Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a waste for Parma...
the point is that at Bologna he can finally play in the right position: he is a playmaker! Whenever a champion is given to Mazzone, he shines again, cause Mazzone is not a stupid coach who forces the players in rigid formations (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1...), he gives them lots of freedom.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
ToniSamp said:
the point is that at Bologna he can finally play in the right position: he is a playmaker! Whenever a champion is given to Mazzone, he shines again, cause Mazzone is not a stupid coach who forces the players in rigid formations (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1...), he gives them lots of freedom.
A dig I see...:D

Oh well...he has his chances though...:groan: he didn't take it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Its great to see him doing well.. He has the ability.. Sad that somehow it didnt work for him when he was in Parma..

Still if a transfer go through, it would be great for him and Parma..

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
ToniSamp said:
He did play as a playmaker, he just wasn't good for it either.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Re: Re: Nakata is again a champion

Minotti said:
He did play as a playmaker, he just wasn't good for it either.
Yeah, 5-10 games in his first season with us...

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, maybe Parma tried... surely they did not succeed. :tongue: Sometimes rigid schemes give the team a good organization but can limit the abilities of some players. Mazzone is well known as a coach with whom champions gives their 100% cause they are just asked to do what they know. And if you had heard his words yesterday... he used the same words just with Totti and Baggio in the past.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Well, maybe Parma tried... surely they did not succeed. :tongue: Sometimes rigid schemes give the team a good organization but can limit the abilities of some players. Mazzone is well known as a coach with whom champions gives their 100% cause they are just asked to do what they know. And if you had heard his words yesterday... he used the same words just with Totti and Baggio in the past.
I must say that when I see the guy talk, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about...not a lot of old people like himself can keep that...Bobby Robson for example...he loses the plot after a few minutes of chat. :D

Bonera has always said Mazzone was a very special person in his life helped him grow up and learn things as well as being his coach.

Mazzone doesn't half have a temper though...:happy: I remember when he ran to the Brescia fans screaming and shouting...:eek: :howler:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Prandelli prefered Morfeo over Nakata. Morfeo has been brilliant in many games for us. Nakata has just had a couple of good games at Bologna so far. Not enough to use the tongue smilie at us, is it?

Besides, it's in Parma's best interest for Nakata to be impressive as that could mean big bucks for Parma come summer.

Or maybe you just hate us now, Toni? Because of little moi? :tongue:

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VERDI said:

Or maybe you just hate us now, Toni? Because of little moi? :tongue:
No, I don't hate any supporter of Parma (and even no ex supporters of Parma like you :tongue: ), and indeed for the good of Samp it would have been better if Nakata had remained to warm the bench of Parma, cause now Bologna is just 4 points far.
Yet, I like football and the fact that Nakata is brilliant at Bologna shows once more how fool are the coaches sometimes with their schemes. And that regards also our Novellino with his rigid 4-4-2.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Toni: Mazzone, after Guidolin, is propably the most defensive and rigid coach in serieA these past few years...

The fact that he's old school and let's a fantasista run the show freely... why would that be considered freedom when everyone else in on a leash?

Prandelli is much more attacking in his mentality and get's more players involved. It didn't suit Nakata, but it has surely been good for Parma.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
ToniSamp said:
No, I don't hate any supporter of Parma (and even no ex supporters of Parma like you :tongue: ), and indeed for the good of Samp it would have been better if Nakata had remained to warm the bench of Parma, cause now Bologna is just 4 points far.
Yet, I like football and the fact that Nakata is brilliant at Bologna shows once more how fool are the coaches sometimes with their schemes. And that regards also our Novellino with his rigid 4-4-2.
Why am I an ex supporter again? Because I criticized Serie A? :rollani:

Geez...

·
Registered
460 Posts
A good coach is someone under whom lots of great taelnt flourish. Even though he's ex-Roma, I would say he's one of the best in the world in making good players out of potentialy good players. I looked at Appiah last season and could he have played like that if he was under another coach ? Even Lippi is struggling to get him to be consisitent.
plus,
what you guys see as defensive and rigid, I see as structured, disciplined and organized. I know, difference of opinions ! :tongue:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Or maybe a good coach is someone who will lead his team to good results?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Märco said:
... was the original name of the club back in 1913. I changed it to honour the 90th birthday.

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Glen said:
Toni: Mazzone, after Guidolin, is propably the most defensive and rigid coach in serieA these past few years...
You are kidding probably, Glen! :eek: :dazed:

Mazzone has no schemes at all!!! :howler:

Just watch every week end the formations invented by the journalists when describing the way of playing of bologna: 4-4-1-1, 4-2-2-1-1. His way of coaching is very simple, old style, freedom to fantasisti and skilled players, hard workers to dothe dirty work, tornante, center forward... forget the numbers.

Guidolin is a different thing...

I talked about rigid schemes not about defensivism, Glen. There are coaches who apply rigide scheme even if they are not defensivists, simply they apply rigid schemes to everything, even to attacks (like our coach Novellino).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts