Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree that ZZ is better than Nakata. But as ady has said, ZZ will be too expensive for Liverpool. Nakata is a cheaper option. He is young and not as injury-prone as ZZ. Another reason why I prefer Nakata to ZZ is that Nakata scores more goals. Well, creative midfielders are hard to come by so I hope Liverpool will make a bid for him. He can replace Redknapp, what do you all think? I think Liverpool still need reinforcement in the midfield department to challenge for the league title...

A

·
0 Posts
i'd like nakata to come rather than zidane..
he's younger, cheaper, and profits the team he plays for a lot more than zidane does(JAPAN socca fans)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
but ZZ is the best in the world (Rivaldo, Figo and Raul may argue). Also if we do get him (highly unlikely) we would want him for his experience as we have Gerrad, Redders and Didi anyway who are all excellent. ZZ would benefit is mostly in the CL and I think we need someone like him for us to find our feet this year.

B

·
0 Posts
I'll choose ZZ, rather than Nakata..

I have 3 reasons:

First, We had enough young players already, we're the youngest team in Premier League, even compared to Leeds!!!
We have a very excellent youth academy, so we'll get the young ones, someday..to prove it, just wait a year or a couple more and see Partridge coming to the senior team. He is such a talent.
Zidane will provide liverpool, not only by his magnificent wide range of skill (Passing, dribbling, Long shots, passion, etc) but with his influence, Experienceand mentality too.
He's the one who grap the last world cup.

Second, Nakata is a non-EU player, we already have 4 players of non EU..well maybe next season 3, cause friedel is sure long gone..
Zidane, is French

Third, Nakata have no loyalty. Look what he did to perugia.
Zidane have a special relationship with Houllier. GH is his coach at french national team, so an understanding between 'em is a plus.

note that i do not hate Nakata, cause I'm asian too.. :) I'm proud of what he has done. But i see this from a liverpool's eyes, and the answer is......... ZIZOU....!!

B

·
0 Posts
Whatever will be, GH already stated that if Liverpool make to the Champions League, he will buy another 3 or 4 players more..!!!

YEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAA...!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Here is a fan of the 3rd team of Liverpool.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

S

·
0 Posts
Zidane is probably my favourite player at the moment. He's got great skill, physical presence, is highly experienced, quite young... What more could we want from a player! I can see him fitting in with our style of play and proudly wearing the Captain's armband. So definitely Zidane. ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
As the moderator should I erase that Everton fan's post... ha just joking. He is helping us with the number of posts! :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nakata didnt do anything to preugia, and on his own website, he says that it was a hard choice, leaving perugia. he was thankful to them for giving him his chance in the serie A, but he was going to leave anyway

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

X

·
0 Posts
ZZ without a doubt!!!

he's had honours at very level- serie A champ, world cup, etc..

nakata hasn't won anything yet..ok he's been with perugia before..but still..

nakata is too small physically..although he does possess incredible talent ..

but ZZ just got something extra which is why he was player of the year!

if we get into CL..we'll get back 10M..which was spent on heskey and Gh could be allowed to use it again!!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
i don't think liverpool need a playmaker like zidane and nakata. recently i don't see any liverpool players who play a role as a playmaker! and i think GH doesn't like that idea... if he does, he would play an attacking midfielder who act as playmaker behind two strikers. correct me if i am wrong!

but if GH want to change his style, i think zidane would be the greatest player for us!

M

·
0 Posts
IMO you don't see a playmaker in LFC only because in Redknapps absence there are no other players who can fit in that position. For me it's the only missing link in the team. With having Redknapp injured so often, we urgently need another playmaker, and ZZ is a good choice. Although it's obvious that if ZZ comes Jamie'll have to leave.
I absolutely don't understand what do you guys have in mind when you say Nakata?! Or what do you mean when you say that ZZ is too expensive? Why being so economic, as if you're paying cash from your own pocket. LFC is one of the 10 richest clubs in the world and they can surely afford anybody they like.
If you wanna bring Nakata, then you can replace Owen with McAllister as well.

WE NEED A PLAYMAKER! The only way a team can get away without having one is if they have Keane, or Davids, or Veron, a defencive midfielder with a lion heart and with a wide range of skills which Hamann does not posess. Didi did a fine job to help us to be where we are at the moment, but if we think of dominating Europe again then we need to move on. Nothing less than ZZ should do for the Pool. But if for any reason he's not available I'd look no further than Kinkladze. He's mature (27), great skills, great vision, actually is there anything that he can not do with the ball? And he's not expensive, too (for those who don't wanna lose a penny). IMO lightyears ahead of Nakata. If he would not be playing for lowly Geogia he would be up there with today's greats.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dream on! :) Zidane and Davids will stay with us in Juventus! Now that we maybe win the serie a he'll stay. No one leaves! :)
Anyways couldnt imagine ZZ in Premier League? And in a Liverpool shirt?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts