Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORÇA MIGUEL!!!! :star: :boxing: :star:

The big man from Mallorca is going to hang up his boots...

Nadal To Announce He Is Quitting
3/4/2005 12:17:00 AM
Miguel Ángel Nadal will announce that he is set to retire from football at the end of the season after 18 years in the game.
The Mallorca central defender has decided to call time on a glittering career after making only three starts for the Balearic club this term.

"In a press conference on Friday I will say what I have to say," Nadal said. "For the time being I am not going to make any declarations."

Despite being coy until he makes it official, reports from Son Moix confirm that he ahs informed the club of his decision.

Nadal represented Spain 62 times and played in three World Cup Finals, as well as becoming the only Mallorquin player to ever lift the European Cup, which he achieved in 1992 with Barcelona.

He joined the Catalan giants in 1991 frm Mallorca and enjoyed his spell as part of Johan Cruyff’s ’Dream Team’ of that era.

He returned to the island club in 1999 and was a regular in the side until the start of this term.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Doesn't he say this every year? :pp

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
barça said:
Doesn't he say this every year? :pp
But it seems that this time is really the end. I wish him the best in his life, he had good words for Barça today. He was one of the heroes of Wembley and he also won 5 Ligas, 2 Copa and 1 CWC, plus one more Copa in Mallorca.

·
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
But it seems that this time is really the end. I wish him the best in his life, he had good words for Barça today. He was one of the heroes of Wembley and he also won 5 Ligas, 2 Copa and 1 CWC, plus one more Copa in Mallorca.
And a nephew that helped win the Davids Cup:star:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
too bad, but he really was getting old and slow. Still could do the job but not as good as he used. He was great in the Dream Team. Thanks for all the years Miguel! :star:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
What a slip barça ha ha, the Davids Cup. Do you want him back that badly? Yes, Michael Angel Christmas has been a great player over the years. Good fun, non controversial and a great team player. People forget now, but he often played as an attacking midfield player and was very effective.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Whoa, I thought he had retired ! :tongue:

A real veteran player. How old is he now ?

Good luck to him. :)

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's 38... WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO... There's still some hope left for me!!!!! I'm "only" 32!!!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Still mystified Barça? Are you referring to Rafa Nadal and the DAVIS cup? BTW, Spain are going to be out of it today if they don't pull their fingers out.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Roger said:
Still mystified Barça? Are you referring to Rafa Nadal and the DAVIS cup? BTW, Spain are going to be out of it today if they don't pull their fingers out.
Yes, I think that they're coming back today...

·
21,026 Posts
Roger said:
Yes I was, I was saying that Rafael Nadal is Miguel Angel Nadal's nephew. What did you think I was saying? :confused:

By the way, they are out, some defense of the cup :(

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
What I mean is why do you call it the Davids Cup with a d like Edgar Davids rather than the Davis Cup. That's the slip I was referring to; see it now?

·
21,026 Posts
Didn't even notice the spelling mistake:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts