Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a half of the season:

Audero 6 - the Italo-Indonesian has become a reliable goalie, but a good goalie should save the impossible every now and then. Unfortunately the impossible has always entered our goal in this season instead.
All the defenders 6 - a disaster when Di Francesco was the coach, now Ranieri can field any player of the roster and that player does the job. Even Regini.
All but:
Murillo 5 - who was just slightly better as a right back, but not enough to justify the huge investment. Hopefully the loan to Celta becomes a full transfer.
Thorsby 7 - at the beginning of the season everyone said he was not suited to serie A, with Ranieri there is always a spot in the starting lineup for him. Whether it is right back or somewhere in the midfield, his hard work has always been precious.
Linetty 6,5 - Ranieri told us: when Linetty enters the starting lineup he is not going to leave it. This is exactly what has happened.
Vieira 6 - he is another untouchable of the starting lineup for Ranieri but Ranieri... and I :D expect an improvement in terms of initiative and decision making.
Ekdal 6 - he has lost the starting spot to Thorsby but I believe it has happened mostly because of Thorsby
Jankto 5,5 - I will give him 6 or more when he plays consistently the way he played in the last game vs Brescia
Leris 5 - Ranieri gave him a chance every time he could not really give a chance to other players and Leris failed to prove he is good enough for Sampdoria
Barreto and Bertolacci NV - injured or unfit
Ramirez 6,5 - almost sold during the past summer, Gaston was crucial in a few games just after Ranieri joined us. An injury has ruled him out but hopefully we will have him back soon and decisive the way he can be.
Rigoni 4 - a predictable failure. He should return to Zenit soon but it has not happened yet
Maroni NV - either injured or simply unfit or not ready. He could return to Argentina.
Quagliarella 5 - like his goals, but none of them was decisive, 3 were penalties and the one penalty which was crucial he missed. In general he was often the shadow of himself.
Gabbiadini 5,5 - Just 4 goals, but contrarily to the ones of Quagkiarella, he scored goals which brought 3 wins. Too bad that lately Manolo has missed way too many goals.
Caprari 6 - I will never like him and still hope that Sampdoria manage to sell him now that he has peaked with a pair of goals.
Bonazzoli 6 - a promising (almost goalless though) start then the injury which stopped him

Di Francesco 2 - a total disaster
Ranieri 8 - resuscitating this team after the awful job of EDF was not an easy job, he did it.

·
Registered
45,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the defenders 6 - a disaster when Di Francesco was the coach, now Ranieri can field any player of the roster and that player does the job. Even Regini.
Obviously our defenders had a nightmare game (vs Lazio) as soon as I wrote this. :D
Well, I believe Ranieri's tactical plan sort of hides the poor quality of our defenders, but there are games in which not even the tactical plan can hide their poor quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts