Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an inkling that liverpool are going to get knocked out tomorrow night in leverkusen, as i can't see them getting a result there. bayern are going to win their half of the competition and if things go well we can expect to meet them in the final. hopefully if it goes to penalties england(well mostly) will win for once, excluding hargreaves. anyone else as confident as myself?:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the scousers will be able to perform at Leverkusen. Bayern in the final would be an amazing game...but I don't know if I would perfer Bayern or Madrid, it's a tough tossup.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we can beat bayern if we really put our minds to it. it's safe to assume that with their defence bayern can get atleast a draw out of wednesday night's game and they can brush barca aside without too much difficulty. a packed hampden should inspire ferguson's men enough to get a result.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The scousers will go through, I've no doubt there. They've got exactly the result that suits their style of play best, i.e they can sit deep and hit them on the break with Mr.one-trick and the donkey.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Mr.one-trick and the donkey
I can guess Mr.one-trick but who's the donkey:confused: :confused: :D :D

Liverpool will get the result they need at Bay Arena.The Bayer coach has come out and said that they'll be charging towards the Liv defence from the first minute of the game and this just suits the Scousers game even more.:rollani:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I rather play Real Madrid than Bayern if we should make it to the final. Bayern are very hard to score against, while a match against Real Madrid would be more of a shoot out and I believe that's where our biggest chance lies...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'd prefer Real in the final. With Bayern, I think we've seen how much of a chess-match those games are. And on any given night really, it all comes down to who scores the one goal.

For pure entertainment, I'd like to see us play Real, who arguably have the best team in the world. I'd like to see our boys go toe to toe with Zizou, Figo, Roberto Carlos, Raul, et al.

Games against Real would be more of a shoot-out; I reckon we have a better defense than they have which is quite amazing. Also, I think we stand a better chance of winning that series.

I don't think Liverpool will win against Bayer. I'm amazed at how confident they are approaching the second leg in Germany, against a strong team which they didn't play that well against at home. A Smicer goal? I'd hardly call that cause for confidence.

Also, Barca should sweep aside Panathinakos at Nou Camp. Barcelona will be under a ton of pressure to perform in front of the home crowd as grab some silverwear this season. The coach is most likely a goner during the summer so he be fighting doubly hard to get the full 3 points.

SEMIS
--------------------
ManU vs. Bayer
Real vs. Barca

·
Registered
116 Posts
My semis are:

United vs Liverpool
Bayern vs Barca

I think Liverpool will get through as the game is perfectly set up for them as they can go away and completely shut down the opposition.

Bayern vs Real is very tight but I think Bayern might just edge it after seeing the way they defended at Old Trafford. Bayern don't seem to be in awe of Real as most teams seem to be so they have a good chance.

Barca should be too strong for the Greeks but they are so inconsistent it would not be a suprise if they failed to progress.

As for United, hoping for a professional performance from the lads, we just need to be patient and pick them off as they push forward.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I Wish they will lose coz iam Afraid from Liverpool

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'd prefer bayen because we've got more experience against them , whereas real are a bit of an unknown quantity against us in the last 5 years. bayern have a less complicted style of play than real, however it's still very effective.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Too bad for the Liverpool boys. But they're learning some tough lessons about the Champions League and what it takes to win it all.

Barca as well shoved aside Panathinakos, but I suspect that the semis are as far as they'll get. They cannot beat either Bayern or Real given their inconsistency this season, although on a good day they can beat any team anywhere.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
So the United-Pool semi-final is out of the picture.;)

Lets not get ahead of us and take our semi-final spot for granted.We still have a lot to do and Depor will be a very tough opposition.I am confident that we can get the job done omorrow but a lot can happen in 90 minutes of football.:nervous::nervous:

Liverpool's tactics finally misfired.They wanted to sit out on the 1 goal lead but they found out the hard way that the Champions League is quite different to UEFA Cup and the quality of opposition is a bit different over here.Still,considering that this is their first taste of the competition after a decade,all the Scousers should be happy with their achievment.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Liebero said:
Oooh I lovvve to be wrong!

:D
and i love to be right:) :D ;)
you can't go to the scond away leg thinking that defending will get you through if you won the first leg. bayern aren't planning to do that tonight against real. it just doesn't work in european football.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts