Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Rom vs Romagnoli and Kjaer was a massacre, as usual.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Also, credit to Lautaro, Perisic and Handanovic who saved their best performances of the season for the biggest game of the season.

I have criticised all 3 a lot this season, but they came through for the club yesterday.

It helps that Kjær and Romagnoli are not very good defenders. Calabria is OK but no world beater and got owned multiple times yesterday.

Against ACM and Lazio Perisic gave his best 2 performances since probably the first half of 2018/19. Superb.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Interesting that Kessie's form seems to have dropped off a cliff. I rate him as excellent, but he struggled badly at times yesterday.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
We were a midfielder and a LWB short of truely having a solid and Scudetto worthy starting 11. We may have just solved that issue with Eriksen and Perisic if they keep this forn up.

Rom was unplayable as usual, really showing Adriano-esque glimpses and plays.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Interesting that Kessie's form seems to have dropped off a cliff. I rate him as excellent, but he struggled badly at times yesterday.
He did struggle at times but IMO it's more of a problem with their set-up (midfield + tactics) vs ours in the circumstances. When Pioli committed to the high line after we went 1-0 up, we basically had an extra runner in midfield to cause a whole set of problems.

Aside from Theo and Zlatan, I personally thought Milan's best performer was Hakan...the problem for him was that he didn't have real outlets to use. The worst offender (sorry Dr @Ante) was Rebic. I get a strong impression that Rebic does not like his role very much at all...could be he prefers a lot more freedom and movement. It's a bit strange because he's a "go all out", "do or die" type of player. Maybe one of the Milan boys or Serie A lads can explain.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I still totally disagree.

As Ahmed said, we have easier fixtures coming up and Vidal and Darmian are decent replacements.

A win over what at least appears to be your main direct Scudetto rival shouldn't really be underestimated.

Overly negative reaction from you Nax after a superb performance.
Probably be d'ambrosio instead of darmian in place of skriniar.
The upcoming fixtures aren't fixtures that should scare us having them fill in. Also the 1 fixture a week will help in this period.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Excellent derby performance.
It was overall and in terms of the result but the latter part of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd saw us in an extremely vulnerable position, ready to throw it away and only rescued by an otherworldly Handanovic.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Also, credit to Lautaro, Perisic and Handanovic who saved their best performances of the season for the biggest game of the season.

I have criticised all 3 a lot this season, but they came through for the club yesterday.

It helps that Kjær and Romagnoli are not very good defenders. Calabria is OK but no world beater and got owned multiple times yesterday.

Against ACM and Lazio Perisic gave his best 2 performances since probably the first half of 2018/19. Superb.
Kjaer and Kessie are both excellent players, as useful as Hakan and Ibra in Milan's amazing first half of the season.

Kjaer was isolated with a bad partner in a 2-man central pairing against your world class attacking duo. Also remember they had Tonali in front of them who isn't exactly the Berlin wall.

·
Registered
22,434 Posts

Never doubt the Croatians. )

#itsinourdna

·
Registered
22,434 Posts
He did struggle at times but IMO it's more of a problem with their set-up (midfield + tactics) vs ours in the circumstances. When Pioli committed to the high line after we went 1-0 up, we basically had an extra runner in midfield to cause a whole set of problems.

Aside from Theo and Zlatan, I personally thought Milan's best performer was Hakan...the problem for him was that he didn't have real outlets to use. The worst offender (sorry Dr @Ante) was Rebic. I get a strong impression that Rebic does not like his role very much at all...could be he prefers a lot more freedom and movement. It's a bit strange because he's a "go all out", "do or die" type of player. Maybe one of the Milan boys or Serie A lads can explain.
How dare you Fird. How dare you.

Your honourary status in the Cro board, and your role as my legal representation is being evaluated right now. Its looking dicey.

)

PS With Croatia he goes all out. Of course there though he is surrounded by world class talent like Modric and co..... At Milan not so much....😁

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Kjaer and Kessie are both excellent players, as useful as Hakan and Ibra in Milan's amazing first half of the season.

Kjaer was isolated with a bad partner in a 2-man central pairing against your world class attacking duo. Also remember they had Tonali in front of them who isn't exactly the Berlin wall.
I definitely wouldn't consider Kjaer excellent....

A capable journeyman at best.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
What I find a bit ironic is that we allowed Milan more chances in this derby compared to the derby we lost earlier this season. Difference was an inspired Handanovic. Not that he was to blame for the 2 Zlatan goals when we lost but making 3 saves in a minute or so is mad... in terms of us creating chances, we had 6-7 yesterday which is pretty good, and took basically half our chances, while in the lost derby we had 6-7 chances and only took 1 which is a much poorer conversion rate. Basically created a lot in both derbies but converted better yesterday.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
I definitely wouldn't consider Kjaer excellent....

A capable journeyman at best.
Never rated him at Palermo. I believe he flopped at Roma and Atalanta as well.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Here is one for @Ante

Perisic has assisted against Milan in both Serie A derbies this season but it's not the first season this happens as he also assisted in both Milan derbies of 16-17, one of the assists a throw-in to Candreva hehe. Perisic also made an assist to Icardi in 17-18, so we are talking 5 assists in Milan derbies which is quite good.

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
63,304 Posts

Nice to see the likes of Materazzi, Cordoba and Bergomi supporting Conte. Iconic ex Inter players who spent a long time at the club. Cordoba makes a good point about the surrounding issues (club sale etc..)

Though it's quite simple and obvious to back Conte when we are top of the table

Me and my buddy @Firdaus were defending Conte in worse times :stuckup:

I hope the ownership issue is sorted and he stays for next season.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Last time we won against juve, Milan, Lazio and Napoli in Serie A in the same season?

2009-2010..

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Here is one for @Ante

Perisic has assisted against Milan in both Serie A derbies this season but it's not the first season this happens as he also assisted in both Milan derbies of 16-17, one of the assists a throw-in to Candreva hehe. Perisic also made an assist to Icardi in 17-18, so we are talking 5 assists in Milan derbies which is quite good.
Wouldn't it be 6? He assisted for 3rd goal in the last game as well, didn't he? Looked to me like he did.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Yeah watched it again just now on YouTube, long pass to centre circle, Barella left ball without touching it to Lukaku who went on the run.

Reactions: Firdaus
101 - 120 of 129 Posts