Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going around some sites today to see the pictures of the Roma game. I encountered something i didn't understand. I went to the www.nikefootball.com site a while back and say that Nakata was now endorsing Nike but in the picture I saw of him he was wearing his old Filas. When he played for Japan against Korea he was wearing Nike but he was wearing Fila today. Why is that? BTW how was Nakata's performance? He only had a 5.5 rating at italain-soccer.com.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I saw the first half and Nakata didn't do much except get hacked by Bari players here and there. He made one lethal pass to Del Vecchio in a counter attack and that was the best move I saw him made. I don't know about the second half but I doubt he made any much more impression considering the pace of both sides in first half. Cassano too created some chances but his team mates came short as well.....tough luck for both sides not to score a goal.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the never ending Nakata saga is continuing and I wonder what is going to happen during the off season.

Well it looks like Nakata will be missing the next match due to injury. He apparently injured it during the Japan vs Korea match and aggravated during the Bari match. These games showed some weakness to Nakata when he is man marked and limited his space. Anyways, I'm begining to think that his time with Roma is begining to look bleak. I wished that Nakata and Totti could compliment each other on the field but now I'm not even sure. It all boils down to what was Nakata, Capello and Sensi thinking.

On a seperate news, Japan may get Wenger(Arsenal coach) for next year in time for the world cup. There's some pretty intense coverage going on with this news in Japan.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes Nakata7 (btw are you Japanese?) Wenger is really wanted by the Japanese FA but I doubt be will take that job (not long term at least) now because its more exciting to coach Arsenal and try to go deep in the CL next season rather then coach a national team that plays in a 'major' competition every few years - despite the money. Maybe when Wenger is tired with coaching at Arsenal he go coach the Japanese national team.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to tell u that Wenger have signed for 2 more years with Arsenal.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More speculation regarding Nakata's situation, apparently his management's president has flown to Italy. Media are speculating that it's regarding all the offers Nakata is currently receiving. Japanese media are saying that Parma, Fiorentina, Milan, Inter and Man Utd are some teams interested in him. They are reporting that Parma which is own by Parmalat doesn't have such strong presence in Asian markets and may take Nakata for both reason, soccer and Parmalat products. Last year Parma came close from signing Nakata but took Ortega instead and Ortega is leaving this season. Another team Fiorentina which is sponsered by Toyota is looking for a replacement for Rui Costa. And they say that the prospects for Inter and Milan aren't that great(perhaps too many foreign players???), and with Man Utd, Man U doesn't really play the style suited for Nakata. I really don't know what is going to happen during the off season and I just hope everything will turn out for the better for Nakata and Roma.

As for Wenger situation, he recently admitted that he was being contacted from a foreign country regarding a national coach job. It was obvious that this was Japan despite JFA's denial. Wenger is being highly praised among JFA officials, having coached in J league, Wenger was the one who recomended current Japan coach Troussier to JFA. Sadly Troussier is about to lose his job and now it's back to square one for JFA.
As for his contract with Arsenal, I really don't know much but JFA was reported to pay for that to Arsenal if Wenger would be coming to Japan from May 2001. Also Wenger has a history of denying his departure when he actually did depart to Arsenal while he was coaching J-league. Personally I think Wenger will stay at Arsenal, he may come to Japan after this upcoming world cup, I mean one year preperation doesn't seem to be enough for current Japan squad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts