Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be there if it wouldnt had been moved from Råsunda stadium. Now it was played at Ullevi. What unluck......

Starting elevens:

Molina

Salgado-Hierro-Paco-Aranzabal
Etxeberria-Valeron-Guardiola-Fran
Alfonso-UrZaiz

Spain were carefull in the beginning. Slow midfield i guess.
The only chances came from Salgados and Etxeberrias wing. Etxeberria rattled the crossbar once but that was it.
Exept from the Penalty Sweden didnt produce much (they suck,thats why).
Spains best period was in the beginning of the second half when Mendieta came in. He and Valeron had a great teamwork and created some good chances.
But when Camacho started to Sub the whole team (including Molina for Casillas) the teamplay stopped. Spain got nervous and and like i said. No planned and good moves were generated. The match got rather crappy and when Sweden scored that penalty from the old and waaaay over the hill Nilsson.

Players i liked:

M o T M for sweden:
Hedman (Made some great saves!)

Mo T M for Spain:
Valeron (delivered some great passes and showed confidence. Weird or what for a Atletico Madrid man ;) )

Good players:
Salgado (As good as in Madrid!)

Aranzabal (He looks clumsy but i was really impressed!)

Etxeberria (Lethal!When he got the ball he created something almost all of the time!)

Osmanovski (The only good swede)

Bad players:
Fran
Molina
Mendieta (Could have been Man of match but was too selfish, could have given Spain the match.....)

For those who watched the game, do you agree on my opinions?

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well that's sad R&B. Too bad Mendieta played that badly. I'm also surprised Fran didn't impresss. He's usually lethal with his perfect technique! :( The lack of Raul was obvious right? :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mendieta wasnt bad actually. He had two one-on-ones at Hedman and missed the first and didnt pass the second to Alfonso Perez.
That would have made it 2-0......

And Frans wing wasnt too busy so he didnt show much. When he got the ball he tried to hold it to himself instead of playing around.

Real&Barcafan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts