Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's 2:0 a few minutes after the kick off of the 2nd half.
Raul scored the first after 23 minutes.
And Baraja increased the score just some moments ago.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10 minutes in the second half Raul did it again ... 3:0 :star:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Puyol :eek: :star: :happy: :proud: just made it 4:0

·
Registered
526 Posts
You have to remember though that this Northern Ireland team couldn't beat Liechenstein in the last friendly. So take this result with a grain of salt. (in other words it's worthless)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i need a lineup.whats the form?

and wish this big victory would not turn the guys' brain to become overconfident.

i just know the guy Bier cares about spain NT cover his national team,but the german NT lost at home ugly at the same time.:tongue:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BARCA4EVER said:
5-0 means a lot to Bier ;)
Indeed ... I love it when that happens. :proud: :star: ;)

laoer said:

i just know the guy Bier cares about spain NT cover his national team,but the german NT lost at home ugly at the same time.
Yeah I've seen that match (I'd rather have seen Spain ... later saw the highlights at Eurosport) and I was cheering for Argentina (Germany's rival, whom I always cheer for ;) ) as I hate german football, it's ugly destroying and seldomly offers technical skills ... If I was a proffesional I would refuse to play for Germany :stuckup: but wait until I could get a spanish or portuguese citizenship. :star:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Laska kolbaska said:
The only meaning thing is Puyol have scored. I`m happy for our guy.
Guess who's happy too:D

Well, a team like Nothern Ireland would play in the 2B or 3rd Spanish Division, so the score doesn't mean anything:eek:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Wasnt really a stern test but there were a couple of goals involving good play. Raul's second was pretty good, after making space for himself outside the area, he placed it perfectly and the keeper didnt even move. Morientes' goal was pretty good with some fine play and Valeron left it on a plate for him in the area.

I only saw the goals, did anyone see the game? Im interested to hear how Mendieta performed. Did he he look sharp/confident?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
With all the respect for North Ireland, but they were really a terrible side. Also the pitch wasn`t in any good shape either which could of course be an effect of the terrible wether. It rained cats and dogs all match. Baraja was the man of the match. Joaquin, Puyol, Nadal and Raùl were other players who showed that they want to go to the world cup. The delicates of the match was defintly Valeròn`s backheel pass to Moriente`s goal. But I don`t understand the postion that Camacho put Valeròn in, was more to the right than the center.
Starting line-up was;
Cañi
Puyol, Nadal, Hierro, JuanFran
Joaquin, Baraja, Albelda, De Pedro
Raul, Mori

In the second half, Sergio, Helguera, Mendieta, Valeròn, Casillas, Curro Torres came in. I`ve proberly fotgotten somone, but I don`t concider it that important.

Juanele y Super Puyol> Am I the only person who can`t stop laughing everytime Raùl gets interviewd? We should have a contest were we all get to guess what IQ this lad has.;)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Robban, Valéron has played as a right midfielder before, both in Atlético and in Spain. His role as a true playmaker is something which amazed us all cause he used to be crap :D

Well 5-0 and another friendly wasted on a B-team....Why cant we play someone who at least is in the FIFA top 40 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Micke> True, but after his season as central midfielder you can really question the desicion to play him on the wing again when we lack creativity in the center.

Mendieta was ok. Not more and less. You could really see that the season in Italy hasn`t exactlly developed him.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Robban said:

Juanele y Super Puyol> Am I the only person who can`t stop laughing everytime Raùl gets interviewd? We should have a contest were we all get to guess what IQ this lad has.;)
Mmh... let's say he wasn't the most brilliant student in his class:D In the "Guiñoles" of Canal + they show him always saying "sí bueno no, sí bueno no":tongue:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Micke said:

Well 5-0 and another friendly wasted on a B-team....Why cant we play someone who at least is in the FIFA top 40 :rolleyes:
We have. Remember, we lost to Holland and tied Portugal.

This game was only to boost the confidence of the players. I mean what else can you take from it when most tercera teams in Spain could've won this game.

Mr. Raul Gonzales,

it's nice that you can score goals against Northern Ireland and all but how about scoring more than one goal this tournament eh?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Mr. Raul Gonzales,

it's nice that you can score goals against Northern Ireland and all but how about scoring more than one goal this tournament eh?

I totally agree Juanele. it's time that Raul make his mark on the inernational stage this summer. Enough with scoring goals against mickey mosue teams. It's time for him to step up and be the wonder boy that he is with Real Madrid

·
Registered
167 Posts
GIVE MORE CREDIT TO SPAIN

Hello to all:

It took me a long time to respond about last week's match, but let
me say that you should all give more credit to this Spanish victory!

I understand it was a friendly against such a poor team, but
you are forgetting the principal: Spain played to entertain. not just win, but entertain. Was anyone forcing them to win by such a score and with such beautiful plays/goals? Most national teams
who would not care enough would perhaps win such a match by 1 or 2 goals and spend the rest of the time boring the spectator and thinking about la Liga. No, Spain gave a great performance against a team, who is NO different to Ireland, England or Scotland only in terms of EXPERIENCE. N. Ireland's team is just
as capable as the english, the only difference is that one team
is inexperience and the other is not. (To those who argue, dont all British sides (+ Ireland) have the same style? (Speed and physical play, I think its obvious.)

The performances against Portugal and Holland were "off-days"
in my opinion, against the Irish, Spain woke up and despite
the conditions, gave the Spanish supporters in Belfast some joy.

Robban & SuperPuyol:

I am disapointed that you insult Raul only for being cules. Let
me say he is a great example as a footballer, humble and sympathetic to all. Do you ever hear Raul insulting anything about Barcelona? Lets compare Raul to Luis Enrique, why not???
(Dont be confused, Luis Enrique is one of my favorites...)

If Raul's "speech" is so dull, it is because the media constantly
asks the same questions over and over and over again.....the answers are so obvious that such interviews are not necessary......so we know what is coming.

·
Registered
526 Posts
mallorquin,

As much as I'd like to agree with you here I can't.

The Northern Ireland team we faced was first off a poor team like you said. Second they were missing 13 of their first name players. They practically were playing with a team of all 2nd division players.

We would never score 5 goals against Ireland (not Northern Ireland) or England. In fact we'd be lucky to even win one of those games, especially against England (who has a great weapon against us, speed).

As for the other friendly matches you mentioned well they were both pretty experimental sides we had. I'm not sure how much you, I, or Camacho could have taken from those games. Pretty worthless games in my opinion.

With that all said it was nice to see us dominate a game that we were supposed to dominate. Hopefullly it did give the players confidence they'll need before the WC.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts