Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AO will only make 2 changes taking jorge costa for jorge andrade, and taking joao pinto for paulo bento, which means baia might still be the keeper

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think we need Ricardo in there.. I also think Beto deserves a starting spot, be it as CB or RB. I think Freuchaut is a bit over-rated. Yes, i think P. Bento will strengthen the midfield and win some balls for us.

The best player's are suppose to shine in big games, so look for Rui Costa and Figo to have a big impact on the next game.

FORCA PORTUGAL :)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
manuel said:
Yeah i had a feeling he'd stick with Baia. If so were screwed!:(
Baia best be telling Oliveira to stand him down cause "that performance" has done alot of damage in the way Portuguese Futebol followers look at him. Instead of Portuguese GK great of the 90's as the man who shafted Portugal hard in the ass during the WC of 2002 !!!!!!!!!!
As for the #2 ( i cant even mention his name ) Urgh!!!!!!!!............

& another thing You think we are 3 - 0 down after 38 minutes he would bring on our SUPER goal scoring sub , Nuno Gomes
What a waste of time bringing him on 40 minutes late , Oliveira may aswell sent out Nelson to have a run ( & on the way given Baia some GK tips !! )

M

·
0 Posts
Nuno should have been brought on the moment number 3 hit the net. He had no time to make an impact. If he had time he coudl of got on the end of some crosses but when he was finally put on we stopped crossing.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
That stickin Baia.......Damn, what is AO thinkin....We need Ricardo....If we wanted someone to stand in goal and just punch balls back to the opposing team strikers we should have Mike Tyson in there...At least he would punch them farther and with alot more vengenace....

Baia is a wuss and I think he still thinks about his knee...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
OK FELLA"S TIME TO RE GROUP & FIGHT ON AS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE OVER THE 1st GAME !!!!!!!!
Let us think of the next challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!

POLAND..........

WE MUST WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOSING OR DRAWING IS NOT AN OPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNING MUST BE THE RESULT < WE ARE STRONG !!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
The Poland game is going to be very hard. Both teams go into the game facing elimination so we will have to do better VS poland. We leave spaces at the back this time we'll be beaten by a lot more. If we keep Baia in goal we will be finished he cant hang on to a ball or kick one. Get the guy out!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Portugal will win if they are mentally prepared. We have more than enough talent - and heart. We can do it.

Manuel, nobody ever wins by being negative. I know you're trying to give us an accurate assessment, but check the pessimism bro!!!

M

·
0 Posts
OK sorry if i been stinking the place out iwth my pesimism but i was absolutly gutted after the game!!:(

Yep its probably time to start again and think positive. With Italy losing to Croatia we are likely to face someone else so we might not need to win the group!:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but we should think and say we will win the group. listen to this WEA RE PORTUGUESE WE SHOULD ALWAYS COME OUT ON TOP

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I don't know about that. If we pass through it might be better to face Croatia, (or Mexico) rather than Italy. So second place wouldn't be bad for Portugal. I'd love to see them play Italy, but it wouldn't hurt for them to get a few more games under their belt before they do.

For now, let's concentrate on Poland and Korea.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I'm not too worried about Korea but Poland is quite aggressive, and as we've seen from the last game against USA, if we're going to be losing 2-3 in the last ten minutes with their players basically trying to dryhump ours it wont be a foul..:rollani:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts