Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thomas Myhre has signed a 3 year contract with Sunderland in EPL.
Manager Peter Reid said something nice about him for the occation, but I can't remember the details.. might be back with more later :D

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thomas "Butterfingers" Sørensen gave his comment to this transfer today. "It's always healthy with competition, but I'm a much better keeper than Myhre" :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Jinxter said:
Thomas "Butterfingers" Sørensen gave his comment to this transfer today. "It's always healthy with competition, but I'm a much better keeper than Myhre" :)
And i'd have to agree with him, although if people watching the Denmark-England game saw him for the first time then i could understand them thinking otherwise :sigh:

I actually think Thomas (Sorensen ;) ) is one of the best keepers in the EPL but has this nasty habit of having a "barry crocker" (i.e shocker) every now and again as if to prove that he is human :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know, in theory, he should be better, but Thomas Myhre was rated as the second best foreign keeper (behind Peter the great) in the EPL untill Everton couldn't afford to have him play anymore.

I think they are pretty equal. Very good most of the time, but got some freak accident sometimes, like Sørensen's own goal against England and Myhre's less than impressive game against Iceland earlier this year.

Sørensen should be first choice because he's gotten more first team experience the past seasons, and he's been solid for Sunderland, but he's not so much better than Myhre as he seems to think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts