Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you some of you may recall, the day after italy lost euro 2000 to france, i boldly came on soccerforums and predicted del piero has all the qualities of paolo rossi....i compared del piero's mistakes with rossi's run ins with cheating and predicted this would be del piero's world cup regardless of totti, and vieri.....and again before the world cup started i stated del piero would make an impact and he woudl bring italy to the cup.....now im not predicting anything but del piero has that magic in his eyes and if italy is strengthened by thsi tie iamgine how strengthened del piero is for scoring finally on the big stage....if idiot trap could figure out a good midfield formation we will be hard to beat.....

...........................buffon...........................
......Iuliano.......Nesta...........Maldini.........
Zambrotta...Gattuso...Zanetti...Panucci...
..........................Totti.............................
.............Del Piero........Vieri..............

- nesta has confirmed his status as the best defender in the world (but marquez is veryg ood also)
- cannavaro is gone next game, but iuliano looked good in euro 2000 at the back so......
- i think gattuo should play because he will run and run and run

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I'd rather see Coco than Pannuci as the left mid, but not bad otherwise.

Personally, I think Trap will stick with the four man backline and probably should. Maldini has shown he cannot cover ground like he used to, so Italy probably need the four defenders back there. Just my take.

I agree that Del Piero should play with Vieri. Inzaghi is another finisher and Vieri needs a second forward, not another finisher like himself. If Totti plays farther back in the playmaking role, like he should, then the attack would be very dynamic.

I also agree that Gattuso is not a bad choice. Italy needs energy and grit if they are going to play two defensive minded mids and niether showed any grit nor determination against Mexico.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts