Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
17,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Milan full-strength except for Benaccer.

·
Registered
17,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only Theo, Romagnogli, Rebic and Donnaruma started against Red Star, so tiredness shouldn't be much of an issue for them.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
One can argue that, that is our strongest current line up as well.

·
Registered
17,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One can argue that, that is our strongest current line up as well.
Guess so.

Vidal was playing decently before his slight injury.

But if Perisic and Eriksen continue to play as well as they did against Lazio, then we should steam-roller the rest of Serie A.

Big "if" though....

For once though, we have decent options on the bench and a light fixture schedule. This is usually where Conte comes into his own.

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
I would take a draw. A win would be great though of course.

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
Kessie very confident

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
You won the last league derby so nothing weird about being confident...

·
Registered
46,292 Posts
He's confident but that should be a given for a player of any top side. It's not the sort of arrogant comment that would merit the Curb Your Enthusiasm music if the result didn't pan out.

He also says that every team, even the small teams, should be respected.

Usually, the stock answer is something like "we know we can win but we respect the opponent (any opponent); they're tough but we know we can beat them". Hedging between confidence/belief and being grounded/respectful.

Perhaps he could have phrased it to resemble the stock answer more but I really don't see a problem with what Kessie said. His teammates, coach and Milanisti will no doubt be pleased with his mindset.

If we XT'ers were playing for the clubs, we'd give statements like "we have no chance...6-0 to them. We're doomed". 😆

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
He's confident but that should be a given for a player of any top side. It's not the sort of arrogant comment that would merit the Curb Your Enthusiasm music if the result didn't pan out.

He also says that every team, even the small teams, should be respected.

Usually, the stock answer is something like "we know we can win but we respect the opponent (any opponent); they're tough but we know we can beat them". Hedging between confidence/belief and being grounded/respectful.

Perhaps he could have phrased it to resemble the stock answer more but I really don't see a problem with what Kessie said. His teammates, coach and Milanisti will no doubt be pleased with his mindset.

If we XT'ers were playing for the clubs, we'd give statements like "we have no chance...6-0 to them. We're doomed". 😆
Every derby that goes by, I fear we have no more excuse of 0-6 banter 😅

You guys are in the driving seat at the moment and I dont see an upset happening 🥴

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
Congratulations guys. Better you than Juve (at least this season) ;)
Kessie disagrees

Anyhow better Milan than juve for me.

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
Every derby that goes by, I fear we have no more excuse of 0-6 banter 😅

You guys are in the driving seat at the moment and I dont see an upset happening 🥴
An upset would be Crotone or Benevento beating Inter or Milan or juve

But any outcome (win/lose/draw) in Milan derby is normal

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
The Croatians are coming...the Croatians are coming.

(and a 1/2 Croatian too).

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
Same 11 from the previous Lazio match.

Forza Ragazzi

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
Nice header after a quality cross from Lukaku

1-0

1 - 20 of 125 Posts