Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
We played like that v Lazio, juve, Atalanta and Napoli but vs. Sassuolo more possession and more bravery especially at home is required

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Barella and Hakimi in desperate need of a holiday

At least Barella will get one (a short one)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Dire ball Hakimi

WTF has happened to him
He was always a pretty shitty passer of the ball as far as I've seen. Both his accuracy and timing is off. He does the best when he just uses pace and then hits hard and low crosses into the box and hopes for the best.

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
We played like that v Lazio, juve, Atalanta and Napoli but vs. Sassuolo more possession and more bravery especially at home is required
Yes, againts a Sass without 6 starters it is pretty silly

You can see that we are only really breaking with 3 or tops 4 players at a time - usually Barella, Hakmi or Young and Lukaku. Lautaro almost seems to be playing as a holding midfielder again 🙄

Neither Eriksen or Gaglia really getting forward at all

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
He was always a pretty shitty passer of the ball as far as I've seen. Both his accuracy and timing is off. He does the best when he just uses pace and then hits hard and low crosses into the box and hopes for the best.
His last goal involvement was 8 games ago, with an assist against Fiorentina

I know he's young and it's his first season in Italy, but he has to do more than this....

He got into 2 or 3 extremely good positions there in the first half

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
BTW this Sassuolo 11 is pretty much a side with players who played a lot of games this season except may be Raspadori

So yes they are missing players but the guys on the pitch are hardly primavera

Locatelli is good but Lopez- Obiang is still good too for instance

Djuricic, Boga and Traore have all scored against us before and all are important players for Sassuolo

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
May be Barella took that booking intentionally, doesn't want to score against his old club when they are in such a bad situation. I know he did before but first half of the season is one thing, matchday 30 another... or may be I am a conspiracy theorist lol. Was a bad challenge from Barella

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
His last goal involvement was 8 games ago, with an assist against Fiorentina

I know he's young and it's his first season in Italy, but he has to do more than this....

He got into 2 or 3 extremely good positions there in the first half
As I said, seeing as he lacks the passing skill and composure he should apply the same tactic that a player in my local team did. He was fast and skillful but he was rubbish at crossing, all of the crosses would hit the first defender, go out for a goalkick or be way overhit. So instead he started to always hit the crosses low and hard and hope that it hit a teammate by pure chance.

He went from zero (as far as I can tell) assists in 2017 to winning the assist league in Allsvenskan in 2018 after adopting this new tactic.

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
Sensi coming on against his ex club

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Still a lot of possession for Sass but our defense is looking more porous.

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
This is such a crap performance

·
Registered
17,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Young tries his best to give away a pen

·
Registered