Registered
63,809 Posts
This clean sheet was brought to you by Samir fucking Handanovic

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
24,491 Posts
Handanovic MotM.

If Barella and Skriniar are injured for any extended period of time it might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory.

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Amazing 2nd half.

Handa just as crucial as the strikers

Milan couldn't deal with Perisic

Hopefully hopefully hopefully Skrinar and Barella injuries are not serious

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
Perisic is a huge surprise for me. What a great display of adaptability. It is very stabilizing anyway to have very confident outside center backs in Bastoni and Skriniar.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Hakimi's pass released Lukaku for opener and his run was crucial in the second

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Handanovic MotM.

If Barella and Skriniar are injured for any extended period of time it might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory.
Had to Google that word as I had never heard of it :D

A pyrrhic victory is a victory that comes at a great cost, perhaps making the ordeal to win not worth it.

---

I obviously disagree. We won a hth against the team in second, increased the gap from 1 to 4 points, so worth it even if there is an injury or so. Our next games are Genoa and Parma, think a midfield of Brozovic, Eriksen and Vidal can be enough

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Teams have been nullifying Hakimi in terms of goals and assists but his running is causing problems, yeah

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Had to Google that word as I had never heard of it :D

A pyrrhic victory is a victory that comes at a great cost, perhaps making the ordeal to win not worth it.

---

I obviously disagree. We won a hth against the team in second, increased the gap from 1 to 4 points, so worth it even if there is an injury or so. Our next games are Genoa and Parma, think a midfield of Brozovic, Eriksen and Vidal can be enough
Yes, ridiculous point by Nax

Barella was smiling and strolling around after the game.

We can live without Skriniar for a few weeks if need be

·
Registered
24,491 Posts
Yes, ridiculous point by Nax

Barella was smiling and strolling around after the game.

We can live without Skriniar for a few weeks if need be
Not that ridiculous IMHO.

"If Barella and Skriniar are injured for any extended period of time it might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory."

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Not that ridiculous IMHO.

"If Barella and Skriniar are injured for any extended period of time it might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory."
I still totally disagree.

As Ahmed said, we have easier fixtures coming up and Vidal and Darmian are decent replacements.

A win over what at least appears to be your main direct Scudetto rival shouldn't really be underestimated.

Overly negative reaction from you Nax after a superb performance.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
Now I can sit back and enjoy Arsenal v City and PSG v Monaco :D

Huge win. Huge.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
If we beat Roma then that's all the big Italian clubs beaten this season

Though Atalanta are a top team but not a big club...

·
Registered
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Amazing how we negotiated an incredibly tricky run of fixtures ....

9 points from Fiorentina, Lazio, Milan - with cup ties against Milan and Juve complicating things - is just superb

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
5 clean sheets in last 6 league matches

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
Anyone who only watches the goals will likely think we manhandled Milan throughout. All 3 goals are powerful.

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
I give MOTM to Samir as well. His performance was one for the ages...and that's saying something because Lukaku and Lautaro were phenomenal.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
Anyone who only watches the goals will likely think we manhandled Milan throughout. All 3 goals are powerful.
I have to say your performance between 1-0 and 2-0 made me worry of a Milan comeback. Had it been a CL tie with a team that employs a forward in their prime instead of a 39yo, could have been different. I wondered whether this is the Mancini dominance of Serie A that needs a more balanced formation to unlock the potential in the CL.

Anyway, the fact you don't have JZ and Cambiasso to break up attacks also made it easier for Milan to install themselves.

Let's remember too that you beat Lazio in a very similar fashion, which may be good enough for Serie A but on the European stage could hit a wall.

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
Yeah, the performance after Hakimi's yellow in the first half was worrying. We were suddenly doing our best to give away an equalizer and couldn't clear our lines well. Totally different to the first chunk of the half where we were like a machine.

Samir kept us in the game.

We can talk about what we need to compete in the CL...but it's pie in the sky stuff because there's zero budget and we're waiting for new ownership. It doesn't seem like we have a real chance to build.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts