S. Diawara (Sén)
M. Flachez
S. Monsoreau
G. Paisley
W. Oruma (Nig)
B. Pedretti
J. Mathieu
F. Dos Santos Lima (Tun)
P. Frau

REMPLACANTS
M. Pagis
M. Isabey
J. Lonfat (Sui)
P. Raschke
G. Gnanhouan (Civ)

--------------------------

M. Landreau
P. Delhommeau
M. Yepes Diaz (Col)
N. Gillet
F. Da Rocha
E. Faé
M. Berson
S. Armand
G. Yapi Yapo (Civ)
G. Pujol
V. Moldovan (Rom)

REMPLACANTS
O. Quint
N. Savinaud
M. Vahirua
L. Guillon
W. Grondin

Nantes have talent to with Landreau, Berson, Armand & Moldovan.

I think Sochaux win 2-1

;)

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a good Rennes fan, i will be for Sochaux tonight. :D :tongue:

But i hope to see great football tonight;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Fobal klub said:
But i hope to see great football tonight;)
:rollani:
i almost fell asleep :yuck:
what an ugly match it was :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts