Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name some major weakness per league which when illiminated will make the league better.

For me (you can ignore them if they sound stupid. No need to slaughter me for my opinions. Thanx in adavance losers. You know yourselves :D )

* Too many foreigners per team - applies to all league, Inter and Arsenal being the major culprits

La Liga
* Refs should all be banned. Those guys are the worst I have ever seen. I honestly suspect they are being bribed. Use foreign refs

* Defending - Someone should teach them to defend. An average team scoring 6 past a strong side is just embarassing for a so called best league in the world

Serie A
* Dives
* Too defensive
* Still slow paced - Transition from defence to attack is the lowest among the top teams

EPL
* I seriously cannot find any flaws. Great league:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66,779 Posts
Of course I'm generalizing here.

EPL-Too many foreigners ( not a bad thing when it comes to English football), and most teams play a stupid kick and rush style.

Serie A-Low attendances/poor atmosphere.

La Liga- Nothing, it's awesome.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
EPL
Er, the fact that it is so one sided every year?

At least in a league like Italy, first could lose to last. There is no chance of that happening at all in England.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Er, the fact that it is so one sided every year?

At least in a league like Italy, first could lose to last. There is no chance of that happening at all in England.
You can't use that in european leagues. Usually the top teams are too rich, too strong to lose against bottom sides. Numancia beating Barca is more like a fluke. In Botswana where teams are all poor it is normal for the last team to humiliate the top team. Doesn't make it a good league. Thank you sir but I enjoy EPL

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
You can't use that in european leagues. Usually the top teams are too rich, too strong to lose against bottom sides. Numancia beating Barca is more like a fluke. In Botswana where teams are all poor it is normal for the last team to humiliate the top team. Doesn't make it a good league. Thank you sir but I enjoy EPL
Yes, but look how close things are in Italy sometimes. 14th could beat 3rd, 2nd could lose to 17th. You just don't know what's going to happen. The chances of West Brom beating Man United are probably 500/1. Next to impossible.

I enjoy the EPL too, to me there is nothing better, but you asked about negative aspects, and I gave you some.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
La Liga
- Poor defending
- Referees too strict
- Two teams win all the titles (at least Italy has 3, and EPL has 4)

Serie A
- Poor attendance
- Fans are too paranoid about cheating

EPL
- Foreign ownership of clubs

·
Registered
66,779 Posts
La Liga
- Poor defending
- Referees too strict
- Two teams win all the titles (at least Italy has 3, and EPL has 4)

Serie A
- Poor attendance
- Fans are too paranoid about cheating

EPL
- Foreign ownership of clubs
La Liga ain't that bad. It's not like the SPL or anything. Barca and Real are the undisputed top two but Valencia and Depor have both won titles since 2000. Or was Depor's in '99 ?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
What 4 teams would win the league in England? If Arsenal count as genuine title challengers, then Spain and Italy must have about 6 each. And while we're on the subject, Liverpool have only seriously challenged this season in recent years, thus counting them as amongst potential winners when they haven't won it in near 2 decades is generous at best.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
EPL
You are so right, I cant find any flaws with the NFL myself.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
La Liga

- poor refereeing
- shoddy administration
- lax rules on racism
- poorly marketed
- no clamping down on violence
- excessive diving and play acting

·
Registered
46,336 Posts
Serie A
* Dives
* Too defensive
* Still slow paced - Transition from defence to attack is the lowest among the top teams
Serie A has no technical/tactical flows. Too defensive? It's a myth. There are teams which defend too much and others which attack too much. Slow paced? Another myth. Anyway, I prefer a slightly slower paced football to running up and down the pitch like headless chickens.
As regards the dives, the referees should simply stop whistling fouls for every dive. Some have learnt the lesson, some tend to do it yet.

The real problems of serie A are the fact that the league is poorly marketed, the fact that the financial resources coming from TVs are unfairly shared and the fact that the chairman of Lega Calcio is a man of the old establishment who does nothing in order to change the trend.
There is not a real interest in improving the league. The big clubs are just interested in securing the Champions League and changements could just prevent them from getting it, while the other clubs are simply unable to unite. Most of them infact are happy with the cookie the big clubs throw them.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Serie A:

-The refs blow the whistle for too much, especially if it's one of the giants playing. Players like Del Piero will get free kick if an opponent takes the ball from him. It's like it's not allowed to do that.

-They don't have Parma :D

-The financial gap between the big 3 and the rest are huge and it's really a miracle the others even put up a fight.

-Too much bias towards the big three by the journalists, media, ref etc.

EPL:

-Too fast with so many wrong passes and plays.

-Alot of midtable team players are thugs that rarely get punished by the ref

-The defending is laughable

La Liga

-Usually only 2 teams fight for the title

-dumb refs

-very questionable defending

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
It's just personal preferences with a lot of these things. Playing style and the culture of the countries involved.

The EPL has become more defensive over the last couple of years so to brand the defending in that league as "laughable" is a bit over the top.

For those bemoaning Manchester United and their procession in winning the EPL again it is really not too different to Spain or Italy. Inter will win Serie A again, Barcelona and Real Madrid are miles ahead of anything in La Liga. La Liga on the whole is very average this season.

The Bundesliga is arguably the best spectacle. They may not have so many "star" names in the league and their top teams are not up to the standard of the other top teams in the other big leagues but it is a good package. The amount of eastern european players in the league ensure that the technique in the games are of a good standard and mix that in with the traditional work ethic of the german players and you have a good mix. The league is the tightest out of them all and the crowds are the best in europe which adds greatly to the whole thing. You can have the best team in the world on the park but if they are playing to half empty stands or worse it loses it's appeal greatly.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
EPL - Fast pace, not enough skill
La Liga - bad defending, bad referee's
Serie A - too much defending

1 - 20 of 41 Posts