Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from italiansoccer.com:
Nakata could leave AS Roma after just 4 months

Benched in last two matches, he will surely play next Sunday at Bari. But this will happen just because Francesco Totti got a ban for a week. It seems there is no space anymore for Hidetoshi Nakata, probably best Japanese player ever.

AS Roma bought him last January from Perugia for 32 billion lire (€16.5m). Fabio Capello suddenly put him in the starting line-up, trying to change his position from attacking midfielder to central midfielder. But, despite some positive performances, Nakata never got accustomized with the new position and never was able to show his best. The best performances he had were those ones when he replaced Francesco Totti behind the two forwards. And when Marcos Assunçao recovered from the knee injury Nakata lost space in the team.

'La Gazzetta dello Sport' reports on Thursday soon there will be a meeting between the player, the coach and the president of the club. It seems really hard that Nakata could decide to stay at AS Roma having just a substitute position. And probably in that meeting the terms of the goodbye will be figured out.

In the contract he signed with the club, there is a clause which says he could move away for 49 billion lire (€25.3m) if he doesn't play at least an half of the games. However this cannot be the only chance to buy Nakata. AC Milan, Parma and some English clubs are waiting to know how the situation will develop.
---------------------------------------------
Wow,i think we all kind of brought this up one time or another but really didn't believe it would really happen.
Me personally,i think we should keep him.
It really is not fair the way he got put in.
I read on his internet page(and recommend you guys to read it),he says that it is really difficult to come in the middle of the season and try and understand the players and coaches.I agree,plus its also a new position for him.I mean what could we really get for him,money yes but what players??
I think we should keep him,see how the off-season training goes with him and Emerson,Emerson also confirmed today he is confident that he will join Roma in the summer despite what Leverguson say.
Anyway,Nakata is a true professional
and a hell of a nice guy and huge talent,
keep him and try to develop him,Capello can do it.
In other news,it looks Roma are interested in a Montella-Inzaghi swap(God No!!!),but if Montella is not happy i say let him go.
Also, a Mangone-Sartor swap with Parma also.
What do u guys think of all this??

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Sartor for Mangone? NO ****ING WAY! :(

Where did you read this? Gigi is SO much better than that old big nose mouse,Mangone....

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, this is a tricky time for Roma.

If Nakata is not willing to sit on the bench sometimes, if he allways whats to start the game this is not good for the team. Dont forget that this is a team sport and now one is above the team. So if Capello does not start him ever game then i think he must get used to this. If not let him leave!
Or Nakata must start to realise that he must play a different postion then he will start the match.

We have Emerson coming next season, Walter Samuel and i am sure we will get a high profile striker also. This means DEPTH!
Depth is very important, look at Lazio. They can play the 2nd team and still have it full of international players.
This is what Roma need to do.

There is no shame in sitting on the bench for Roma when the team is doing well. I would love to see a great team on the feild, but also great subs. Not the crap we have at the moment.

I say keep Nakata, either change his
position (He will never get Tottis spot, unless he is injured or ban). Or make him sit on the bench. If he does not like this, BYE BYE Nakata.
FORZA ROMA

[This message has been edited by GJC (edited 28-04-2000).]

R

·
0 Posts
Send him to Arsenal, please!! You guys can have Petit, cause we don't want him.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys check out what i just found,
from soccernet.com

Money-machine Nakata eyes United
By Gabriele Marcotti
Hidetoshi Nakata, Roma's Japanese playmaker, could be the man Manchester United turn to now that their £18.5million move for Ruud Van Nistelrooy is in tatters.

Nakata would cost around £15m, but his versatility - and especially his marketability - could make him very attractive to the Old Trafford club. The 23-year-old can be equally effective as an attacking midfielder or as a striker.

But the real bonus for United would be the fact that Nakata is far and away Asia's biggest star, generating millions a year in sponsorship and merchandising.

Indeed, after Ronaldo, he can attract the biggest endorsement fees worldwide. When Nakata joined Roma from Perugia in January, the club issued 1,000 limited-edition polo shirts for the Japanese market at £580 each. They sold out in seven days.

Nakata's presence also allowed Roma to sign a five-year TV deal worth £17m with a Japanese broadcaster.

Despite costing £10.5m, the Italian club have already recouped almost half their investment in less than five months. Indeed, at the time of the signing, they said they hoped to raise £20m in Nakata-related revenues.

Given that United's marketing and merchandising expertise is second to none, and that they already have a a vibrant presence in Asia, by some estimates they could easily triple that figure.

But Nakata is more than just a cash-generating machine. He is ranked among the top midfielders in Italy.

Roma could be willing to let him go as there seems no room for him in their line-up. Up front they have Italy strikers Vincenzo Montella and Marco Delvecchio, while hometown hero Francesco Totti, also an international, plays just behind them.

Roma boss Fabio Capello has deployed Nakata as a holding player, or left him out altogether. But the player is said to have a clause in his contract stipulating he must start at least 60 per cent of Roma's matches, a stipulation Capello says he will not honour next season.

According to a source close to Nakata, his managing company, Sunny Side Up, has been in contact with United, the player's preferred destination, both competitively and commercially.

'Sunny Side Up is trying to steer him towards United,' said the source. 'He is probably better suited to the Premiership, and the combination of Nakata and United, from a commercial perspective, would be unstoppable.'
-------------------------------------------

Wow,didnt see this one coming so soon!!!
Did you see that 60% playing clause in his contract,pretty interesting.
If this happens it could free up a lot of money for spending on free agents

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i wonder if nakata was an african or eastern europe palyer with the same abilities, would teams like man u or even roma been interested? i doubt it.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

L

·
0 Posts
Roma shouldn't have signed Nakata.
We all know Nakata is playing the same position as Totti before he even signed for Roma, so why buy him the first place when you know you gonna put him on bench? Nakata deserves a lot more than this, so i say, let Nakata go!!!!! Totti is not playing that well then why put Nakata on bench when Nakata can do better? this is getting out of hand and i think Capello is protecting Totti too much!

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is very simple. Roma signed Nakata primarily because of his huge marketability. Its obvious that Capello had no long term plans for Nakata as of the moment. Capello is just trying to stick Nakata in a unfilled position and play. I don't think Roma will let Nakata go because for example a Japanese TV station signed a 5-year contract to broadcast Roma games just because Nakata is there (I'm not sure if the contract cluase will say if Nakata change clubs then they can break the contract?). But anyways Nakata should really have waited till the end of season to move to another team, despite as of the moment Nakata is very well paid and maybe his fortunes will change at Roma next season when they work things out.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Il Lupo, I hope Inzaghi does get swapped for Montella. I'm a juve fan and i hate Inzaghi the most out of any player in the world. Mangone is too good to be swapped for that ex Inter loser. If Montella does leave, then Totti can play in his role with Nakata behind Totti and Inzaghi or Del Vecchio. So your problem would be sold. However, Nakata would be good for any team to buy because he pays himself off in a couple of years. He genarates that much money for the club because the asians love him to death. If he does leave, he should go to Milan because they need a playmaker like him. Hopefully he doesn't go to Man U because his career would be finished then.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This could possibly be Nakata's last game with a Roma jersey.
With Totti out with a strained ankle, Nakata got the call up.
As it looks right now Nakata is staying away from all reporters that wish to discuss transfer talks,he wishes to remain silent until the season is over.
He also said that his second year in Italy was a positive experience and has no regrets.

Do you guys by any chance read his posts in his homepage??
If not check them out they're pretty interesting, he really seems to have a huge attachment with Perugia, and really seems to miss it.Personally, i like this guy and could be a good character player for our team.What my wish is that he can develope his midfield game and become what he was brought here to do.He may just have a great off season and he's the type of player to put in a lot of work.

N

·
0 Posts
As I reported earlier in another Roma topic, Nakata's management is apparently in Roma trying to sort out the offers he has been receiving from other teams. Also there will be meetings with Roma side regarding the situation and next season. I just read that Nakata is just trying to finish this season on a good note. His role for next year will be the same as this year which means Nakata will probably be fighting for a spot in the midfield, if not on the bench for a replacement role for Totti. Capello really wants Nakata to be a midfielder, and occasionally an Attacking Midfielder when Totti can't play. I've also read that he wants to play more regardless what position he starts at, thats his bottom line.

There is a possibility that Roma may play in Japan during the off season.(I think this depends on Nakata's situation)

Personally I'm not sure if Nakata is going to stay it's just not right for his talent. Also I wonder if it does any justice for that price Roma paid for him.

What is really gonna happen here??? I guess the off season is really gonna intrest me here since Roma is moving to buy more high profile players.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts