Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
22,434 Posts
Congrats boys.

Didn't watch but followed the score. I can safely assume the Croatians were key (as they always are). )

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Perisic had a really good match. Another super disciplined performance with one assist to Lautaro for the 2nd goal (great team goal) and almost another assist to Lukaku when he put in a delicious cross.

Brozo was very important, as he usually is. No goals or assists but he was important for cover in front of the defence as well as cleaning up possession and calming down the game.

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
I have to say your performance between 1-0 and 2-0 made me worry of a Milan comeback. Had it been a CL tie with a team that employs a forward in their prime instead of a 39yo, could have been different. I wondered whether this is the Mancini dominance of Serie A that needs a more balanced formation to unlock the potential in the CL.

Anyway, the fact you don't have JZ and Cambiasso to break up attacks also made it easier for Milan to install themselves.

Let's remember too that you beat Lazio in a very similar fashion, which may be good enough for Serie A but on the European stage could hit a wall.
Lazio didn't have that many chances though

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
I still totally disagree.

As Ahmed said, we have easier fixtures coming up and Vidal and Darmian are decent replacements.

A win over what at least appears to be your main direct Scudetto rival shouldn't really be underestimated.

Overly negative reaction from you Nax after a superb performance.
You obviously have more faith than me in Conte that he wouldn't try to shoehorn Kolarov into the starting lineup if Skriniar got injured.

This Vidal?

Time to discuss the elephant in the room: Vidal has been a terrible signing
Don't think it's a surprise that we had more control of the midfield and played better football once that headless donkey Vidal came off
Turned into an easy, controlled win once Retardo Vidal came off.

Conte has to start putting Darmian at LWB and Sensi in from the start
Vidal giving the ball away as usual

Donkey
Wild donkey ball Vidal

Terrible player
Vidal is frankly an embarassment
Thanks VIdal for missing that sitter at 1-2

Had many points has that clown cost us this season....

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Conte won't play Kolarov as RCB lol

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Conte won't play Kolarov as RCB lol
I didn't say he would. More like shift the defense around and play Kolarov as left centre back.

Although the most likely scenario is that Darmian or Ranocchia would fill in. In either case Skriniar is vastly superior to any alternative that we have. Darmian might do decently in one on ones but he wouldn't have the aerial presence that Skriniar brings.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Obviously, the availability of any of our key players, which certainly include Barella and Skriniar, ought to be a concern if we're playing any official match.

There are no walkovers and we didn't even beat Parma last time round anyway. And I guess Nacka's "extended period of time" isn't just 14 days or less...and that means the Atalanta game would be in the mix. And we didn't beat them last time either.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
If we miss 2 players and fail to beat Genoa/Parma it still wouldn't be a justification. The backups of Skriniar and Barella would start for those teams. Anyhow no win is guaranteed obviously. Although hopefully VAR will work against Parma this time..

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Backups can start those games but if we run into problems, then those players need to be available to come in if needed...as has happened in the past when Barella was meant to be rested, fx. And all the more since we now play once a week and don't need to rotate so much.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Obviously, the availability of any of our key players, which certainly include Barella and Skriniar, ought to be a concern if we're playing any official match.

There are no walkovers and we didn't even beat Parma last time round anyway. And I guess Nacka's "extended period of time" isn't just 14 days or less...and that means the Atalanta game would be in the mix. And we didn't beat them last time either.
Yeah, 14 days would probably be the absolute minimum if they've suffered muscle strains/tears. I was more referring to a "Sensi light" scenario where they'd struggle to regain fitness before the season is over. Hopefully their issues were just cramp related.

Being spared from injuries has been one of the key factors for our success so far IMHO. We haven't really had any serious injury problems all season long (Sensi excluded for obvious reasons).

Anyway, let's just hope that both players are okay and focus on the derby win instead.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
24,411 Posts

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Hopefully their issues were just cramp related.
Barella apparently told the medical staff that it was just cramps. Hopefully the same applies for Skriniar.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
"During the match Guidolin gave compliments to Handanovic and in the general climate of gogliardia he wanted to make a joke to his former footballer : "Samir, good, you were great. But then I saw that you play well with your feet too, when you were with me in Udine you had two feet like two irons " . This comment was not well digested by Handanovic who clearly returned a jab to Guidolin: "You're wrong, coach, it was you who weren't playing from behind. I remember your game, times have changed".

"You're wrong, coach, it was you who weren't playing from behind. I remember your game, times have changed"

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Guidolin, dude disappeared. His Palermo and Udinese were quite good... he is an Inter supporter as far as I know btw.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts

Lautaro should have had 20 plus by now but 13 is quite good still

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
You obviously have more faith than me in Conte that he wouldn't try to shoehorn Kolarov into the starting lineup if Skriniar got injured.

This Vidal?
Weird of you to go off and waste 10 minutes of your life searching for those quotes, but it's your choice I guess.

You may have missed how Vidal turned his form around quite a bit with the Juventus home game in which he scored.

So yes, the same guy.

Also, we have Vecino and Gagliardini as well and Barella is seemingly not actually injured, so there's that

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Weird of you to go off and waste 10 minutes of your life searching for those quotes, but it's your choice I guess.

You may have missed how Vidal turned his form around quite a bit with the Juventus home game in which he scored.

So yes, the same guy.

Also, we have Vecino and Gagliardini as well and Barella is seemingly not actually injured, so there's that
It probably took me less time to search for those posts than it took you to write your reply. The search function is actually working alright now.

My post was based on the scenario that our best player lately and a pivotal piece of our deffensive backbone would be out for a long time. I disagree that Vidal, Vecino or Gags could fill Barella's shoes.

But as you said, Barella just had cramps. So hopefully we won't have to find out the answer to that question.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It probably took me less time to search for those posts than it took you to write your reply. The search function is actually working alright now.

My post was based on the scenario that our best player lately and a pivotal piece of our deffensive backbone would be out for a long time. I disagree that Vidal, Vecino or Gags could fill Barella's shoes.

But as you said, Barella just had cramps. So hopefully we won't have to find out the answer to that question.
It didn't exactly look like a broken leg from where I was watching.

Anyway, totally irrelevant now. He was laughing and walking around normally after the match.

I don't know what Skriniar's situation is.

Anyone we put out should be able to beat Genoa and Parma.

Atalanta are followed by Torino away and Sassuolo at home.

All totally winnable, although Atalanta will cause is problems, as they always do.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
It didn't exactly look like a broken leg from where I was watching.
Yeah, it looked like either a muscle strain/tear or cramps.

Muscular issues don't have to look horrific. Just look at Sensi who manages to get muscle strains walking from the team bus to the locker room and be out for months.

Anyway, totally irrelevant now. He was laughing and walking around normally after the match.
Yep, I know. As I posted earlier he told the medical team that it was just cramps. I didn't know that at the time of my original post though. Hence the "if".

I don't know what Skriniar's situation is.

Anyone we put out should be able to beat Genoa and Parma.

Atalanta are followed by Torino away and Sassuolo at home.

All totally winnable, although Atalanta will cause is problems, as they always do.
With extended period of time I meant barely featuring for the rest of the season.

Anyway, it was just a hypothetical scenario and Barella is alright (and probably Skriniar as well).

81 - 100 of 129 Posts