Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh oh oh, how can the fans longer accept this?

Ruud Gullit was yesterday as a guest in a football-talkshow called 'Studio Voetbal', he gave some excuses... which are in my opinion totally nonsense like always.

After every poor performances, he isn't giving an analyze of the game (like Adriaanse does for example), but he's only saying things like: 'I'm ashamed' or 'I feel so poor about this'.
But what's the reason? That's what the fans want to know I reckon...

Yesterday he gave as an excuse for this loss against Heerenveen; 'since the game against Den Bosch (Feyenoord lost 4-1) we're playing very poor, it's something mentally'.

Yeah right... but what's going wrong on the pitch? Why are they loosing home games so easily? Gullit doesn't give such a reason... why doesn't he tell there's a big gap between the last line and Kuijt for example? Then the players know where to work on...

Gullit bought many new players during the winterbreak, because at the winterbreak his excuse was: 'the defenders just lack quality'.
So he got his news players (Gibbs, Östlund, de Graef, Bahía and whoelse I forgot), and they're 'underperforming' as well...
A journalist (Borst) pointed our Östlund, 'why did you sign Östlund?' he asked to Gullit, answer: 'because of his great defending qualities', Borst said: 'but offensive he's rubbish', Gullit could only agree, then Borst said: 'why signing a foreigner then? I know enough youth players and Dutch players who're also excellent defenders... he's absolutely right there.

Now his excuse is, 'we don't have the budget to attract quality players'.

Now am I'm saying, compare it to AZ, can they attract 'quality players' for a lot of money? No! But Adriaanse can make players better and he's a tactical genius, when AZ looses a game he does know exactly the reason and explains it, people can only agree... when Feyenoord looses a match, we never hear a good reason, instead of giving a tactical reason, it's always something like; 'I'm ashamed for this horrible performance' or 'we weren't concentrated' etc, but what's the reason for these things? That's what Gullit doesn't know...

My conclusions:
- Gullit doesn't understand anything about tactics
- Gullit cannot make players better
- Gullit cannot recognize players qualities (Basto, Östlund, Gibbs, de Graef, Bahía etc)
Count with that the Bosvelt blunder...

Feyenoord has a very poor season, the only positive thing is 'K2', Kalou is inconsistent but still very young, Kuijt is a great player.

Despite that, they finish this season without a trophy, an early European exit and a 4th place in the Eredivisie, a horrible season for Feyenoord.

I don't see how things could improve on the short and long term... you?

·
Registered
59,334 Posts
I'm resigned to the fact that not much will change at least for the forseeable future. Gullit will stay at least till next summer as vd Herik has too much pride to sack him a year after he appointed him plus it isn't vd Herik like to give managers not so much time. Harder question is who would we replace him with? Wim Jansen will only come if Jan D Swart goes and other than him, the only man I'd want is Gert Jan Verbeek like I mentioned before. Other than these two, I don't think 'there are better realisitic candidates than these two to be honest.

Now to the transfer policy, I think only Basto and Boschaart have been real blunders. Basto is a nice guy but he should be playing for Vitoria Guimares or something like that while Boschaart, how on earth did we want to spend a million on him :googly: not only is he slow in movement, his decisionmaking is far too slow too as is his passing. It looks like we just took a player from Ter Leede 5 and what was his best position at Utrecht cos both at DM and as a LB he looks out of his depth.

Östlund, Gibbs and Bahia were needed as we lost Song and Paauwe. Perhaps not the best but they've done alright imo. in general. Östlund at this stage is better than Zuiverloon who's more of a RCB anyways while Gyan whos a bit like Östlund has been injured for ages.

De Graaf hasn't really got a chance yet and yesterday he was poor too but I won't give a firm judgement until he's played more.

If I was a manager, to gain some revenue, I'd sell Lazovic, Paauwe, Ono, Basto, Boschaart and do my best to get rid of as many of the loaned out players as much as possible to free us up in the wage department. If we had to sell one of our money making players, it'd be Castelen but ás we've sold Smolarek (who imo is not worse than Castelen), it probably isn't the best time now since de Ceulaer apparantly isn't ready yet.

To come in, I'd only buy 3 players. A LB, DM and a CM but only if they definitely are better than what we got. If not we'd be better off playing with Snoyl at LB for example.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I think Gullit was handled pretty roughly yesterday by hugo :D. ok, he at least dared to show up. Not all of his excuses sounded reasonable to me either. But I understand it's frustrating to work at a club with such a name, and have absolutely no decent $$ to spend. I still cant believe Feyenoord payed 7 million for Lazovic, if we are really so poor. :wallbang:

·
Registered
59,334 Posts
We are now :groan: the season before Lazo came we still played in the CL. Lets not also forget the other great transfer that season, 2 million euros for Jean Donde.

We might as well have no money :eek:

·
Registered
40,714 Posts
Great post Knoert, your conclusions are all spot on. Gullit is all charisma, no brains. Whenever he's new somewhere, things work, cause he's happy and the fans are still excited about a young new coach with such a great career behind him, how could it ever fail?

Well here's how. Things start going bad and Gullit decides to blame it on everyone except for himself (until the last couple of weeks, it seems his agent or someone else must have warned him about his egotripping behaviour). The atmosphere within the team drops and Gullit doesn't have what it takes to pick up a team of players when they're down. Tactically he sucks bigtime, so that's not an option either and so all that remains for him is to smile a lot at pressconferences and hope people just forget.

In short, we're not going anywhere in the next year, although I think not even Jorien can stand to watch another crap season. So he might be gone as soon as December or January.

·
Registered
59,334 Posts
Don't say that :nono:

Ruud Gullit was the man who built the foundations of Chelsea http://www.sportone.nl/artikel.php?id=29906

Ruud Gullit was the man who singlehandedly discovered Solomon Kalou & Gianni Zuiverloon and gave them a chance in the first team. Also the man who destroyed Co Adriaanse by playing Kalou in the Ronaldinho role. :nono: In 10 years time, it will be the same. He will have built the foundation to the Feyenoord championship winning side of 2014 :strong:

edit: Some news from Wotte:

Feyenoord zal zich komende zomer met maximaal twee spelers versterken.

Dat heeft Mark Wotte op RTV Rijnmond gezegd. "We zullen niet langer in de breedte investeren", aldus de technisch directeur.
Wotte noemde de vierde plaats die Feyenoord op dit moment inneemt, zorgwekkend. Hij zei verder dat een voortijdig vertrek van Ruud Gullit
voorlopig niet aan de orde is.

Paul Bosvelt is naast een contract als speler ook een baan als jeugdtrainer en teammanager aangeboden. De middenvelder koos
echter voor Heerenveen waar hij deze week een tweejarig contract tekent

as expected really. As for Bosvelt I do expect him to come back here in a year or 2s time (provided Gullit is gone) and take up a youth team just like van Gastel, Korneev, Henk Fraser. In that aspect I like the policy as we might see one of them take charge of the first team one day too.

Apparantly the man being touted to replace Gullit if he was to go is Henk van Stee. Dunno what to say about that. I remember he did bring us CL footie when Don Leo packed it in but at AZ it didn't go too well didn't it?

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
This morning, some dude whose name I forgot said that Kuyt (apparently) said that he would leave if some of F's current players dont leave, and no decent inforcements will be bought. That would -- blow. Although it sounds logical, he is usually a positive guy up for anything.

I dont think that this Ruud is such a big ego at all, he doesnt come across like that to me. Many people cope with Hugo Borst a lot worse :D

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
some interesting things on Ruud and Feyenoord on voetbal insite at the moment

traininglevel said to be really poor, and players not smiling at all.. that kind of sh*t.

·
Registered
59,334 Posts
how dare they say that about the man who built Chelsea :nono:
actually no surprise about the trainings, no wonder why there's absolutely no organization in our defence and why our positiespel is a joke compared to AZs or PSVs.

already switched over to spoorloos :D

·
Registered
40,714 Posts
Apparantly Gullit wants to sell him, but I think I speak for most Feyenoord fans when I say that we'd like Ghaly to stay. He's one of the players with most potential IMO and he just needs a good coach, which clearly isn't Gullit.

Anyway, a few hours ago it was announced that Feyenoord are ready to sign Akrami (spelling?) of Al Ahly. Can you tell us more about him?

·
Registered
51 Posts
thanks drulo
but r there is offers for ghali from big clubs??

about sherif ekrami
he is 21 years old
his tall about 192 cm
he is goalkeaper
he win the best goalkeper in youth WC 2003
he had offers from feyenoord , ajax ,barcelona
in my opinion he will be from the best gk in europe

·
Registered
59,334 Posts
Nah, haven't read any rumours and with Gullit, you never know. He might change his mind next week for all we know. I'd be real surprised were we to let Ghaly go despite him having his negatives (tactically he can improve), like others say his footballing qualities definitely outweigh them.

Read btw in todays AD that Gullit's had 2 conversations with Wim Jansen about possibly coming back in some kind of advisory role. Would be great but we definitely would have to find the right role for him since I don't want him to leave after a few months to Japan or somewhere, claiming that he wasn't listened to or that guys like Jan D Swart are still interfering in technical matters.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I too find it absurd to get rid of Ghali. I think the guy adds something extra, and then we keep hearing from Gullit that Ghali should keep it simple instead, not play on the offense too much. I mean wtf.. :mad: Its Ghali's quality to not keep it simple, why cant Gullit train on that with the guy? And learn him how to get the dangers out of his game?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts