Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KO Sunday lunchtime

Used to be a pretty tricky tie for us in the past, especially in the Henk Ten Caat era but things have changed since then as they now really are a very average team.

For us it'll be an important week for Babos who apparantly said that he'll only want to stay at Feyenoord next season if he's no 1 goalie if you believe Derksen. Bit much if you ask me but if he's in goal this Sunday, he could be a step closer to being that.

THe rest of the team won't bring up much discussion as they speak for themselves and I hope Gullit will keep with his Ronaldinho role for Kalou since it worked to full effect last week when he was given a free role on the left where he gave Jan Kromkamp probably the hardest game of his life.

Anyways team I expect

--------Babos--------

Ostlund-Saidi-Gibbs-Pascal

Castelen-Ghaly-Ono-Goor

---Kuijt--Kalou----

Prediction: 0-2 Kalou x2

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yup, that'll be the line-up, since Gullit hardly ever changes a winning team. I expect Kuijt to knock home at least one, since he hasn't in a while.

NAC isn't very dangerous this season and to be honest, I don't fear them much either, but usually when we phuck up we do it in matches where we're the absolute favourites. So the guys will need to stay concentrated, if they are I don't see how we won't win this one.

My prediction, 1-4, Kuijt, Kalou 2 and Romeo.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
0-2, you got it Wally. ;)

Ghaly looked very good in our win today, was involved in most of our better attacks. Kalou and Ono especially both scored a great goal. We kept a cleen sheet although NAC did get some big chances. Kuijt once again didn't score, Gibbs looked good with one solo.

Since Ajax won we can now at least say that we're back in the running for CL!

Boussabon worked hard for NAC, had one great shot, but still I wasn't too impressed. Mendes looked good though, same with Diba, now that's a player we should try to get IMO.

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if only I had put some money on the game :groan:

I heard different btw on the radio about Ghaly. I only listened to the first half but they said he kept on losing possession easily.
http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=104814/dbid=123265/typeofpage=40435/sc=e3f8fe check the ratings too btw :eek: :D

interesting was that Hofs wasn't in the selectie. Maybe he got the week off cos Gullit did say he was tired I dunno but you never know with him. Hope he won't disappear for a month like Basto met zijn verhuizing :howler:

As for the CL, I'd still say AZ are favs looking at their schedule which out of the 3 teams probably is the easiest but at least with them losing again, it should make for a good end to the season :cool:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
:eek:

He looked good in the highlights though, guess that's why you should rarely base your judgement on a summary. :eek:

The commentator said that Hofs was injured BTW.

And now we can concentrate on A:yuck:z, looks like they recaptured their form just in time, but no worries we're on a roll. It's high time for a Feyenoord win and I think this will be the one!

·
Registered
65 Posts
well i saw the whole match

ghaly had a very bad first half he lost possession many times, i was expecting ruud guilliet to sub him

but in the second half he improved alot playin some through balls mainly winning aerial balls and winning tackles from oponent

kalou is magnificent he should hold on him

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I hope so Rossoneri_Baku! I'm not confident though :(

Drulo said:
The commentator said that Hofs was injured BTW.
Good, thank God, I was already worrying Gullit would get up to his old tricks and that'd be the last we'd have heard of Hofs.

batouty said:
well i saw the whole match
do they always show Feyenoords games live on Egyptian TV? I'm wondering cos I got a few links with Egyptian channels on the net and I was hoping that maybe one of them would show Feyenoord - A:yuck:z this weekend :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
as abss 252 said

it is only aired on this network called the orbit network, and i think that some times it is aired on abudhabi sports channel but i think not any more

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers lads, they aren't on the list what I had but I'm not sure either if I'll want to watch Feyenoord after tonights performance :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts